Bengalsfan

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm a long time fan of football, and way back in 1990-91, the NFL had a off-season league called the World League of American Football, (WLAF). there were 10 teams, here in the U.S, and teams in Canada, Germany, Spain, London. Jason Garret and his 2 brothers all played in the WLAF. Jason and one of his brothers played for the San Antonio Riders. I happened to be a fan of that team. Only it didn't last but 2 seasons. I have J. Garrets autograph on a football card from his playing days back then.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I remember it well. Our London Monarchs won it all in that inaugural season with former Cowboys draftee Stan Gelbaugh at QB. Garrett and the Riders were a pitiful 3-7. The standard of football all round was not good, but it was all good fun.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm a long time fan of football, and way back in 1990-91, the NFL had a off-season league called the World League of American Football, (WLAF). there were 10 teams, here in the U.S, and teams in Canada, Germany, Spain, London. Jason Garret and his 2 brothers all played in the WLAF. Jason and one of his brothers played for the San Antonio Riders. I happened to be a fan of that team. Only it didn't last but 2 seasons. I have J. Garrets autograph on a football card from his playing days back then.

How can one forget the glory days?

Top Bottom