BGeezy

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi Guys. As an outside observer of one of your div rivals, and therefore, not a Dak homer nor a hater, I will give my impartial opinion on your QB.

Dak was very, very, very lucky to be drafted by a team that has had one of the , if not the best OLs in the NFL these past 4yrs & a top 3 RB as well. Had he been drafted by the Browns in 2016', I really think he'd be outta football by now due them having an atrocious overall team.

Dak is a game manager due to the fact that w/o Zeke having a great game to keep the D honest, he cannot win games with his arm when the D stifles Zeke. Zeke got stuffed by the Rams last yr in the div rd, Dak could not put the team on his back & pull it out. Against NO on Sunday, same thing, Zeke got stuffed & Dak could not put the team on his back & beat a team playing w/o it's HOF QB, whom if he had played, your team probably gets romped.

Dak's W-L record & passing stats these past few yrs look pretty, but what have you won since 16'? If he had led the team to at least the NFCCG in 16' & last yr, I could see the argument for giving him the long term big $4 contract, but winning a WC game here & there is not what you pay a QB $40 mil a yr to do. Yeah, he has 32 wins, 2nd to TBs 35, but Brady also has 3 straight SB app while Dak has been home watching TB play in the big game the past 3 yrs. So plz, do not compare Dak to TB in any way shape or form. TB wins the big games by putting the team on his back when the run game is stale, I have yet to see Dak do that.

This season, he has put up great passing stats vs the likes of my Pygmies, the Skins & the fish, who at the end of week 3 were the 30th-31st & 32nd worst teams in the NFL. Not something I'd really be bragging about. Since we finally benched our statue at QB in week 3 with our #1 draft pick, we have been a different team & playing better football & I think when we play you again in Nov, you will see a very different Pygmies team than you did in the opener. Not saying we'll win, but it won't be as Dak was caught on the sidelines saying to his WRs, "was it easier than vs Philly'? Pygmies will make you earn the next win against us.

As far as your record of 3-1, I think your team is a paper tiger & it was proven when you finally had to play a good team such as the Saints & they beat you with a mediocre backup QB. That was a game that your team shoulda ran away with as a potential SB contender should do when playing a team's backup QB. If you had trouble beating a good team playing their backup QB, how will you do when playing a good team with their starting QB such as you will be doing this Sunday vs GB?

My team is in rebuilding mode so I expect us to maybe improve now that we have DJ at QB & hopefully can go 7-9 & with a good draft in 2020, start being a playoff contender next yr & a SB contender in 21". You guys on the other hand, have a team that's supposed to be a legit SB contender this yr as I really only see NO/GB & possibly Philly as your 3 main threats to the SB.

As for Dak, I'd let him play out the rest of his contract & prove that he has the ability to put this team on it's back & win games when Zeke is shut down. Way too many QBs in this league that have won jack shit are paid top $$ & I think it's BS. Used to be a time where you at least had to win a damn SB before you could command top $$.

Now you have guys like Jimmy G, Cousins, Dalton, Stafford, Wentz & a few others making $25 mil a yr & have like a combined 2 playoff wins amongst them. Even Goff is overpaid imo, he did jack shit vs NE D in the SB last yr.

Stafford is 68-76 and 0-3 in the playoffs, all 3 losses in the WC game, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Cousins is 36-39 and 0-2 in the playoffs, both losses in the WC game, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Jimmy G is 11-2 and 0 playoff wins, but rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??
Dalton A is 68-54 and 0-4 in the playoffs, all 4 losses in the WC game but rates $25 mil based on that resume??
Wentz is 25-19 and 0 playoff wins, but he rates $25 mil a yr based on that resume??

So that's 5 QBs that are making $25 mil+ per yr that have a combined 0-9 playoff record with all the losses coming in the WC rd & yet are amongst the highest paid QBs in the game. This is total BS.

Dak is 35-17 thru 52 starts & has led the team to the playoffs 2x in the past 3 yrs with 2 div titles but is just 1-2 in the playoffs & not advancing past the div rd where he is 0-2. Sorry, that doesn't rate $30-$40 mil a yr in my book, $25 mil per yr max is what I'd offer him if he again fails to lead Dallas past the div rd again this yr.

Hell, Danny White had a career 62-30 record as your starter & led the team to 3 straight NFCCGs from 79'-81' & was 6-5 in the playoffs, way better W-L record & playoff record than Dak has put up. If Dak had done this the past 3 yrs, yeah, he'd be worth paying $35 mil a yr.

Bottom line, imo, Dak is not worth what he & his agent are asking, but as a Pygmies fan, I hope Skeletor is dumb enough to give it to him & he ties you down in being able to sign other key players due to how much $$ Dak is taking up. I also woulda told Zeke to sit out the season, but I guess Skeletor wants 1 more SB before he kicks the bucket & is desperate. See you guys in Nov!
We had a top flight O line 1 season. Bad WR corps for the first 2 1/2 seasons including TEs. Has one of the worst average starting field positions since he's been in the NFL due to a defense that does not get turnovers or 3 and outs on a consistent basis along with poor Special teams play.

Dak is a winner and does not put this team in bad spots. Other teams get to rely on turnovers and special teams play to get scoring. Not dak he has to drive 80 yards down the field every single time he puts together a scoring drive. I bet in 4 years he has had less than a handful of scoring td drives where the team had to go less than 40 yards. Other teams have multiple in one game.

If you think Dak doesn't deserve the $$ when he has been already been paid $19.1 million less than Wince and $19.6 million less than Goff. You are crazy especially when there is literally ZERO help from the defense or special teams.

PS you wish Danny Dog Crap looked half as good as Dak did his rookie year

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We had a top flight O line 1 season. Bad WR corps for the first 2 1/2 seasons including TEs. Has one of the worst average starting field positions since he's been in the NFL due to a defense that does not get turnovers or 3 and outs on a consistent basis along with poor Special teams play.

Dak is a winner and does not put this team in bad spots. Other teams get to rely on turnovers and special teams play to get scoring. Not dak he has to drive 80 yards down the field every single time he puts together a scoring drive. I bet in 4 years he has had less than a handful of scoring td drives where the team had to go less than 40 yards. Other teams have multiple in one game.

If you think Dak doesn't deserve the $$ when he has been already been paid $19.1 million less than Wince and $19.6 million less than Goff. You are crazy especially when there is literally ZERO help from the defense or special teams.

i feel like this is an underrated point. i dont know the stats behind it, but the cowboys do not seem to ever have great field position. and dak does take the blame for everything, his fault or not. he is a a great leader.

i bet you that the patriots are annually in the top of the league in average starting field position. special teams is extremely important. they value players like brandon bolden and matthew slater, who have been staples on the roster even though they provide next to nothing on offense.

the combination of a severe lack of turnovers, poor starting field position, and drive killing penalties is hard to overcome.

BGeezy

Spectator
Reaction score
i feel like this is an underrated point. i dont know the stats behind it, but the cowboys do not seem to ever have great field position. and dak does take the blame for everything, his fault or not. he is a a great leader.

i bet you that the patriots are annually in the top of the league in average starting field position. special teams is extremely important. they value players like brandon bolden and matthew slater, who have been staples on the roster even though they provide next to nothing on offense.

the combination of a severe lack of turnovers, poor starting field position, and drive killing penalties is hard to overcome.
I know in 2019 we are 32nd in the league in starting field position.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But... We lead the league every year in the all-important "moral victories" stat! Buck up people!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Welcome to the board my man.

In 2018, the D help our opponents to 20 points and under in 9 games. We went 6 and 3 in those games. One of those wins was the 13 to 10 win against New Orleans. Dallas also had a top 5 D in 2018.

In 2017, the D held opponents to 20 points and under in 8 games and we went 8 and 0 in those games. This includes the Eagles end of the season game where we won 6 to 0 playing their backups.

Let's not make it sound like Dak never had a D or the D hasn't played well for Dak. The D has played well, overall, during Dak's tenure as starting QB and he's benefited from it.

So the statement that Dak gets zero help from the D is absurd, to be honest. But Hennessy does make folks say some strange shit.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

All the 3 and outs from our offense doesn't help the cause. This gives our opponent decent field position. I'm sure there are a few factors that come into play when it comes to average starting field position. I agree the D needs to get turnovers but we also can't disappear on offense for long stretches and then try to pass our way back in.

Last edited:

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score

I personally don't think either of those 2 QBs should be getting paid what they are. Nether one will ever be a HOFer imo. As for Dak, no, he rates in the mid $20-$25 mil per yr imo. No more, no less. As I've stated before, he cannot win games for your team with his arm when your run game is ineffective. In games where Zeke has rushed for less than 75yds, he is 1-8. being up 31-3, GB D played soft the rest of the way & let Dak build up those 2nd half stats. Can't really compare our 2 teams in Dak's & DJs rookie seasons. Yours was built to win the SB that yr, ours is in rebuilding mode.

BGeezy

Spectator
Reaction score
Welcome to the board my man.

In 2018, the D help our opponents to 20 points and under in 9 games. We went 6 and 3 in those games. One of those wins was the 13 to 10 win against New Orleans. Dallas also had a top 5 D in 2018.

In 2017, the D held opponents to 20 points and under in 8 games and we went 8 and 0 in those games. This includes the Eagles end of the season game where we won 6 to 0 playing their backups.

Let's not make it sound like Dak never had a D or the D hasn't played well for Dak. The D has played well, overall, during Dak's tenure as starting QB and he's benefited from it.

So the statement that Dak gets zero help from the D is absurd, to be honest. But Hennessy does make folks say some strange shit.

The defense has been toward the bottom of the league in turnovers and sack %. There is more to defense than total yards. Including holding calls drawn and penalty yards.

We are toward the top of the league this year in giving first downs with penalties. And bottom of the league in holding calls drawn. If you look at points per drive and yards per drive this defense is in the middle of the pack.

The reason why they would look any good is because the offense would have consistent long drives. A good defense doesnt have to rely on the offense to he good lol. Especially because the offense has been good at not turning the ball over.

Like I said dak has had to deal with the worst starting field position in football for years. And still was able to produce. To expect consistent 80 yard drives is asking a lot especially when we get called for a few holds a game

And thank you for the welcome

BGeezy

Spectator
Reaction score
I personally don't think either of those 2 QBs should be getting paid what they are. Nether one will ever be a HOFer imo. As for Dak, no, he rates in the mid $20-$25 mil per yr imo. No more, no less. As I've stated before, he cannot win games for your team with his arm when your run game is ineffective. In games where Zeke has rushed for less than 75yds, he is 1-8. being up 31-3, GB D played soft the rest of the way & let Dak build up those 2nd half stats. Can't really compare our 2 teams in Dak's & DJs rookie seasons. Yours was built to win the SB that yr, ours is in rebuilding mode.
Built to win a SB? the defense constantly gives up 30 points in the playoffs. You are living in old times you think dak should be getting paid like foles?

Of course when we dont run the ball we lose we built our team around running the ball. We have the most expensive o line in the league with the most expensive running back. We have a very cheap wr corp including TEs. Just look at who dak has had to throw to since hes been the QB. No QB would have success with those groups.

I knew dak would ball when he carried a miss st team to a #1ranking with who on the team? I think maybe an o lineman and a couple defensive guys made it to the league and thats it.

Like i said worry about Danny Dog ****

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hey G-men4ver

Was that you on Friday that called into WFAN and opined about Dak during Mike Francesa's show? (for those that don't know, Francesa is a NYG fan and hates the Cowboys...except when his buddy Parcells was coach) But even Francesa was confused about why a NYG fan spends time worrying about what Dallas does with their QB. The call was funny. Here is how it went:

caller: Hey Mike I hope Dallas signs Dak long term.
Mike: Okay. You a Dallas fan?
caller: No, I am a big Giants fan.
Mike: Then why do you care what Dallas does? Don't you have enough to worry about with the Giants?
caller: Well, the Cowboys are a big rival.
Mike: Dont you think it would be a little smarter to start worrying about where the Giants next W will come from?
Caller: (silent)
Mike: You want to worry about both teams? Here is something to worry about. The Cowboys are going to compete for the playoffs this year. The Giants have no shot. Worry about that and worry about the Giants actually winning a game. Stop worrying about what Dallas does next year with their QB.
caller: (silent)
mike: thanks for the call.

G-men4ver, was that you?

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
No, I have never called a sports show. I know a bunch of you are pretty salty this morn due to a winless team beating you & handing you a 3rd straight loss, but as I stated before, your QB is nothing but a game manager & does not rate a huge contract. Zeke had 100+, your D pretty much shutout NY in the 2nd half, allowing just a late FG & Dak still couldn't bring your team back from just 18 pt down in the 1st half, 3 scores in the 2nd half & you win this game. You can all keep defending Dak & saying this loss is not his fault & I do hope Jerry locks him up for a ton of $$ these next 5yrs cuz it will guarantee your team nothing but more heartache when all is said & done. As for our rookie QB? If he pans out,, he pans out, if not, back to the drawing board, as Robert Deniro's character in the Joker said, "that's life".

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do any of you watch Undisputed?
Is Skip Bayless just the most unobjective fanboy of 1 Dakota Prescott?
All he kept referring to after the Jets loss was his QBR (which is only what it is because of the scrubs we played weeks 1-3, would love to see what his QBR is for weeks 4-6).
And then pulled the expected warrior, battle back card and then proceeds to tell you that how can you expect Dak to win without 2 tackles, Cooper etc...
Fuck the 49ers were missing both their tackles...
This guy makes me want to hate the Cowboys...

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't re-sign him until Garrett's fate is decided. Lincoln Riley might not come to Dallas if he doesn't think Dak can run his offense.

Or he might want Jalen Hurts. If the Cowboys are drafting in the high 20’s and Hurts is there they might be tempted to draft him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Or he might want Jalen Hurts. If the Cowboys are drafting in the high 20’s and Hurts is there they might be tempted to draft him.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that Dak will get paid, and the new coach (assuming there is one) will just have to deal with it. It'll be interesting to see if the Redskins take the QB plunge again if Haskins doesn't show them anything down the stretch.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I've already resigned myself to the fact that Dak will get paid, and the new coach (assuming there is one) will just have to deal with it. It'll be interesting to see if the Redskins take the QB plunge again if Haskins doesn't show them anything down the stretch.

The rest of that coaching staff should be gone. I’d be surprised if they don’t draft another QB. They will have options that are better than Haskins. And if Haskins actually turns out to be a player they can trade one of them. Either way the new coach would have options.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

If Jalen Hurts can run his offense, Dak Prescott certainly can as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Prescott is going to get paid, there's no question about it at this point unless he has some sort of hugely catastrophic injury or some really, really bad off the field issue.

As for Washington, why would they take the QB plunge again next year? Haskins is there because of the owner, and the owner is still the same regardless of who the new coach is.

Top Bottom