Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing that would surprise me at this point would be making it to and winning the Super Bowl

At this point, and under the constraints of playing for the Jones clan, I'd take a SB appearance as a win. That would be the next step for Dak and would give me some hope moving forward.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
At this point, and under the constraints of playing for the Jones clan, I'd take a SB appearance as a win. That would be the next step for Dak and would give me some hope moving forward.
NFC Championship game or bust.

They don't get there, time to blow up the staff.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How could anybody watch that performance yesterday from a QB 7 years in and be sold on him? What a shit show. Have worse quaterbacks won SBs? Yes but those were well coached teams with owners that knew their place. For Dak to QB this team past a WC playoff win, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING else would have to be in place and go right the entire season. With the shit show ownership there is probably a better chance to win the lottery.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How could anybody watch that performance yesterday from a QB 7 years in and be sold on him? What a shit show. Have worse quaterbacks won SBs? Yes but those were well coached teams with owners that knew their place. For Dak to QB this team past a WC playoff win, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING else would have to be in place and go right the entire season. With the shit show ownership there is probably a better chance to win the lottery.
14/37 vs a team with nothing to play for and missing their best DL and a couple other key defensive players.

One of the worst performances in history of the team.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The last two games, there's absolutely no difference between Prescott and Quincy Carter.

Let that sink in.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
The last two games, there's absolutely no difference between Prescott and Quincy Carter.

Let that sink in.
Ugh, as much as I hate to admit it, you're absolutely correct. What happened to him? What was up with that same play fiasco where he missed getting picked the 1st time & was picked the 2nd time. Was that on Moore? Moore did the same in Philly a few years back in the last game of the season in Philly with the division on the line. He sat our two WR's & had Elliott supposedly run it in on 3rd & goal. When Elliott didn't cross, freaking Moore ran the same exact play & the opponents stopped Elliott again on 4th & goal.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
e1b14c908a01535820f26d7b316ce450.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Listening/reading some of these posts is almost comical and I have to ask where you folks have been for 7 years? This is nothing new with Dak except this year he has a chance with the depleted QB's in the NFC. He's the exact same player he was last year.....and the year before that......and the year before that (minus the injury year) and so on. He's a decent QB and out played his 4th round draft status. But he's not a true franchise QB. He's a coach killer.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I think Dak vs Howell I pick Dak to win because I expect him to out-perform what I perceive as a lesser QB at this point in time. I have never thought Dak vs Rodgers.....or Dak vs Brady....and thought we had the QB edge. When I think of next Monday night, I think about (an older) Brady not playing like Brady as our only shot. I don't expect Dak to outperform him. When you have a true frachise guy, you expect to win because he's your guy. We don't think of Dak in those same terms, if we're being honest with ourselves.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Listening/reading some of these posts is almost comical and I have to ask where you folks have been for 7 years? This is nothing new with Dak except this year he has a chance with the depleted QB's in the NFC. He's the exact same player he was last year.....and the year before that......and the year before that (minus the injury year) and so on. He's a decent QB and out played his 4th round draft status. But he's not a true franchise QB. He's a coach killer.
I'm not sure that's true though.

He was at least very careful with the football before and didn't turn the ball over this much. It's also not just the interceptions, its how many times he has been so inaccurate and the times where maybe he throws a safe completion but misses the guy somewhere else wide open for a bigger play. He is also nowhere near the runner he used to be (not totally surprising with the leg injury he had, but that was a big piece of his game before when plays broke down)

I don't believe he's the same player anymore. He's regressed.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Again, he's in the same class as Carr and Cousins : guys who can win, put up some big numbers but just don't have "it." Every year you're not searching for the next Herbert, Allen or Burrow is a year wasted.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's true though.

He was at least very careful with the football before and didn't turn the ball over this much. It's also not just the interceptions, its how many times he has been so inaccurate and the times where maybe he throws a safe completion but misses the guy somewhere else wide open for a bigger play. He is also nowhere near the runner he used to be (not totally surprising with the leg injury he had, but that was a big piece of his game before when plays broke down)

I don't believe he's the same player anymore. He's regressed.

It's very true. He was only "careful" with the football because he's a dink and dunk passer. Most of his passes are low risk attempts. Oh I know...I know....I've seen the shit about tight windrow throws and what not. But I have eyes and I know better.

He's the same average QB he's always been. He'll give you some really good games and then he'll give you some stinkers. He can't carry the team with any real consistency to rattle off a playoff streak. Our only hope is that the QB's in the playoffs play worse than Dak.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Again, he's in the same class as Carr and Cousins : guys who can win, put up some big numbers but just don't have "it." Every year you're not searching for the next Herbert, Allen or Burrow is a year wasted.

This has been the case for years. I always said I'd draft a QB almost every year or every other year. I was hpoping Dak would get traded rather than be given the contract we gave him. In the end, Dak wanting a shorter contract may have helped the team and hurt him in the long run.

We'll definately have some pain when Dak leaves the team. The only other option is to trade some guys like Digs or Micah for multiple picks, including 1st rounders. And hopoe we pick high enought to grab a highly touted QB coming out of college. Might he bust? Absolutely. But we're not going anywhere the way things look now anyway.

Top Bottom