Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
WTF???

The kid is too stupid to be on the team! Isn’t the next suspension a lifetime one?

Last edited:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Randy Gregory suffered relapse in August, may face discipline from NFL

Randy Gregory of Dallas Cowboys suffered relapse in August, may face discipline from NFL

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory, who will play in his first regular-season game since 2016 on Sunday, suffered a substance-related relapse last month that the NFL could rule on as early as this week, league sources tell ESPN.

Sources in Dallas thought the league would decide whether to discipline Gregory last week, before Sunday's regular-season opener against the Carolina Panthers, but the league still is studying the case and factoring in the steps that Gregory has taken over the past month since his setback.

More and more, in one of the interesting and quiet trends around the league, the NFL has become more tolerant when a player violates the drug policy. It has softened its stance on drug policy perpetrators. There have been multiple examples this offseason of a player having a disputed test, with the league emphasizing treatment and support rather than discipline, which was one of the NFL Players Association's goals when the policy was reconfigured in 2014.

Within the past year, the NFL has recognized that addiction is best treated in ways other than suspending players. Gregory is the latest example, though he still faces a key ruling that could come as early as this week.

Gregory has missed 30 of the past 32 regular-season games, including the entire 2017 season, for multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy. He was reinstated by the league in July after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What?

I haven’t seen any reports about that

Randy Gregory suffered relapse in August, may face discipline from NFL

Adam Schefter
ESPN Senior Writer

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory, who will play in his first regular-season game since 2016 on Sunday, suffered a substance-related relapse last month that the NFL could rule on as early as this week, league sources tell ESPN.

Sources in Dallas thought the league would decide whether to discipline Gregory last week, before Sunday's regular-season opener against the Carolina Panthers, but the league still is studying the case and factoring in the steps that Gregroy has taken over the past month since his setback.

More and more, in one of the interesting and quiet trends around the league, the NFL has become more tolerant when a player violates the drug policy. It has softened its stance on drug policy perpetrators. There have been multiple examples this offseason of a player having a disputed test, with the league emphasizing treatment and support rather than discipline, which was one of the NFLPA's goals when the policy was reconfigured in 2014.

Within the past year, the NFL has recognized that addiction is best treated in ways other than suspending players. Gregory is the latest example, though he still faces a key ruling from the NFL that could come as early as this week.

Gregory has missed 30 of the past 32 regular-season games, including the entire 2017 season, for multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy. He was reinstated by the league in July after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This MFer

He was one of the things that I was looking forward to watching this season.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This MFer

He was one of the things that I was looking forward to watching this season.

Then you got sucked. This guy has had multiple chances. He's unreliable and just a waste of roster space. The Randy Gregory situation is more telling about our front office than it is about the player himself.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Then you got sucked. This guy has had multiple chances. He's unreliable and just a waste of roster space. The Randy Gregory situation is more telling about our front office than it is about the player himself.

You are correct!

That’s on me for buying into the bullshit surrounding him

He had already proven he couldn’t be trusted 8 times with his previously failed tests

I knew he would fail another test at some point. I just hoped we would get some use out of him this season. I figured he’d make it thru this season then get high after we missed or got knocked out of the playoffs this year.

That’s my bad

He has proven he’s a dumbass who can never be counted on and trusted again. He should be cut immediately!!!!

If he somehow makes it thru this without getting a lifetime suspension then his next failed test will result in a lifetime ban. It’s just a matter of time.

It’s time to cut bait and run

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So Gregory relapsed again. What a great way to start the new season.

All kinds of ass hole fanbois at the Zone talking him and DLaw with double digit sacks this year. Not sure what planet some of these people live on but they must get constantly scammed by everybody and their brother.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Some of this is b/s hindsight is 20/20 stuff, but that said I think some of the reason drunken GM does this stuff over and over is because he saw the 90's Cowboys win big with troubled players and he thinks they can duplicate that today.

The thing that apparently he STILL doesn't understand despite 22+ yrs of failure is that the reason that worked then (especially 1991-1993) is because Jimmy put the fear of God in those guys. There was no circumventing him and being "enabled" as has been common practice for two plus decades now.

If we had a Jimmy Johnson as HC now, some of these gambles and risks would have probably paid off way more than they have now. But we don't.

plus when you're an empty chair of a GM, completely void of any talent and woefully lacking in experience compared to the peers he competes against, then all he really has to offer is the ability to gamble-gamble

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Report: Gregory has suffered another relapse

Wrong: Gregory has never been clean long enough to have a fricken "relapse". Why is this fricken loser still with the Cowboys or the NFL for that matter??? LOSER!!!!!

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jerry loves these projects. Whether it be guys with drugs or guys trying to come back from severe injuries. I believe its because he wants to hit a home run with one of these guys and people around the league will say what a great bargain he got by drafting the guy as he dropped down the draft board. Jerry wants to look smart in the eyes of his peers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry loves these projects. Whether it be guys with drugs or guys trying to come back from severe injuries. I believe its because he wants to hit a home run with one of these guys and people around the league will say what a great bargain he got by drafting the guy as he dropped down the draft board. Jerry wants to look smart in the eyes of his peers.

I think it's more like, "aww, such a good kid and whatta tough break" and shovels money at them. Jerruh the Social Justice Warrior. He doesn't really care that much if they ever contribute.

Reaction score
Well Gregory just had a concussion. You know he is going to self medicate now.

I know the changes in the drug policy is more tolerant of marijuana use. But a rule is a rule. I Gregory like so many Jerry Jones GM moves is unreliable.

Blueoxen22

Spectator
Reaction score
Me too. 1 career sack in 14 games and everyone thinks he's a stud. Couldn't care less about the Cowboys by his obvious selfishness. Flunking weed test at the biggest job interview in your life should have been a red flag. It was, to everyone but the Jones family.

Blueoxen22

Spectator
Reaction score
Just taking practice reps from Tapper or somebody else. What kind of example is this front office setting by NOT CUTTING this guy? I'm all for 2nd chances.....not 3, 4, 5, or 6. Let him move in with Rolando McClain and we never need to hear from either one of them again.

Top Bottom