• Mike Jenkins (25th, 2008)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mo Claiborne (6th, 2012)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jon, you are out of your fucking mind dude.

Bobby Carpenter is hands down the worst one on that list, and its not even close.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jon, you are out of your fucking mind dude.

Bobby Carpenter is hands down the worst one on that list, and its not even close.

Carpenter played well his last year here. I should have probably put him in place of LaFluer.

The other guys I listed never did a thing.

Claiborne is #1 because of what we gave up to get him and then the results we have.

Reaction score
I think LaFluer could have been better than he was, but back injuries killed his career. Not saying he would have been Witten or Novacek, but he was developing into a decent red zone target.

And somewhere I still have an autographed LaFluer Donruss rookie.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carpenter played well his last year here. I should have probably put him in place of LaFluer.

The other guys I listed never did a thing.

Claiborne is #1 because of what we gave up to get him and then the results we have.

Good grief man. lay off the meth. Carpenter is one of the worst first round picks in the history of this franchise.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think LaFluer could have been better than he was, but back injuries killed his career. Not saying he would have been Witten or Novacek, but he was developing into a decent red zone target.

And somewhere I still have an autographed LaFluer Donruss rookie.

Lafleur was actually pretty good. Very dominant blocker, underrated receiver who was good in the redzone.

As you mention, the back situation ruined him.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Carpenter was easily the worst player of those listed. I am not factoring in who we passed on because Jones would have screwed that up also.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Carpenter sucked. I realize that. But at least he showed something his last year here.

Carver never showed a thing, Jones was always hurt, and Claiborne is always hurt. Plus we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder for him.

It's still Claiborne

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If you want to start a poll for a 2nd rounder I've got my pick ready and I will fight to the death.

Martellus Bennett, Tight End, Texas A&M University, Mongoloid

Reaction score
Lafleur was actually pretty good. Very dominant blocker, underrated receiver who was good in the redzone.

As you mention, the back situation ruined him.

Yeah he really only played one complete season, his second. First year he split time with Bjornson, and by year three the back was killing him. I remember a game against the Skins in DC were he just dominated. Showed flashes and I thought we had something.

Ekuban showed moments of brilliance as well, just never could put it all together.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carpenter sucked. I realize that. But at least he showed something his last year here.

Carver never showed a thing, Jones was always hurt, and Claiborne is always hurt. Plus we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder for him.

It's still Claiborne

Carpenter never showed jack shit, I'm not sure what you are referring to. He hardly played because he sucked so bad.

Carver did show some flashes. He once took Tony Bosselli to the woodshed for 60 minutes and had 2 or 3 sacks on the guy that day. I dont care to label him a bust, but he ruined himself with alcoholism more than inability to play.

Claiborne has plenty of time to turn it around.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If you want to start a poll for a 2nd rounder I've got my pick ready and I will fight to the death.

Martellus Bennett, Tight End, Texas A&M University, Mongoloid

dude...just stop

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't remember Carver doing that.

You know you may be convincing me it's Carpenter.

Top Bottom