Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just watched the Old Guard on Netflix.

It wasn’t bad, but damn the Chelize Theron is smoking hot

I watched the untold history of the U.S., history 101, Narcos, Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, Ozark, uncut gems to name a few

I’m just running out of decent stuff to watch

Anyone have any new recommendations that Havent been mentioned above?

I’ve seen everything mentioned besides Hostiles and I’ll be checking that out tonight

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I’ve been watching a documentary on Netflix called The Toys that Made Us. It’s about how some of the most famous toys in history came to be. Things like who thought of them, how they were marketed, and how they evolved. Some of toys they talk about are Ninja Turtles, Transformers, My Little Pony, GI Joe, Hello Kitty, and Star Wars toys. Each toy has its own episode. About 12 episodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thanks MrB

That sounds right up my alley

I love learning the history of things

Couldn’t stand history in school or college

But the older I get the more I am interested in the past

Especially nowadays with every Tom Dick and Harry trying to erase our past

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Watching this is a reminder that during the 50's they had their worries about the end of life as they knew it...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've watched a couple of episodes of this Netflix series called "Alone." It's about 10 people who are dropped into Alaska and the guy/gal to survive the longest without quitting wins. Not bad.

There's another show called "Preppers." I think that's the name........It's about people who are doomsday preppers and I'm actually kind of envious. A year or two ago I would have thought these people were complete nut jobs....now I'm not so sure.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I've watched a couple of episodes of this Netflix series called "Alone." It's about 10 people who are dropped into Alaska and the guy/gal to survive the longest without quitting wins. Not bad.

There's another show called "Preppers." I think that's the name........It's about people who are doomsday preppers and I'm actually kind of envious. A year or two ago I would have thought these people were complete nut jobs....now I'm not so sure.

I’ve been watching Alone since the first season. I believe it comes on the History Channel. They are about half way through the current season. Pretty good show!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Right now I’m watching a show called Future Man on Hulu (there are 3 seasons). This show I hilarious! It’s an action/comedy. It kind of reminds me of a cross between Chuck and the Terminator. Also kind of reminds me of an adult version of Stranger Things (lots of 80’s nostalgia). About half way through the 1st episode you’ll understand why I say adult version. Oh yea and episodes are only 30 min long.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just about through Season 2 of the Umbrella Academy, even better than the first one was.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just finished season 1 and I’m getting ready to start season 2

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Umbrella Academy season 2 is next on my list. Have you guys watched The Boys on Amazon Prime? It’s also a dark take on super hero’s. Season 2 drops in September.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Umbrella Academy season 2 is next on my list. Have you guys watched The Boys on Amazon Prime? It’s also a dark take on super hero’s. Season 2 drops in September.

I watched season 1 but haven’t started season 2 yet. Which I believe was just recently released or is about to be released.

It was good, but I expected it to be better because all the hype there was for it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just finished season 2 of Kingdom on Netflix

It’s a pretty good show.

It follows a former UFC Champ who is now out of fighting and running his own gym in Venice Beach, CA.

There are 3 seasons total so far

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I just finished season 2 of Kingdom on Netflix

It’s a pretty good show.

It follows a former UFC Champ who is now out of fighting and running his own gym in Venice Beach, CA.

There are 3 seasons total so far

That’s the one with the Jonas brother right? I’ve seen parts of it but have t watched the whole thing yet. Looked pretty good from what I saw.

I noticed Hulu has a lot of old sitcoms from the 80’s and early 90’s. Perfect Strangers was one of my favorite shows as a kid, I thought it was hilarious. So I put it on the other day and man that show does not hold up. It was pretty bad.

On the flip side The Wonder Years has been great. I was the same age as Kevin in that show when it was originally on.

So I recommend watching some of these old shows.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep

That’s the show. The Jonas kid is not in the show too much. Which is fine by me.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not waste your time watching the Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey movie

It’s free on HBO now and it’s still not worth the price of admission

What a worthless waste of time and huge disappointment

I really like Margot Robbie. But damn was this or horrible movie! She was great as HQ in Suicide Squad. But not in this one.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I stumbled across another great and hilarious show on Hulu.

What We Do In The Shadows. It’s a satirical comedy about 4 vampires living in Staten Island. They moved to the New World with the intent on taking it over. Instead they just hung around the house for over 100 years. It’s filmed like a documentary (similar to The Office). One of the vampires is an “Energy Vampire”. He feeds off people’s energy by boring them to death.

Kind of dry humor but extremely funny!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not waste your time watching the Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey movie

It’s free on HBO now and it’s still not worth the price of admission

What a worthless waste of time and huge disappointment

I really like Margot Robbie. But damn was this or horrible movie! She was great as HQ in Suicide Squad. But not in this one.

I almost put that on yesterday. Glad I didn’t now!

Top Bottom