Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So this off season will be telling. MM is as good as gone, as is Quinn. Coach killer made sure to toast his HC.

Now what? No matter what we do at the coaching position(s) it won't matter one lick if we can't find a QB.

Plus a bunch of garbage time yards that were meaningless when the game's out of hand and out of reach. When the team needs him to counterpunch GB's offense and swing some momentum, he can't muster ONE fucking yard in the first quarter. MVP my fucking ass...................

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So this off season will be telling. MM is as good as gone, as is Quinn. Coach killer made sure to toast his HC.

Now what? No matter what we do at the coaching position(s) it won't matter one lick if we can't find a QB.

Plus a bunch of garbage time yards that were meaningless when the game's out of hand and out of reach. When the team needs him to counterpunch GB's offense and swing some momentum, he can't muster ONE fucking yard in the first quarter. MVP my fucking ass...................

yeah but he is worth $50+ mill/year

you just simply cant pass on a deal like that

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how a QB that was legitimately in the MVP talk last week could completely shit the bed like he did today

In the playoffs

Again

For a third straight year

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how a QB that was legitimately in the MVP talk last week could completely shit the bed like he did today

In the playoffs

Again

For a third straight year
Its not that hard really.

He cant handle the pressure. None of these guys can, and the coaches have no ability whatsoever to help them beat that.

Erin Andrews and Jane Slater both spent a lot of time talking about it before the game kicked off. They said all the guys knew there was immense pressure to do well today, and when players like that get "squeezed" it brings out the worst in them. They cannot handle these moments.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Its not that hard really.

He cant handle the pressure. None of these guys can, and the coaches have no ability whatsoever to help them beat that.

Erin Andrews and Jane Slater both spent a lot of time talking about it before the game kicked off. They said all the guys knew there was immense pressure to do well today, and when players like that get "squeezed" it brings out the worst in them. They cannot handle these moments.
its an issue we've talked about ad nauseam for 30 years, jeri doesnt like or cultivate the type of environment that prepares a team for these moments

they're entitled the day they sign and treated/paid like they've won championships despite never sniffing one in 30 years (happy anniversary by the way!)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
its an issue we've talked about ad nauseam for 30 years, jeri doesnt like or cultivate the type of environment that prepares a team for these moments

they're entitled the day they sign and treated/paid like they've won championships despite never sniffing one in 30 years (happy anniversary by the way!)
I emtnioned it during the game, but not only did the players look like they all had deer in the headlights from the onset, but the damn HC did too.

Before Prescott threw that first pick McCarthy literally looked like he was going to start crying. It was only 7-0 but he was feeling it then. He was probably already thinking about the ugly meeting with Jones tomorrow morning.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I emtnioned it during the game, but not only did the players look like they all had deer in the headlights from the onset, but the damn HC did too.

Before Prescott threw that first pick McCarthy literally looked like he was going to start crying. It was only 7-0 but he was feeling it then. He was probably already thinking about the ugly meeting with Jones tomorrow morning.
lol, pathetic, glad I missed it

reminds me of when Jimmy gave the speech before one of the Super Bowls about walking on a 2x4 on the ground vs 8 feet up on top of two ladders. Its easy to do when the 2x4 is on the ground because you're not thinking about falling but when its too high off the ground the fear of falling (failing) overwhelms the weak

but that's the least of their problems...its remarkable how consistent the choking has been year in year out regardless of coaches or players, you'd think they'd fall ass backword into something decent over 30 years but nah

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Say it ain't so......and say it didn't take people this long to figure out something I've been saying here for years.....Dak is a one read QB.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score

Over & over this franchise turns from great performances to a complete dumpster fire at the drop of a dime. Crazy!
Nothings changed with me in regards to him.

He has to come up big in the postseason. We may not win it all, but he CANNOT be the main reason we lose. If he is, they should not extend his deal and instead should probably think about trading him.

He's had a great year. I do think he has improved in a number of areas of his game. He is making touch throws much better than I ever remember. He now leads receivers correctly more often than not. He has cut down on throws into coverage (and the turnovers, as he promised). I think he throws the ball into the intermediate areas the best he has ever done.

But he's got to do it during January (and hopefully Feb)
Well said! Nobody seen this coming. Especially playing at home. The man literally cost Dallas 3 consecutive first round playoff losses. It's not only embarrassing, it's humiliating at its finest.
20240115_190823.jpg

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

i really like dak and i really hoped he would work. he needs to show at least that he's a player you can win with, not a player you win because of. but when it matters most, dak has shown that he is a player you need to win in spite of.

all those points, yards, tight window throws, and PFF stats dont mean shit when you get PUNKED when it really matters.

dak is a hero during regular season, then a zero in the playoffs

DAL doesnt have a coach that can overcome that. jerry cannot see the truth and/or doesnt care to acknowledge it.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i really like dak and i really hoped he would work. he needs to show at least that he's a player you can win with, not a player you win because of. but when it matters most, dak has shown that he is a player you need to win in spite of.

all those points, yards, tight window throws, and PFF stats dont mean shit when you get PUNKED when it really matters.

dak is a hero during regular season, then a zero in the playoffs

DAL doesnt have a coach that can overcome that. jerry cannot see the truth and/or doesnt care to acknowledge it.
It's hard for Jerry to admit he was wrong when he wrote a check for 50 million bucks and handed it to Dak! His ego will never let him and Dak will retire as a Cowboy, mark my words!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's hard for Jerry to admit he was wrong when he wrote a check for 50 million bucks and handed it to Dak! His ego will never let him and Dak will retire as a Cowboy, mark my words!

and he agreed to a contract with a no trade and no franchise tag clause, WTF man? We know he understands the concept of leverage as he uses it to the max when it comes to his coaches yet he consistently takes it in the ass from his players, its mind boggling

I would have told Dak to take a hike over these two requests alone, what is he afraid of?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
e24725877af1bb620344efd36952bd79.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
A story is out from Jane Slater that a player in the locker room stated that Dak panics if his first look isn’t there.

This has been mentioned on this board before. But I find it interesting that it’s also coming from one of Daks teammates

Top Bottom