dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm surprised its not getting more attention given how people make mountains out of every mole hill these days
Indeed.

That said it's just been put out there (by someone) and normally people that do this are doing so to play the cancel culture card.

Won't surprise me if we start seeing the usual race card players come out of the woodwork after the holiday weekend.

Jones may be a lot of things, but he is not a racist. Every player, coach or front office person thats worked for him would vouch for that.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Because it's inconclusive. He's in the back and he's not shouting at them -- at least not when the picture was snapped.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Indeed.

That said it's just been put out there (by someone) and normally people that do this are doing so to play the cancel culture card.

Won't surprise me if we start seeing the usual race card players come out of the woodwork after the holiday weekend.

Jones may be a lot of things, but he is not a racist. Every player, coach or front office person thats worked for him would vouch for that.
agreed but I cant help but wish he was so it'd be cause for losing the team

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
View attachment 10704

did I fall for fake news or something?
Absolutely no fake news Yim. I read the article in the Washington Post a few days ago. Crazy what archives are out there. I think they said Jerry was 15 years old in that picture. The way today's world is, they'll hold it against Jerry. No matter how long ago it was. 🙄

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Biden:

"I was there next to my good friend Barrack Obama, and we were being threatened and tormented by that group of racists, that's me in the plain white shirt next to Barry in the plaid shirt. I challenged that guy with the cigarette to a fist fight"

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He admitted it was him in the picture, but he said he (and many others) were not there doing anything wrong, that they were merely watching.

Plus its from like 60 years ago.

I know we all want Jones to go away, but this is nothing.
Sadly I have to agree. We desperately want Jerry gone but it would take an act of god to force a sale at this point. The other owners wont get 24 votes for this. Now if he was the guy with cig in his mouth or the guy next to him smirking it might move the needle some. Jerry had that golden touch even then, standing far enough away that his version of events really cant be challenged.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Jerry Jones just being there doesn't make him a racist. Was he just curious, or was he there to protest?? I believe he was just a curious 15 year old.

Top Bottom