Iamtdg

Reaction score
Explain.

One of the biggest qualities you look for in a DB is their ball skills. If they can't catch for shit, it hurts their stock tremendously. Whereas, a DB with great ball skills give you almost infinitely more versatility and value. It's one of the main reasons I don't want Ramsey at 4. He has terrible ball skills. He dropped many an interception while at Florida State. No thanks.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
One of the biggest qualities you look for in a DB is their ball skills. If they can't catch for shit, it hurts their stock tremendously. Whereas, a DB with great ball skills give you almost infinitely more versatility and value

Well no shit.

I'm not arguing that. I said GREAT hands. I didn't say he could have bricks for hands and it wouldn't matter. Or that I hate DBs who get interceptions.

And wait, do you think when people say "ball skills" alls they mean is whether or not they drop the ball? lol

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
One of the biggest qualities you look for in a DB is their ball skills. If they can't catch for shit, it hurts their stock tremendously. Whereas, a DB with great ball skills give you almost infinitely more versatility and value. It's one of the main reasons I don't want Ramsey at 4. He has terrible ball skills. He dropped many an interception while at Florida State. No thanks.

Another thing, you do realize you're talking about a player that is considered to be top 3-5 best player in this draft by the people who get paid to do this for a living, right? And not just some people... but practically everyone. If he was as bad as you claim do you really think that would be?

Smh.. when message board scouts take it too far.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
[video=youtube;rJ9k1bXcfMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9k1bXcfMs[/video]

Reaction score
There was a ton of people who claimed Newman and Claiborne were literally the best players in their respective classes as well.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There was a ton of people who claimed Newman and Claiborne were literally the best players in their respective classes as well.

Claiborne was being mentioned as the next Patrick Peterson.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Claiborne was being mentioned as the next Patrick Peterson.

by Jerry and our scouts.

Others knew he wasn't close to Peterson.

dbair will come in and say he was the top defensive player in the draft so I'll go ahead and remind him that the Rams desperately needed a CB, would go on to draft 2, and decided to trade away from Claiborne.

You don't trade away from a great player.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
by Jerry and our scouts.

Others knew he wasn't close to Peterson.

dbair will come in and say he was the top defensive player in the draft so I'll go ahead and remind him that the Rams desperately needed a CB, would go on to draft 2, and decided to trade away from Claiborne.

You don't trade away from a great player.

No, that was coming from all the blow hards at ESPN.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Another thing, you do realize you're talking about a player that is considered to be top 3-5 best player in this draft by the people who get paid to do this for a living, right? And not just some people... but practically everyone. If he was as bad as you claim do you really think that would be?

Smh.. when message board scouts take it too far.

I don't care where they have him slated to go, I wouldn't touch him. If I'm using a top 5 pick on a fucking DB, he damn sure better be getting me some INTs. Ramsey will never ever be that DB. Like never ever.

Everyone also has Bosa as a top 5 pick, but I wouldn't touch him either. I think he turns out to be the biggest bust in this draft.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

But, like, "they" say it so it must be true, cause they have like watched tapes and stuffs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No, that was coming from all the blow hards at ESPN.

It wasn't just BSPN, virtually all the draft "experts" had Claiborne rated as not only the top CB, but most had him as the top defensive player. As an aside to this, most people assumed when we moved up it was going to be for Mark Barron, who ended up going with the next pick to Tampa.

That draft didn't turn out overly well (I am not talking about just us, go back and review that first round as a whole)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone also has Bosa as a top 5 pick, but I wouldn't touch him either. I think he turns out to be the biggest bust in this draft.

If he ends up being a wastoid (pot) then yeah its likely. Otherwise I think he'll be pretty good and just from a play on the field perspective I think he's a safe pick.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

You list a couple busts and then I'll list some players who didn't... Where does that get us?

And look never did I say theres not a chance he won't bust.. I think everyone in their right mind understands how much of a crap shoot the draft can be. But I laugh at these fans who, at this point in the process, think they know more than the people who actually get paid to do this. If you were that good at predicting it then you would have a fuckin job actually doing it, not posting on a message board.

Having an strong opinion is one thing but when it goes against practically everyone else's opinions who actually matter... I mean come the fuck on. Maybe just maaaaybe there's a chance you could be wrong.

And seriously, when someone says dumb shit like "If they can't catch for shit, it hurts their stock tremendously.".... lol well apparently not when this guy has a 95% chance of going in the first 5 picks according to, again, practically everyone that actually matter. SMH.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't care where they have him slated to go, I wouldn't touch him. If I'm using a top 5 pick on a fucking DB, he damn sure better be getting me some INTs. Ramsey will never ever be that DB. Like never ever.

So basically in a defensive heavy draft you don't like two of the best defensive prospects in it...

Wait thats right, earlier you said "QB or Elliot at 4... or trade down."

So Offensive skill player, or Offensive skill player, or ... MORE PICKS!!!

Typical Joe Fan.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
[video=youtube;rJ9k1bXcfMs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9k1bXcfMs[/video]

Yeah. Dude is one of the most impressive talents to come out in years.

The only person who has great ball skills is IAMTDG. Fucking fag.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
So basically in a defensive heavy draft you don't like two of the best defensive prospects in it...

Wait thats right, earlier you said "QB or Elliot at 4... or trade down."

So Offensive skill player, or Offensive skill player, or ... MORE PICKS!!!

Typical Joe Fan.

:lol

Love the joe fan line. It's always used when you have shit else to prove your point.

Oh, and yeah, Elliot, QB or trade down. Now, I wouldn't be pissed if we take Buckner at 4. Actually there are a few players that I'm not big on taking at 4 that I wouldn't be pissed if we take. But, if we take either of those two, I'm pissed.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Top Bottom