Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise anyone if the Cowboys picked Jalen Ramsey with the 4th pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

Of the fans who post here, who'd be really pleased for the Cowboys to use the 4th pick in the draft on Ramsey? What do you like most about the guy and what he'd bring to Dallas?

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
I wouldnt be thrilled getting another CB in the top 5 of the draft.
I think the guy is talented but it just doesnt excite me

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Personally I'd prefer a QB or even Elliott over Ramsey but I wouldn't be upset with the pick.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Hell yea, I would. He's number 2 on my list behind Jack.

Adding him to our secondary with Bryon Jones finally gets that group back on track. He's aggressive, plays with an attitude (which our sorry ass group of nice guys need), can play multiple positions if needed at a high level, and he's excellent in press man or blitzing. He's far from a finished product at CB too so IMO his potential is through the roof.

Only negatives I have with him are possibly some maturity issues. And when I watch him I see a very good corner but an excellent safety prospect. Say he fails at CB so we bump him back to safety, in that case its tough to really justify spending a #4 overall on a safety when we already have a potentially very good one in Bryon Jones.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Goff is gone, I would be thrilled with Ramsey.

I don't trust this Front Office to get a great deal in a trade down.

If Goff and Ramsey are gone, I do hope we trade down, and that the trade rape isn't too savage.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hell yea, I would. He's number 2 on my list behind Jack.

Adding him to our secondary with Bryon Jones finally gets that group back on track. He's aggressive, plays with an attitude (which our sorry ass group of nice guys need), can play multiple positions if needed at a high level, and he's excellent in press man or blitzing. He's far from a finished product at CB too so IMO his potential is through the roof.

Only negatives I have with him are possibly some maturity issues. And when I watch him I see a very good corner but an excellent safety prospect. Say he fails at CB so we bump him back to safety, in that case its tough to really justify spending a #4 overall on a safety when we already have a potentially very good one in Bryon Jones.

The only real negative I have with Ramsey is his hands are not very good. Great athlete that will knock down a ton of passes and plays the run extremely well from the secondary but drops way too many int's. For a defense that is horrible at creating turnovers they really need a guy that can actually catch the ball. Also with zero pass rush the secondary is going to get torched again this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise anyone if the Cowboys picked Jalen Ramsey with the 4th pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

Of the fans who post here, who'd be really pleased for the Cowboys to use the 4th pick in the draft on Ramsey? What do you like most about the guy and what he'd bring to Dallas?

He isn't my first choice, but if they are claiming he is the #1 or #2 player on their board and they take him at 4, its hard to have a major issue with it. He is very versatile and you can do a lot of things with him in, those are plusses. If he doesn't cut it at CB or become elite there, you can definitely move him to safety.

I'd much prefer Ramsey to Tunsil.

Reaction score
Can he return kicks? I think he's a good defensive back. He is not Patrick Peterson who would be a true 4th pick. Jack could probably move back to safety on certain downs and cover better than Ramsay. Not that Ramsay isn't good. He kind of suffers from being just good and there's no one really great to offer the slight contrast. As of the ESPN Dallas radio guys pointed out, if you are drafted in the top 5 you should be expected to be an eventual HoF. Ramsay is good.

Reaction score
You see it all the time where super bowl winners are built by taking cornerbacks repeatedly in the first round.

Man fuck this team if they take a cornerback round one again.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You see it all the time where super bowl winners are built by taking cornerbacks repeatedly in the first round.

Man fuck this team if they take a cornerback round one again.

You said exactly what I was thinking. Haha

Reaction score
Beyond his physical talents, Ramsey is apparently one of those natural team leaders who inspires his teammates.

I heard someone compare him to Ronnie Lott this morning on the radio. Plays with a lot of intensity and expects his teammates to do so too.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
The only real negative I have with Ramsey is his hands are not very good. Great athlete that will knock down a ton of passes and plays the run extremely well from the secondary but drops way too many int's. For a defense that is horrible at creating turnovers they really need a guy that can actually catch the ball. Also with zero pass rush the secondary is going to get torched again this year.

If you want great hands then draft a WR. They're DBs for a reason.

And yes we need to improve on our DLine as far as pass rush goes but great press man corners can absolutely help a pass rush get home, too. Goes both ways. When's the last time we had a coverage sack? Ramsey could help with that.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Beyond his physical talents, Ramsey is apparently one of those natural team leaders who inspires his teammates.

I heard someone compare him to Ronnie Lott this morning on the radio. Plays with a lot of intensity and expects his teammates to do so too.

That intensity is what I love most about him. Very aggressive and always talking shit. Our defense needs an attitude in the worst way... Ramsey brings plenty.

Reaction score
Yeah because constantly drafting CB's early in the draft has really helped this team.

Could you imagine how average we would've been had we NOT taken Terrance Newman 5th overall?

Or how bad our defense would've been had we not selected Mike Jenkins in 2008?

Imagine how quarterbacks would've been able to slice and dice our defense at will without that Maurice Claiborn selection in 2012 at #6 overall.

Or Byron Jones last year - really transcended our defense.

I just think that you know, when you see all the perennial contenders... the Patriots, the Seahawks, the Packers, the Broncos, the Steelers... etc, they all have one thing in common... they are routinely burning first round picks on cornerbacks. Even back to back drafts.

Because the only way to build a quality defense is to spend 3 first rounders in a 5 year period on cornerbacks.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If you want great hands then draft a WR. They're DBs for a reason.

And yes we need to improve on our DLine as far as pass rush goes but great press man corners can absolutely help a pass rush get home, too. Goes both ways. When's the last time we had a coverage sack? Ramsey could help with that.

:lol

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen typed out.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yeah because constantly drafting CB's early in the draft has really helped this team.

Could you imagine how average we would've been had we NOT taken Terrance Newman 5th overall?

Or how bad our defense would've been had we not selected Mike Jenkins in 2008?

Imagine how quarterbacks would've been able to slice and dice our defense at will without that Maurice Claiborn selection in 2012 at #6 overall.

Or Byron Jones last year - really transcended our defense.

I just think that you know, when you see all the perennial contenders... the Patriots, the Seahawks, the Packers, the Broncos, the Steelers... etc, they all have one thing in common... they are routinely burning first round picks on cornerbacks. Even back to back drafts.

Because the only way to build a quality defense is to spend 3 first rounders in a 5 year period on cornerbacks.

We have huge needs elsewhere. Take William Jackson in the second if you just have to take a DB high. QB or Elliot at 4... or trade down.

Top Bottom