yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dak took a gamble and lost IMO. We had a pretty generous offer on the table and HE decided to table that and play out his contract year. When you lose a gamble there's gotta be consequences. That and with a new HC coming in - does that new guy even want Dak? How much are we willing to saddle a new guy with, on top of all the baggage Jerruh as GM brings? The baggage of the whole front office essentially being either Jonses or Jones buddies? The baggage of assistants you like and want to keep just because. The baggage of what I see is a possibly ruined QB now. To me if you're gonna let Garrett walk you need to go whole hog and let the whole fucking thing walk from the HC all the way down to the water boys and girls, and some of the players too. The check collectors simply gotta go. It needs to be what the new HC wants, not people we as a company love and would feel bad about losing or not paying.

Jerry will have none of your nonsensical suggestions

Further:

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
name a GM other than Jerry Jones.
fire entire coaching staff. all of them.
let new GM/HC decide if we franchise Dak.

i would say franchise him. with the idea of letting him go if he doesn’t perform next year.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
They won't move on from Dak because Jerry's goal is to make money. He doesn't think he can sustain a year where a rookie QB gets broken in. And that's tough anyway knowing that he may never pan out. We've taken the easy way out with regards to a franchise QB. We let "luck" blind us to the fact that you need good coaching an eye for talent. We have neither.

The Cowboys always prefer the devil you know to the angel you might know. It is stupid.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry will force a few of them on the new coach

Almost a 100% lock none of these current assistants are here next year. Take it to the bank.

I really think the new hire will get close to the same level of control Parcells got and Jimmy had, especially when it comes to the staff and who does/does not play on game days. It's been laughably bad under Garrett so it will be something virtually every coach worth something will insist on.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Almost a 100% lock none of these current assistants are here next year. Take it to the bank.

I really think the new hire will get close to the same level of control Parcells got and Jimmy had, especially when it comes to the staff and who does/does not play on game days. It's been laughably bad under Garrett so it will be something virtually every coach worth something will insist on.

lol, you just cant seem to control your inner homer, no matter how much dumb shit you've seen over the last 25 years, you still entertain fantasies that jeri gives two shits about anything you want him to

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lol, you just cant seem to control your inner homer, no matter how much dumb shit you've seen over the last 25 years, you still entertain fantasies that jeri gives two shits about anything you want him to

Hey forget about what I want, it's what a new coach with any balls will want.

And they'll get it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hey forget about what I want, it's what a new coach with any balls will want.

And they'll get it.

No fucking way dude, just watch.

Job description #1 for the Dallas Cowboys: Check your balls at the door

#2: coach with one hand tied behind your back

#3 do not steal limelight from jeri

#4 do not make jeri uncomfortable

The coach that will be hired will be so happy to get the job (and/or inexperienced) he'll be desperate enough to cater to all of jeri's absurd demands

I predict a pliable fella in the mold of Wade/Campo/Switzer/Gailey/Garrett that is soft spoken, deemed to be a "players coach" with an extreme willingness to pay homage to all Jerry has constructed to the point of being in awe of jeri & spawn which will just help jeri maintain maximum leverage in contract negotiations and at all times going forward.

No way in hell you'll see a coach like Parcells & Jimmy as long as jeri is alive (there is a possibility someone like this gets interested but then walks when he sees the absurd contract demands Jerry requires)

bookmark this post and feel free to shove it up my arse if the above is wrong

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We shall see yammer, we shall see.

yes we will, I love you bro but buckle up for major disappointment

It may not be readily apparent on day 1 as the honeymoon phase will mask the fact nothing has substantially changed but in time you'll be calling for the new guys head as vehemently as you are Garretts.

I'll give you that we probably won't be complaining about clapping or clock management issues but it'll be something and that something will put fans in a fit of rage calling for his ouster in no time

book it!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It may not be readily apparent on day 1 as the honeymoon phase will mask the fact nothing has substantially changed but in time you'll be calling for the new guys head as vehemently as you are Garretts.

I'll give you that we probably won't be complaining about clapping or clock management issues but it'll be something and that something will put fans in a fit of rage calling for his ouster in no time

book it!

It'll give us something to talk about in the off-season. Someone has to come in and piss all over the carpets and in every corner of the locker room to mark his territory like the Alpha dog I'm hoping for. Maybe there will be some guys we haven't heard of but they have to have skins on the wall and they have to have had success.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don’t see any coach having the type of control Jimmy had as long as Jeruh is still breathing

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think Mike Fisher was right when he said that this search will be broad and wide.

Is Urban Meyer a guy who wants complete control of the organization from top to bottom like a Parcells/Jimmy or he is another version of Barry where is philosophy is "hey I get to coach the Cowboys that is cool"?

Are Lincoln Riley and Matt Rhule guys that are okay with the organizational structure of the Cowboys?

Then you get guys like Ron Rivera and Mike McCarthy who are accomplished HCs. They are going to get offers from other places, so the question becomes is the Cowboys job the most attractive?

After that you have someone like Greg Roman (the Ravens OC) who should near the top of the list, but he has zero ties to the Cowboys.

Then ya get guys like Dan Campbell and Ken Norton who maybe aren't the most qualified, but have former Cowboy ties and both would take the job no questions asked.

I can totally see Jerry making a big time hire and Urban being the next HC of the Cowboys, causing a marketing campaign of "We are now contenders". I can also totally see Dan Campbell being hired and then the marketing being "He is a tough guy and hey Bill Parcells and Sean Payton like him, so he is the opposite of Garrett." I imagine that within the next 10 days we'll have an idea of where the search is gonna go.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think Mike Fisher was right when he said that this search will be broad and wide.

Is Urban Meyer a guy who wants complete control of the organization from top to bottom like a Parcells/Jimmy or he is another version of Barry where is philosophy is "hey I get to coach the Cowboys that is cool"?

Are Lincoln Riley and Matt Rhule guys that are okay with the organizational structure of the Cowboys?

Then you get guys like Ron Rivera and Mike McCarthy who are accomplished HCs. They are going to get offers from other places, so the question becomes is the Cowboys job the most attractive?

After that you have someone like Greg Roman (the Ravens OC) who should near the top of the list, but he has zero ties to the Cowboys.

Then ya get guys like Dan Campbell and Ken Norton who maybe aren't the most qualified, but have former Cowboy ties and both would take the job no questions asked.

I can totally see Jerry making a big time hire and Urban being the next HC of the Cowboys, causing a marketing campaign of "We are now contenders". I can also totally see Dan Campbell being hired and then the marketing being "He is a tough guy and hey Bill Parcells and Sean Payton like him, so he is the opposite of Garrett." I imagine that within the next 10 days we'll have an idea of where the search is gonna go.

You'd almost have to think Greg Roman might be a guy Jerry would be interested in. I've seen some interviews and it seems like he knows he's being looked at for a HC job. He's implemented an offense specifically designed for Lamar Jackson and that would intrigue Jerry to think what he could design for Dak. That's got to be decision #1 for Jerry in terms of what to do with Dak and Roman has the success with Jackson that would be a huge factor with Dak on the roster. Of course, Lamar Jackson may be a generational talent and you're just not going to duplicate that with Dak.

In any event, Roman looks like he drinks a lot of beer and likes to eat. Two things that make him the front runner in my book. And he's a Jersey guy to boot but without the Parcells attitude. He probably wouldn't want full control because the Ravens don't operate that way. And he'd owe it all to Jerry so I could see him quickly becoming a yes man.

And last thing....Roman has worked his way up the coaching food chain from unpaid assistant to college assistant to NFL assistant, etc. The Harbaugh's must love him because he's work for both brothers in college and the NFL and I think that says a little something. Of course, he'll be in high demand but the Dallas job would have to be intriguing for any good offensive minded coach because of Zeke, the OL and Cooper Rush....err...I mean Dak.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

book it!

I'm glad someone else sees it. I thought I was the only one.

Listen you assholes, I haven't been able to truly homer out in years. The second the Clapper is gone, I am going 100% full out homer.

Can you fools just let me have this one fucking moment?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Listen you assholes, I haven't been able to truly homer out in years. The second the Clapper is gone, I am going 100% full out homer.

Can you fools just let me have this one fucking moment?

sure thing bro, I'll even join you for a minute

Top Bottom