yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So I go back to the start of the thread just to see where we were as a fan base and I have to say I was pretty spot on in early 2019 when the thread was started. Matter of fact, I feel like a sage. I want to continue reading from the start of the thread just for the shear comedy. If Mr. B would still be here, he'd take a beating.

I like my take as well

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
nah, he'd just say if you dont see things his way, you're a racist

468a8dff380268323d2ba4fb897e96ff.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nailed it Yim......you pointed out all the things that were red flags years ago and we're still talking about it today. Not surprising though. I think you're far smarter than dbair or Scott. But I still like those guys....

I like my take as well

Dont get me wrong, I love Dak in many ways but I am concerned about his passing accuracy, ability to read defenses, anticipate throws, etc and I honestly dont know what the hell I'm looking at so it makes me wonder if my naive eyes can see this, what dont I see? I guess the answer to that could be good or bad. He strikes me as good enough to win provided he has a good team around him but not good enough to carry the team by himself, so some of his salary has to go to his team mates so they all can win, both on the field and financially for years to come.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, it is possible to love Dak yet be concerned about how his salary will effect the team's ability to win and whether his present weaknesses can be improved upon or overcome going forward

the way the rules are set up to so drastically favor the offense, playing QB now is night and day from what it used to be when your receivers would get their heads knocked off for trying to come across the middle and when QB's regularly got KILLED by the defense set out to hurt them and knock them out of the game.

Given the way the league favors offense and protects the QB, we might be on the verge of seeing a shift in the mindset of how to manage the cap allocation for the QB. Rather than suck up a huge portion of the cap on a top 5 QB, perhaps teams will figure out how to win with a lesser QB but a greater overall team.

Yim with another Gem. Mr. Yim, meet Mr. Purdy.......

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In 2018, Dak threw for better than 300 yards only twice in the regular season. Even more telling, he threw for less than 200 yards 8 times in the regular season. Think about that for a second. All the Tweets showing 20 yards throws won't change that. #DinkandDak

In 2022, Dak threw for 300 yards twice, including the Tampa playoff game. The more things change, the more they stay the same. #Sage

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I doubt any of our defensive guys will be calling him a "winner" any more.

Parsons certainly intimated otherwise.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So knowing what we know, what are our options?

Dallas fans are truning on Dak as the QB for this team. Almost everyone has seen the light and I'm hoping this mind set continues that Jerry and Spawn take notice.

First, Dak did us a huge favor by demanding a 4 year deal as opposed to a 5 year deal. If I'm Jerry, I ask Dak to waive his no trade clause. There are still some teams that may give us a bag of chips for the dude. Seriously, I was having this conversation with some buddies last night who are Pittsburg fans. They think there are enough QB hungry teams that someone will give up some decent picks to acquire him.

If we can trade Dak, I'd start looking at QB's each and every year and if there's a QB I think is worth a first round pick, I take him or make a trade to move up and take him.

I pick up either Brady or Rodgers for one last run. Even if it's a 1 or 2 year stop gap deal. Rodgers more than Brady because I think he's younger and may have something left int he tank. I think we can challenge for a SB or, at the very least, an NFCCG appearance, with a guy like Rodgers behind this D.

I do know that staying put with the same QB is just not an option any more. We'll be right here again next year or maybe worse as teams like the Eagles and SF continue to lap us by taking shots at QB and changing. Teams in the NFC are going to hit on QB's sooner or later and it's only a matter of time before our situation becomes more dire as Dak continues to fall to the back of the pack. Make a move now while he's young enough to get you something.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It would be 89 million in dead money to trade or release him prior to June 1. He isn't getting traded.

But they absolutely should draft someone to assume the role in 2024 if (when) Prescott fails to have any real postseason success again and cannot cease the game killing turnovers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Name I am intrigued by since I know CJ Stroud and Will Levis are pipedreams-

Stanford QB Tanner McKee. 6'6, 230, quality arm strength, smart kid and played for David Shaw. Right now is a borderline 1st/2nd rd pick, now he may end up moving up draft boards after the combine and pro days, but for now he is in range of where we are drafting from.

He has officially declared for the draft and will likely be the 4th or 5th QB selected.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would be 89 million in dead money to trade or release him prior to June 1. He isn't getting traded.

But they absolutely should draft someone to assume the role in 2024 if (when) Prescott fails to have any real postseason success again and cannot cease the game killing turnovers.

Next year is going to be a shit show. I highly doubt anything changes with Dak after 7 years. Same issues, same mistakes. He is what he is. And the heat will be on.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
"Dak Prescott & Mike McCarthy are DONE in Dallas" - Rex Ryan MOCKS Cowboys' QB star & head coach

Top Bottom