• Mike Jenkins (25th, 2008)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mo Claiborne (6th, 2012)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Carpenter should be the answer, by a landslide.

Except that he was a Parcells pick. Bill had final say when he was here as did Jimmy. Every other coach has taken his cues from GM Jerry.

For me it's Carver. It was a reach, we traded up with a rival (who laughed at us) to get him, and it set the tone for these past 17 years where Jerry thinks he knows better than qualified football people.

Reaction score
Except that he was a Parcells pick. Bill had final say when he was here as did Jimmy. Every other coach has taken his cues from GM Jerry.

For me it's Carver. It was a reach, we traded up with a rival (who laughed at us) to get him, and it set the tone for these past 17 years wherw Jerry thinks he knows better than qualified football people.

I recall Charles Haley basically calling Carver a waste on the first day of camp that season.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

For me it's Carver. It was a reach, we traded up with a rival (who laughed at us) to get him, and it set the tone for these past 17 years wherw Jerry thinks he knows better than qualified football people.

Who did we trade with? Green Bay?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He wasnt a reach. We've been trhough this before CMD. Every draft guru and draft guy had Carver rated a 1st or 2nd rd pick that year.

Trading up the few spots to get him is probably fair to criticize, but he was a 4yr starter at a major college that had double digit sack totals all 4 years. He was a good player coming out of ASU

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They were not as bad as Bennett. How many interceptions and stalled drives did he cause? Something bad always happened when they forced him the ball. Plus he was a ****** with the work ethic of a dead person and the maturity of a 6 year old.

Awful pick

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I recall Charles Haley basically calling Carver a waste on the first day of camp that season.

I dont remember that.

They drafted Carver in part because they thought Haley was almost done due to his major back issues. people forget Haley only had like 10 or 11 sacks COMBINED his first two seasons in Dallas, and that alot of his 1993 season he was in and out due to the back problems.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They were not as bad as Bennett. How many interceptions and stalled drives did he cause? Something bad always happened when they forced him the ball. Plus he was a total ****** with the work ethic of a dead person.

Dude. Stop. Seriously.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I dont remember that.

They drafted Carver in part because they thought Haley was almost done due to his major back issues. people forget Haley only had like 10 or 11 sacks COMBINED his first two seasons in Dallas, and that alot of his 1993 season he was in and out due to the back problems.

Aikman and a few other players admitted they were openly laughing at that first draft class at the first camp. Aikman talks about it in one of those Jerry/Jimmy ESPN documentaries.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So they were laughing at the rookies as they were practicing with them?

Reaction score
2nd rounders starting in 1994:

Larry Allen (1994)
Sherman Williams (1995)
Kendal Watkins (1995)
Shane Hannah (1995)

Kavika Pittman (1996)
Randall Godfrey (1996)
Flozell Adams (1998)
Solomon Page (1999)
Dwayne Goodrich (2000)
Quincy Carter (2001)
Tony Dixon (2001)

Andre Gurode (2002)
Antonio Bryant (2002)
Al Johnson (2003)
Jacob Rogers (2004)

Kevin Burnett (2005)
Anthany Fasano (2006)

I stopped at Bennett, and bolded the worse picks.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Allen, Godfrey, and Pittman were good. Page was adequate. The rest sucked ass.

So glad we let Godfrey get away because he was too expensive then the next year we signed Dexter Coakley for the exact same amount.

Top Bottom