Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So what's Jerry going to do during SB week to make news? I don't think he can help himself and he needs to be a story and center of attention.

Might Dak get signed this week?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So what's Jerry going to do during SB week to make news? I don't think he can help himself and he needs to be a story and center of attention.

Might Dak get signed this week?

I'm hoping a video comes out of him being pissed by hookers while he yells a never ending string of racial epitaphs covering all genders, colors, persuasions, etc

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm hoping a video comes out of him being pissed on by hookers while he yells a never ending string of racial epitaphs covering all genders, colors, persuasions, etc

Damn it!! did it again, fixed my post

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i saw a report on my phone earlier saying that dak would not show up or commit to the off season program if he were franchise tagged

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
gettyimages-1196563929-e1580470950854.jpg

Getty Images

The dance continues between the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott, and the music could soon take an ominous turn.

With Prescott having completed his rookie deal and with the Cowboys facing the question of whether to sign him to a new contract or to apply the franchise tag, Prescott declined to commit that he’ll show up for offseason workouts if the team chooses to tag him.

“We’ll get to that when we get to that,” Prescott said during an appearance in Miami, via the Dallas Morning News. “I look forward to talking to my agents and when that [tag] comes to play, the direction that we’ll go. Until that’s a reality, I won’t worry about it.”

But it’s clear that he’s planning to stay away if the team applies the tag. Asked whether he plans to spend much time in Dallas in the coming weeks and months, Prescott said no.

“Report that,” Prescott added. “Be sure to report that.”

Prescott admitted that he’s “a little disappointed” a deal hasn’t been done, but he can’t be disappointed by the leverage he now has. If they don’t sign him before applying the tag, he can stay away from the offseason program, the mandatory minicamp, training camp, and the preseason while still showing up and getting every penny of his franchise tender. Good luck getting a team ready for Week One without a starting quarterback.

Also looming over this delicate situation is the question of which tender the Cowboys would apply. If they opt for the non-exclusive tag (at about $26 million), another team could try to sign Prescott, in exchange for two first-round picks. To keep that from happening, the Cowboys would have to use the exclusive tag, which currently would cost $33.4 million. Either number would become the starting point for a long-term deal.

As previously explained, the best play for the Cowboys would be to sign Prescott to a long-term deal before the tag deadline, with an average value in the range of $31 million. If that doesn’t happen, things could get very interesting for Prescott and the Cowboys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If they opt for the non-exclusive tag (at about $26 million), another team could try to sign Prescott, in exchange for two first-round picks
^^^This

Try the real market and see what real, actual interest in him is. If someone wants to give him a massive contract and us two first round picks, what's the problem?

Thing is, it wouldn't happen because this draft is QB rich and the teams needing a QB are in position to draft one - and pay HIM on a rookie deal not 33 million a year to Dak.

So.... When no one shows interest, you bargain with Dak based on that. NOT on the fake "market." You lock the fucker up for 4 years, 23 mil a year and still can stock the rest of the fucking roster.

There's nothing hard about this, unless you're Jerry and are just enamored with Dak. Fall in love with players, way overpay them. That's Jerry.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
^^^This

Try the real market and see what real, actual interest in him is. If someone wants to give him a massive contract and us two first round picks, what's the problem?

Thing is, it wouldn't happen because this draft is QB rich and the teams needing a QB are in position to draft one - and pay HIM on a rookie deal not 33 million a year to Dak.

So.... When no one shows interest, you bargain with Dak based on that. NOT on the fake "market." You lock the fucker up for 4 years, 23 mil a year and still can stock the rest of the fucking roster.

There's nothing hard about this, unless you're Jerry and are just enamored with Dak. Fall in love with players, way overpay them. That's Jerry.

They're going to cave in and pay him a ridiculous amount of money. The Cowboys are bidding against themselves.

His problem is he knows damn well no team is going to give up two first round picks and give him a huge deal. No one. And like you said, teams like the Bengals, Chargers and Dolphins are in line to take a QB if they want one in the draft.

I just wish Jerry would think for a minute. If Jerry is considering paying Dak top dollar, why not Transition tag him? That would allow teams to give him offers without giving up any picks. The Cowboys would still have the option to match. What teams will be offering him a huge contract? That's testing the market in its purest form with the option to match.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
gettyimages-1196563929-e1580470950854.jpg

Getty Images

The dance continues between the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott, and the music could soon take an ominous turn.

With Prescott having completed his rookie deal and with the Cowboys facing the question of whether to sign him to a new contract or to apply the franchise tag, Prescott declined to commit that he’ll show up for offseason workouts if the team chooses to tag him.

“We’ll get to that when we get to that,” Prescott said during an appearance in Miami, via the Dallas Morning News. “I look forward to talking to my agents and when that [tag] comes to play, the direction that we’ll go. Until that’s a reality, I won’t worry about it.”

But it’s clear that he’s planning to stay away if the team applies the tag. Asked whether he plans to spend much time in Dallas in the coming weeks and months, Prescott said no.

“Report that,” Prescott added. “Be sure to report that.”

Prescott admitted that he’s “a little disappointed” a deal hasn’t been done, but he can’t be disappointed by the leverage he now has. If they don’t sign him before applying the tag, he can stay away from the offseason program, the mandatory minicamp, training camp, and the preseason while still showing up and getting every penny of his franchise tender. Good luck getting a team ready for Week One without a starting quarterback.

Also looming over this delicate situation is the question of which tender the Cowboys would apply. If they opt for the non-exclusive tag (at about $26 million), another team could try to sign Prescott, in exchange for two first-round picks. To keep that from happening, the Cowboys would have to use the exclusive tag, which currently would cost $33.4 million. Either number would become the starting point for a long-term deal.

As previously explained, the best play for the Cowboys would be to sign Prescott to a long-term deal before the tag deadline, with an average value in the range of $31 million. If that doesn’t happen, things could get very interesting for Prescott and the Cowboys.
Fuck you then and good luck...asshole!!!!
If you could carry Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Brady's jock straps I'd consider offering you some money but when you need this team to surround you with primo talent to succeed then fuck off and good luck.
Do the non-exclusive tag then...no team is going to give 2 1rst round picks let alone 1 for him.
Fuck this guys making me mad now...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
^^^This

Fucken DING, DING, MOTHERFUCKEN DING....what has Dooms won Alex?!!!
if Dak hits the open market he is going to be unpleasantly surprised at how little teams value his skills (except for our demented FO who fall all over themselves kissing his ass).
And I'm with you...if someone is willing to give us 2 1rst picks for him I'd then start wheeling and dealing to go get Herbert or 1 of the QBs coming out this year.
This is spot on and hearing him talk this week makes me want to fucken vomit. Shitbag!!

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Fuck you then and good luck...asshole!!!!
If you could carry Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Brady's jock straps I'd consider offering you some money but when you need this team to surround you with primo talent to succeed then fuck off and good luck.
Do the non-exclusive tag then...no team is going to give 2 1rst round picks let alone 1 for him.
Fuck this guys making me mad now...

If the Jones' cave and give Dak 40 mil a year, can you imagine what Mahomes is worth?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I’m getting the feeling that the Cowboys might be willing to go in a different direction if Dak sticks to his $40 mil demand. They have a HC now that has worked with and developed (or helped develop) some pretty legendary QB’s. There are several really good QB’s coming out in the draft. The draft should tell us a lot what direction this team wants to go now. They could draft a QB at 17, because someone is going to fall to them. Hell it could be Tua that falls to 17. Franchised Dak would play for 1 year (for $33 mil) while Tua continues to heal. Or a guy like Jake Bromm could be there in the 2nd. Dak would then become a 1 year stop gap until the new QB is ready.

That’s what I would prefer to happen. What do you guys think? Any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom