dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know who these people are or where they got the info.

If true, the Jones' are every bit as stupid as we have always thought. There's no way in hell Prescott deserves one cent more in "new" money or any years added to his current deal until he proves he can get the team over the hump. It'd be different if he was playing great in the postseason and we lost because of bad defense, fluky plays, penalties or some other crap. But the fact is that quite arguably we lost the last two playoff games almost SOLELY because of him. He's also coming off a career yr for interceptions and his last two regular season games last yr were absolutely horrible. The game vs Washington was one of the worst games I've ever seen a QB play.

He's had a couple of really good games in the playoffs (vs GB as a rookie, last yr vs Tampa) and he wasn't the reason we lost at the Rams in 2019, but he was the reason we lost both games vs SF and the defense clearly played well enough to win both games, especially last yr)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But, but, but….

Dak Sucks!
a93bc02be34aca08cb4db47af6324cf7.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You all (or at least some of you) fall for it every damn time. Like this guy is a rookie or a QB playing on his rookie deal.

Dak can play GREAT when everything around him is going great and he doesn't have to carry the load. He doesn't have to worry about turnovers.......Ask him to carry the load when the chips are down and the D sucks and do it consistently (ie: in the playoffs) and he'll fail you every time.

Dak had a great game against a 3rd string scrub QB and a team in disarray. I'll take the win every damn time and praise the guy while I'm at it. But he's in year 8. I'd like to see some playoff success and maybe a SB before I take him down to the ball sack.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You all (or at least some of you) fall for it every damn time. Like this guy is a rookie or a QB playing on his rookie deal.

Dak can play GREAT when everything around him is going great and he doesn't have to carry the load. He doesn't have to worry about turnovers.......Ask him to carry the load when the chips are down and the D sucks and do it consistently (ie: in the playoffs) and he'll fail you every time.

Dak had a great game against a 3rd string scrub QB and a team in disarray. I'll take the win every damn time and praise the guy while I'm at it. But he's in year 8. I'd like to see some playoff success and maybe a SB before I take him down to the ball sack.

Dam WILL end up like a Moreno or Jim Kelly and many others

Great stats
But could never win the big games when it matters most.

That will be his legacy

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dam WILL end up like a Moreno or Jim Kelly and many others

Great stats
But could never win the big games when it matters most.

That will be his legacy
Kelly got to 4 super bowls.

They should have won the 1st one, the other three times they were a really good team that had to play a great team (Washington 1991, Dallas 92 and 93)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
f0bfe8bb942e5099ee4c7fcdaceb23e7.jpg

Again
Impressive stat

But not a single living breathing human being would ever pick Dak over Mahomes with the game on the line

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Kelly got to 4 super bowls.

They should have won the 1st one, the other three times they were a really good team that had to play a great team (Washington 1991, Dallas 92 and 93)

He got to and LOST four straight Super Bowls

Which is my point exactly

He could never win the big game when it mattered the most.

There is no better example of this

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a very shar start at all. 3 and out on offense and a complete waste of time 3rd down play call, throwing the ball behind the LOS

Defense gets field flipped on them byt worst offense in league, but Parsons ends drive with good sack. Mazi Smith got home again for hit on QB too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He got to and LOST four straight Super Bowls

Which is my point exactly

He could never win the big game when it mattered the most.

There is no better example of this
They got beat by the vastly better team in 3 of those 4 games.

The other one they lost their usually good PK missed the game winning FG

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
But, but, but….

Dak Sucks!
a93bc02be34aca08cb4db47af6324cf7.jpg
I'm not interested in stats other than how many rings a team has.

My biggest problem with Dak is his contract. It doesn't matter to me that he has now dropped in the rankings in terms of how much he is paid. Those first couple of years were years that his cap number hampered the team from winning it all.

I don't like to be bullshitted on a weekly basis about how much Dak wants to win and yet his contract demands don't align.

If you study Mahomes contrat on Spotrac, you'll sehat the 250 million figure is a bit of smoke and mirrors because the key number is 10 years. The Chiefs had and have a decent amount of leeway.

The cowboys tried to get Dak to agree to a longer contract and he wouldn't.

The 400 yard stat is a bit misleading. Back in the 70s, for example, throwing for 400 was like throwing for 1000 today. I remember when Bernie Kosar was putting up 400 yard games and it seemed incredible.

With safeties no longer able to patrol the middle of the field, QBs coddled in the pocket etc, it's not really right to add in some of the previous QBs.

I found this list of rule changes.
  1. 1993 - they changed it so intentional grounding was no longer called if the QB was outside of the hash marks when throwing if the pass falls beyond the line of scrimmage
  2. 1994 - many rule changes, league wanted a higher emphasis on the offensive game in general vs kicking, OL were now able to line up with one foot behind the line of scrimmage instead of needing two (modern OTs now do this most plays, gives them an easier time in pass protection matching the edge rusher). 2 Point conversions added. Spot of the ball at a missed field goal was changed from the spot on the line of scrimmage to the spot of the kick (makes kicking slightly more risky) and QBs were given transmitters in their helmets so they could hear their coaches talking from the sideline for the first time (this was first trialed by Paul Brown as HC of the Browns in the 50s and quickly banned league wide but then brought back)
  3. 1995 - roughing the passer is added as a penalty, previously defenders could do whatever they wanted to the QB if they hit him while he was throwing or just after
  4. 1995 - changed rules surrounding WRs pushed out of bounds being able to return to the field mid-play, defenders used to be able to push WRs out and the player could no longer be active for the rest of the play
  5. 1996 - illegal contact rules introduced in 1978 are expanded upon and more strictly enforced
  6. 2001 - roughing the passer becomes more strictly enforced with an emphasis on late hits
  7. 2002 - became illegal to hit a QB helmet to helmet after a turnover, used to be legal for a defender to walk up to a QB and hit him as hard as possible in the head if the offense had just turned the ball over
  8. 2004 - illegal contact rules once again tightened
  9. 2006 - low hits on QBs when the defender had a chance to not hit low became illegal
  10. 2007 - illegal cut blocks on WRs became a 15 yard penalty instead of 5
  11. 2009 - penalty against hitting a defenseless receiver added for 15 yards, used to be if the player caught the ball he was fair game
  12. 2009 - more definitions added to the low hit rule, used to be legal to role a QB or hit him low if he was already being tackled by another player (the Brady rule, from his 2008 ACL tear)
  13. 2010 - defenseless receiver rules expanded to include all players (defenseless player), more strictly enforced and also league threatened more suspensions if safety rules were not followed

daboyz

📣 Cheerleader 🙆‍♂️
Reaction score
Be careful what you post on Social Media because it's very good friends w/Karma! :oops:

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
FIRST TAKE | Stephen A. Smith: Dak Prescott & Cowboys is a bigger threat to 49ers than Eagles now

daboyz

📣 Cheerleader 🙆‍♂️
Reaction score
Only 4 QBs in NFL history have posted a passer rating of 100 or better in 8+ straight home games. If Dak's passer rating is 100 or better Sunday night vs. Egals, he'll join, Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees & Brett Favre.

That said, I'll let the crickets take it from here!
dallas cowboys fanatics retail GIF by Fanatics

Top Bottom