Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Helluva time and spot for a fake punt... Too bad they snapped it before everyone was set.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why did they have Bridgewater at QB instead of Hill while Brees was out?

This kid is pretty impressive

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And just like that, Drew Brees season is over again.

A very Jason Garrett-esque effort today from the Aints.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So I guess since the consensus appears to be Zimmer sucks then I suppose Payton does too?

Did anyone else hear Troy say Zimmer guaranteed this win?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
And just like that, Drew Brees season is over again.

A very Jason Garrett-esque effort today from the Aints.
no surprise. like Seattle, they were kinda teetering down the stretch. that loss to the Falcons was a harbinger.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So I guess since the consensus appears to be Zimmer sucks then I suppose Payton does too?

Did anyone else hear Troy say Zimmer guaranteed this win?

Yep, he said Zimmer told him "we're going to go down there and win the game"

Not as ballsy as Jimmy's "we will win the game, and you can put it into 3 inch headlines" but hey, kudos.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, he said Zimmer told him "we're going to go down there and win the game"

Not as ballsy as Jimmy's "we will win the game, and you can put it into 3 inch headlines" but hey, kudos.

In retrospect, given what we know about Jimmy's team, I'd say Zimmer's prediction is far more ballsy, the edge, if any, the Vikings had was razor thin

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In retrospect, given what we know about Jimmy's team, I'd say Zimmer's prediction is far more ballsy, the edge, if any, the Vikings had was razor thin

Eh, the 1993 Niners would have waxed the floor with any of these teams in the playoffs this year. They were coming off a 41pt flogging of the Giants in the divisional round, the same team that took us to the limit in the season finale for HFA. Emmitt was hurt and people thought we were somewhat vulnerable.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So Carson Wentz is starting his very first post season game of his career

The sad part?

He still has more Super Bowl Rings than the Cowboys in the last 25 years

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Eh, the 1993 Niners would have waxed the floor with any of these teams in the playoffs this year. They were coming off a 41pt flogging of the Giants in the divisional round, the same team that took us to the limit in the season finale for HFA. Emmitt was hurt and people thought we were somewhat vulnerable.

:funny: you're hilarious when you decide to play or not play the homer card. Key words I said "in retrospect".

The Jimmy coached version of those Cowboys had their number and were in their heads. Dallas blew them out of the stadium and even had them so frazzled Jerry Rice got a personal foul before the game even began.

It was the greatest game I ever attended at Texas Stadium where Cowboy fans are historically tepid but in this game, we stood up for the ENTIRE game, I've never seen anything like it before or since.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wentz is out hurt

Well at least it didn’t happen before the playoffs like it does every other season

So he’s making progress

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Beast Mode got himself a house call. 10-3 Seattle, beginning of 3rd quarter.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why did they have Bridgewater at QB instead of Hill while Brees was out?

This kid is pretty impressive
In spots, when he's inserted for the right role in the tight circumstance. I'm skeptical he'd be anything major as a full time player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So Carson Wentz is starting his very first post season game of his career

The sad part?

He still has more Super Bowl Rings than the Cowboys in the last 25 years

And he gets hurt, and cant finish the game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And he gets hurt, and cant finish the game.

Which is perfect considering he has been hurt this time of year every other season of his career

At least we can count on him missing the playoffs every season

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
:funny: you're hilarious when you decide to play or not play the homer card. Key words I said "in retrospect".

The Jimmy coached version of those Cowboys had their number and were in their heads. Dallas blew them out of the stadium and even had them so frazzled Jerry Rice got a personal foul before the game even began.

It was the greatest game I ever attended at Texas Stadium where Cowboy fans are historically tepid but in this game, we stood up for the ENTIRE game, I've never seen anything like it before or since.

I still say to this day that was the most perfect half of football this franchise has ever played. It's too bad Troy got KO'd on the first drive of 2nd half, we were up 28-7 and might have beaten them by 30 or 40+ that day.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Meanwhile it's 17-9 Seahags... Egals trading FGs to TDs with 'em.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
wild card bracket as of sunday 1-5-2020.jpg

update since printed:

Minnesota Vikings won, will go match with San Francisco 49 ers

Top Bottom