Reaction score
That guy was awesome. Only real good part of that era. I really felt like he was robbed for DROY.

I watched the shit out of that "Brotha gonna knock it out" Oklahoma highlight video leading up to the draft and was so pissed when we traded down with Kansas City because I thought we might've blown our chance to get him. My fiance came home right when they announced his name and she thought I was crazy how excited I was. I used to really take this shit too serious, I guess.

And its funny because if you read the SI article I think Peter King wrote where he was allowed in some of our draft meetings, there was a serious debate over taking him or Phillip Buchanon. Pretty sure Jerry said Buchanon "had a little Deion in him."

SMH

The dive tackle that Roy did to Simms was classic. Roy was told not to go after the QB like that. The most exciting albeit non-RKG players are the ones who defy logic for their own instincts. For good and for bad, those players make things on edge.

I'm wearing my 31 Williams jersey tomorrow in tribute to the Biscuit and that luck would come to the secondary.

Reaction score
I burned my 31 jersey years ago when he turned into a bag of shit.

Way I was raised.

Reaction score
It doesn't guarantee them anything in the playoffs, but several Detroit Lions said today that they had their best week of practice this season in anticipation of Sunday's wild-card showdown against the Dallas Cowboys (4:40 p.m., Fox).

"Best," safety James Ihedigbo said. "I mean best this season. Offensively, the ball didn't hit the ground. Defensively, I don't think we made like an M.E., a mental error, I don't think we had one throughout the whole week. Guys are locked in."

Lions coach Jim Caldwell praised his team's practice habits several times this week.

He said Thursday that Wednesday's practice and walkthrough were "about the best we've had," and he said today was "pretty close to as good as Wednesday's."

"I think, sometimes, it's just the urgency of the matter," Caldwell said. "It's not like our practices have been poor. They've been very good, but I do think this time of year brings out the best in you. It'll either polish you up or it'll grind you down, one or the other. So yeah, our practices have been crisp."

In the locker room after practice today, players milled about, playing their usual games of ping-pong and cornhole, dancing to Notorious B.I.G. and sorting through prints of action photos taken by Getty Images.

Caldwell has said that he wants his players loose and aggressive for games, and guard Rob Sims said that's how they'll be Sunday.

"We're loose," Sims said. "I feel like we've earned this one and we didn't have to wait for anybody to get us in there and we did it ourselves. That goes a long way."

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oy! I expect a tough game. Defenses sure seem to shine in the playoffs, hopefully Detroits was a mirage this season because if our offense slows down significantly, we're fucked

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I expect Dallas to win, but folks we're getting the chance to watch a Jim Caldwell-Jason Garrett chess match this weekend. An instant classic.

Reaction score
I always hate the "we have had great practices" line... We talkin bout practice... not a game, not a game, not a game... we talkin bout practice.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Think that was Quentin Jammer, not Phillip Buchanan. Could be wrong, though. There's a first time for everything.

Reaction score
Think that was Quentin Jammer, not Phillip Buchanan. Could be wrong, though. There's a first time for everything.

I remember they wanted Jammer over all of them. But correctly penciled Jammer to the Chargers right in front of us. They then were arguing over Williams over Buchanon. IIRC, Zimmer was strong for Roy. Campo was all over the place with his assessments, basically parokeeting whatever anyone else said. Zimmer said something like "Isn't the best safety better than the second best corner." Jerry said he had some Deion in him. Campo was all "ayuh!"

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Poor Cards with their third string QB... Carolina looking pretty good. You almost forget how the intensity goes to 11 in the playoffs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Poor Cards with their third string QB... Carolina looking pretty good. You almost forget how the intensity goes to 11 in the playoffs.
When you play not to lose, as the Cards are doing offensively, you'll lose.

Unless that Lindley is just totally incompetent, I would be bombs away - Carolina has no book on our QB or his tendencies.

Play to WIN. Be aggressive and win or lose based on that not being scared.

Reaction score

Unless that Lindley is just totally incompetent, I would be bombs away - Carolina has no book on our QB or his tendencies.

So.... you're a Cardinals fan?

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Poor Arizona

Can you imagine Dallas having to play with Dustin Vaughn

Doomsday"he probably won't throw the silly picks Romo does"

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

Arians is one of the most aggressive coaches in the league. He's not playing scared. He's playing smart. Lindley is the third string QB. Arians still takes shots downfield with him just not nearly as often as he did with Carson or even Stanton.

Top Bottom