Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Can Dak get a new deal done. I believe he can if the terms are right for both sides. That means the guaranteed money at signing is what is holding things up.
That's not the holdup and hasn't been. The length of the contract is and has been the holdup. And there's never been any doubt Dak would get a new contract.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
View attachment 6585

All these guys have skins on the fucking wall. All have won conference championship games. 4 of them have SB rings. Our guy ain't done shit. So much for the NFL being a "meritocracy."

I actually think Prescott is a better player than Goff or Wentz.

He is clearly not in the others on that list class as a passer and doesn't have super bowls.

Again, in 12 months whatever contract Prescott gets today will be lapped by several others.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I actually think Prescott is a better player than Goff or Wentz.

He is clearly not in the others on that list class as a passer and doesn't have super bowls.

Again, in 12 months whatever contract Prescott gets today will be lapped by several others.
Maybe Goff but not Wentz.
Imagine Dak in Philly last year with that array of weaponry...think he takes the division? I think not.
And I could give a crap if in 12 months his contract is 5th or 6th highest the money still is what it is against our cap and certainly not a rational reason to give him that kind of money

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Imagine Dak in Philly last year with that array of weaponry...think he takes the division? I think not.
And I could give a crap if in 12 months his contract is 5th or 6th highest the money still is what it is against our cap and certainly not a rational reason to give him that kind of money

If you stack their numbers against each other they are actually very similar. If anything Dak is a little better. Dak has without a doubt been better than Wentz in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wentz can’t make it to the playoffs

He gets injured either at the end of the season or just minutes into his first playoff game

He’s never finished a complete season in his entire career due to his vagina getting hurt each season

Daillest88

Spectator
Reaction score
Dak has gotten better every year. We haven’t seen the best of him. He has a higher ceiling than wentz. Dak stays healthy. Wentz won’t last much longer in this league. Sucks but the guy is brittle and plays stupid

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If you stack their numbers against each other they are actually very similar. If anything Dak is a little better. Dak has without a doubt been better than Wentz in the playoffs.

Numbers don't interest me all that much as they can awfully misleading and can be manipulated to fit pretty much any argument
1-2 vs. 0-1 not sure that says much about either QB in the playoffs plus lets be honest Wentz went in with that team last year that was a mash unit while Dak was pretty much all systems go the year he was in the playoffs
And I know this is an if but Wentz was heading for league MVP when he blew his ACL so pretty sure he would have made a decent run in the playoffs had he stayed healthy
My contention has always been that I'm ok with Dak as our franchise QB but not at the price that seems to be coming
And I am so over the next guy up argument
As Dooms has said about skins on the wall, why can't the FO then stick that in his face for why they won't pay him $35M/yr if his lame argument is I'm the next guy up!!!
Him getting this kind of scratch just doesn't bode well for us moving forward...he just isn't worth that kind of money for what he brings to the table

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And I know this is an if but Wentz was heading for league MVP when he blew his ACL so pretty sure he would have made a decent run in the playoffs had he stayed healthy
Didn't they go on to win the SB with Foles that year? Safe to say they would have done just as well had Wetz stayed upright.
Dak was pretty much all systems go the year he was in the playoffs
Last year as well. We didn't have any major injuries. We had a porous defense though. But that can be a product of lots of 3 and outs by the offense too. And we had those, lots more than in previous Dak years.

You're right about all of the above and also right overall. Our FO approached this totally wrong, way too friendly about it, because they like the kid. They forget it's a business far too often. When Dak turned down their offer last June, they should have made it a hardball negotiation after that, even if it meant the kid could possibly walk. But as I have pointed out before, our FO doesn't have the scroat to take that risk.

If I make a player a very generous offer after his third year and he doesn't take it? I know he is a hostile. I know it's business. And we play that way going forward. Not with my hat in my hand and checkbook out. Especially if his 4th year is an 8-8 dud.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Didn't they go on to win the SB with Foles that year? Safe to say they would have done just as well had Wetz stayed upright.

Last year as well. We didn't have any major injuries. We had a porous defense though. But that can be a product of lots of 3 and outs by the offense too. And we had those, lots more than in previous Dak years.

You're right about all of the above and also right overall. Our FO approached this totally wrong, way too friendly about it, because they like the kid. They forget it's a business far too often. When Dak turned down their offer last June, they should have made it a hardball negotiation after that, even if it meant the kid could possibly walk. But as I have pointed out before, our FO doesn't have the scroat to take that risk.

If I make a player a very generous offer after his third year and he doesn't take it? I know he is a hostile. I know it's business. And we play that way going forward. Not with my hat in my hand and checkbook out. Especially if his 4th year is an 8-8 dud.

Or you could say that the team was okaying so well it didn’t matter who the QB was, I mean they did win with their backup QB.

And at this point injuries are part of his game. It’s not if it happens, it’s when it’s going to happen. Then throw in the fact has has teammates that question his heart and abilities as a leader. My point is, Wentz isn’t that great based on sheer production.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Or you could say that the team was okaying so well it didn’t matter who the QB was, I mean they did win with their backup QB.

And at this point injuries are part of his game. It’s not if it happens, it’s when it’s going to happen. Then throw in the fact has has teammates that question his heart and abilities as a leader. My point is, Wentz isn’t that great based on sheer production.

I didn't disagree with nick. I instead bolstered his point.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dak has had everything in his favor except for being saddled w/ dumbass garrett

wentz has been very lucky w/ pederson, reich, & defilippo

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You grossly underestimate the value of quality coaching. We have been handcuffed with one of the 4 or 5 worst head coaches and staffs for years.

Philly has a coach that won a super bowl.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Numbers don't interest me all that much as they can awfully misleading and can be manipulated to fit pretty much any argument
1-2 vs. 0-1 not sure that says much about either QB in the playoffs plus lets be honest Wentz went in with that team last year that was a mash unit while Dak was pretty much all systems go the year he was in the playoffs
My contention has always been that I'm ok with Dak as our franchise QB but not at the price that seems to be coming
And I am so over the next guy up argument
As Dooms has said about skins on the wall, why can't the FO then stick that in his face for why they won't pay him $35M/yr if his lame argument is I'm the next guy up!!!
Him getting this kind of scratch just doesn't bode well for us moving forward...he just isn't worth that kind of money for what he brings to the table

Coaching matters.

Unless you are going to go full fucktard and try to tell us Prescott and the others on this team have really maxed out their skills because of Red Headed Goober and his Keystone Copys assistant group.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And you too shit the bed by ignoring how much coaching matters.
I've always known that and said that. It's really not relevant to the discussion of what Dak should be paid. Does explain how PHI won a soup bow with a backup QB, but we all already knew that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've always known that and said that. It's really not relevant to the discussion of what Dak should be paid. Does explain how PHI won a soup bow with a backup QB, but we all already knew that.

Sure it's relevant. At times he has played extremely well, even with a knuckleheaded coaching staff that was extremely weak around game planning and in-game adjustments. He'll now be playing for a HC and staff that has track record for getting the most out of QB's and the HC is on record saying he thinks Prescott can play at an extremely high level.

I don't like the idea of him being the top-paid guy at his position, unfortunately all of sports free agency works pretty much the same. Guys who shouldnt get market setting contracts do, but it's only temporary until the next guy/guys reset the market.

They clearly don't have any other legit alternatives (most teams don't, there's been a shortage of good QB's for a long time), they could potentially draft a guy early but there's no guarantee that guy will play well or pan out at all, and it's very likely the team would take a significant step backward the first year or so, perhaps longer. For the most part the roster is set up to win now, so rebuilding the QB spot completely would probably not be prudent.

Top Bottom