Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He now wants his last name pronounced "Press-cut." Like the Bush family does.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
This thread reminds me the Dallas Cowboys haven't drafted a good QB in a while.
Dakota needs to earn that 40 mil payday if he wants to get it.
Garbage time stats and almost won do nothing for me, or this franchise.
Maybe our new coach and QB whisperer can do something with him, IDK.
Yes, he had some dropped passes and yes the defense couldn't get off the field at crucial times.
Right now, I'm saying let him see just exactly who wants to give him a giant multi million guaranteed contract.
How many people remember we were looking at Nick Foles when Moore broke his leg?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m getting the feeling that the Cowboys might be willing to go in a different direction if Dak sticks to his $40 mil demand. They have a HC now that has worked with and developed (or helped develop) some pretty legendary QB’s. There are several really good QB’s coming out in the draft. The draft should tell us a lot what direction this team wants to go now. They could draft a QB at 17, because someone is going to fall to them. Hell it could be Tua that falls to 17. Franchised Dak would play for 1 year (for $33 mil) while Tua continues to heal. Or a guy like Jake Bromm could be there in the 2nd. Dak would then become a 1 year stop gap until the new QB is ready.

That’s what I would prefer to happen. What do you guys think? Any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you're seeing the light. Everyone thought Dak was going to get paid but even the Jones' know that Dak isn't worth Mahomes money. He's barely worth Russell Wilson money. The only people that over-valuate Dak are the fans. He's got garbage time stats and he can go elsewhere.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's got garbage time stats
Every QB does. Down by 3 scores in 8 of the 16 games and the defense plays way soft, it's how Romo broke the single-season Cowboys record that Dak almost tied. Both happened in 8-8 seasons too. Romo was a God though, with same results.

My idea from earlier is the way the Jonses should go. Let him test the open market first.

Shit, Brees is gonna be available. Make HIM the 40 mil/year offer for a four season deal. Then when Dak doesn't get any offers, sign him for 22 and let him back up Drew for a coupla years.

If somebody signs Dak? They owe us two 1st round draft picks!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every QB does. Down by 3 scores in 8 of the 16 games and the defense plays way soft, it's how Romo broke the single-season Cowboys record that Dak almost tied. Both happened in 8-8 seasons too. Romo was a God though, with same results.

My idea from earlier is the way the Jonses should go. Let him test the open market first.

Shit, Brees is gonna be available. Make HIM the 40 mil/year offer for a four season deal. Then when Dak doesn't get any offers, sign him for 22 and let him back up Drew for a coupla years.

I agree with letting him test the market for 2 first rounders. I don't ever recall watching a game like the one Dak plays with so many 3 and outs and then passing when we fall behind and having to abandon the run. It's this dude's calling card.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't ever recall watching a game like the one Dak plays with so many 3 and outs and then passing when we fall behind and having to abandon the run. It's this dude's calling card.
You must have missed the entire 2012 season. Exact duplicate with the exception of the 5-int games and all the pick sixes.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must have missed the entire 2012 season. Exact duplicate with the exception of the 5-int games and all the pick sixes.

I must have I guess. But whatever. I'd like to see Dak get tagged for a year and see what happens but who knows?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I must have I guess. But whatever.
The parallel is staggering. Almost like both guys had a horrible coach or something.

romo2012.jpg
dak2019.jpg

Of course, when Romo had this garbage-stats year he was hailed as a God who "carried the team." Such fucking nonsense. It ain't "carrying" when you throw 5 picks vs Chicago, two of those returned to the house. It ain't "carrying" when you have the exact same garbage stats we saw in 2019.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

No one is going to give them two 1sts for Dak. That is likely where the negotiations would start but not where they’ll end up. A 1st and a 2nd maybe? I’d guess more like a 1st and 3rd though. Personally I’d take that but I’m wondering if they would franchise him, let him play out the year as a stop gap while the new guy (drafted) prepares to take over. They would have to let Dak just walk after next season though with no compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No one is going to give them two 1sts for Dak. That is likely where the negotiations would start but not where they’ll end up. A 1st and a 2nd maybe? I’d guess more like a 1st and 3rd though. Personally I’d take that but I’m wondering if they would franchise him, let him play out the year as a stop gap while the new guy (drafted) prepares to take over. They would have to let Dak just walk after next season though with no compensation.

Why not go after Brady? The Jones' seem to be all in on the next 2-3 seasons, so why not offer him what they offered Dak and bring him to town?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No one is going to give them two 1sts for Dak. That is likely where the negotiations would start but not where they’ll end up. A 1st and a 2nd maybe?
If they sign Dak away they HAVE to give us two 1st round picks. Period. (non-exclusive tag at about $26 million lets him test the REAL market)

That's the basis of my whole strategy I laid out in an earlier post you must have missed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If Brees would leave New Orleans I agree. It doesn't sound like he ever will, unlike Brady who looks like he might actually leave.
Can Brady operate at all, outside the Belechick system protective bubble? I ain't for paying him 40 mil a year to find that out. Let some idiot who idol worships him do that.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Can Brady operate at all, outside the Belechick system protective bubble? I ain't for paying him 40 mil a year to find that out. Let some idiot who idol worships him do that.

I don't know if he can. I'm willing to find out, because even if it doesn't work, then we can reset at the QB position.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm willing to find out
Me too. To watch some idiot pay for it.
even if it doesn't work, then we can reset at the QB position.
You don't have the money to do what you're thinking. Brady is gonna come expensive, cap-killing money. Added to if you want to keep Dak at all and have any chance at all of getting anything for him, you non-exclusive tag him and pay HIM 26 mil for next season. Barring a total collapse of something like 3-13, you're not gonna have a good chance to draft a good QB in 2021.

You would have the exact same problem signing Brees, but your chances of hoisting the Lombardi with Brees at the helm of this offense is much greater than totally immobile and now noodle-armed Brady.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You don't have the money to do what you're thinking. Brady is gonna come expensive, cap-killing money. Added to if you want to keep Dak at all and have any chance at all of getting anything for him, you non-exclusive tag him and pay HIM 26 mil for next season. Barring a total collapse of something like 3-13, you're not gonna have a good chance to draft a good QB in 2021.

You would have the exact same problem signing Brees, but your chances of hoisting the Lombardi with Brees at the helm of this offense is much greater than totally immobile and now noodle-armed Brady.

I say let Dak walk and see if he can get what he wants on the open market. See what Brady wants. I heard word that Brady wants something like 2 years 30 mil a year.

Dak wouldn't take the Jones' 33 mil a year offer. If the Jones' are smart they'll Dak's people "Look, we've got someone who will take what we offered you. If you wanna see if Vegas or Tampa Bay will pay you what you want, then go right ahead, but we ain't waiting."

Top Bottom