Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We just finished watching the Night Stalker on Netflix and it was really good. I highly recommend it.

I’m not sure how much of a story the Night Stalker was in other states. But it was a major story here in SoCal in the summer of 1985 and for many years after because of his trial.

He did have a tie to El Paso which is where he grew up. It is believed that there may be unsolved cases attributed to him in Texas because he went back and forth between Texas and CA during that time of his murder spree.

That series really hits home because I lived thru that time.

One of the murders happened 4 blocks from my parents house where I grew up. We didn’t know it until weeks later because he hadn’t been named the Night Stalker yet and they didn’t tie that murder to him until later.

My parents house was less than 10 minutes away from most of the murders.

That summer changed a lot of things that we take for granted nowadays. I didn’t remember it until I watched the series, but we used to sleep with our windows open and doors unlocked and never thought twice about it before the Night Stalker. Nowadays that is just unthinkable. You would never even consider doing that today.

He is the reason I started sleeping with a knife under my mattress that I can reach in a second. That is something I started doing that summer. I slept with a machete under my mattress and I have slept with some type of blade under my mattress every day since. I also sleep with a gun within reach since then as well.

That summer no one would be out past dark. As kids we used to always play out in the streets until an hour before bedtime. That summer (and many more after that) every kid had to be in the house before dark.

The scary thing about him was there was no pattern with his victims so no one in this area felt safe.

He would kidnap, molest and sodomize children both male and female. He would rape woman of all ages and ethnicities. He would kill both men and women of all ages. He would seemingly target anyone for any reason at any time.

The whole Satanic connection didn’t come out till the very end. The news didn’t report about him painting pentagrams on the walls until right before he was caught. Then it really came out during the court case.

46+ attacks in less than one year. 14 murders and 35 rapes/assaults/abductions. Plus he admitted to additional murders after he was convicted. So who knows that his real numbers are.

I remember watching on the news when he got caught in East LA. They chased his ass down, beat him, and held him till the police arrived.

It’s weird watching the series about him because I kind of just wiped it all from my mind and forgot about him after all these years. But a lot of how we think about our own safety in the home and the precautions we take to this day are because of him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We just finished watching the Night Stalker on Netflix and it was really good. I highly recommend it.

I’m not sure how much of a story the Night Stalker was in other states. But it was a major story here in SoCal in the summer of 1985 and for many years after because of his trial.

He did have a tie to El Paso which is where he grew up. It is believed that there may be unsolved cases attributed to him in Texas because he went back and forth between Texas and CA during that time of his murder spree.

That series really hits home because I lived thru that time.

One of the murders happened 4 blocks from my parents house where I grew up. We didn’t know it until weeks later because he hadn’t been named the Night Stalker yet and they didn’t tie that murder to him until later.

My parents house was less than 10 minutes away from most of the murders.

That summer changed a lot of things that we take for granted nowadays. I didn’t remember it until I watched the series, but we used to sleep with our windows open and doors unlocked and never thought twice about it before the Night Stalker. Nowadays that is just unthinkable. You would never even consider doing that today.

He is the reason I started sleeping with a knife under my mattress that I can reach in a second. That is something I started doing that summer. I slept with a machete under my mattress and I have slept with some type of blade under my mattress every day since. I also sleep with a gun within reach since then as well.

That summer no one would be out past dark. As kids we used to always play out in the streets until an hour before bedtime. That summer (and many more after that) every kid had to be in the house before dark.

The scary thing about him was there was no pattern with his victims so no one in this area felt safe.

He would kidnap, molest and sodomize children both male and female. He would rape woman of all ages and ethnicities. He would kill both men and women of all ages. He would seemingly target anyone for any reason at any time.

The whole Satanic connection didn’t come out till the very end. The news didn’t report about him painting pentagrams on the walls until right before he was caught. Then it really came out during the court case.

46+ attacks in less than one year. 14 murders and 35 rapes/assaults/abductions. Plus he admitted to additional murders after he was convicted. So who knows that his real numbers are.

I remember watching on the news when he got caught in East LA. They chased his ass down, beat him, and held him till the police arrived.

It’s weird watching the series about him because I kind of just wiped it all from my mind and forgot about him after all these years. But a lot of how we think about our own safety in the home and the precautions we take to this day are because of him.

I saw it too and also recommended it. I would not be surprised if he was responsible for some of the girls that went missing in Juarez Mexico too (just across the border from El Paso).

I thought it was pretty cool how he was apprehended. 10-15 more minutes and the crowd may have beat him to death.

An interesting tie in to this story is the Cecil Hotel where he stayed at for a while. That’s the same hotel where that Chinese girl disappeared and was later seen on video talking to someone (or something). Then later she was found in the water tank completely nude and obviously dead.

If any of you have Discovery+ there is a 4 part series about the Cecil Hotel and all the weird stuff that went down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Speaking of Discovery+ if any of you are in to home improvement/DIY, true crime, TLC, or nature shows Discovery+ is a must have. Fairly cheap too.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of Discovery+ if any of you are in to home improvement/DIY, true crime, TLC, or nature shows Discovery+ is a must have. Fairly cheap too.

I really want to add that to my line up. But I’m paying for so much other shit already that I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I’ll jump on a new streaming network because there is one or two shows that I want to see. Then I end up sitting on the subscription for the rest of the year and not even using it.

Plus I’m paying for satellite as well. I don’t even want to think about how much I pay for all of the services and the satellite per month.

I’m just waiting for a buddy to hopefully sign up so I can use his log in.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I really want to add that to my line up. But I’m paying for so much other shit already that I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I’ll jump on a new streaming network because there is one or two shows that I want to see. Then I end up sitting on the subscription for the rest of the year and not even using it.

Plus I’m paying for satellite as well. I don’t even want to think about how much I pay for all of the services and the satellite per month.

I’m just waiting for a buddy to hopefully sign up so I can use his log in.

It’s worth the $7.00.

If you’re in to stories about narco trafficking and remember the Iran Contract scandal in the 80’s you should watch the Last Narc on Amazon Prime. It’s a 3 or 4 part documentary about the DEA agent that was kidnapped, tortured, and murdered by the cartel. Three of the guys they interview participated in the kidnapping. They also interview the DEA agent that solved the case and figured out exactly what happen. Very interesting show.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Watching hunter s. thompson related movies like where the Buffalo roam, etc

So funny but most of hunter movies are true story lol

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
It’s worth the $7.00.

If you’re in to stories about narco trafficking and remember the Iran Contract scandal in the 80’s you should watch the Last Narc on Amazon Prime. It’s a 3 or 4 part documentary about the DEA agent that was kidnapped, tortured, and murdered by the cartel. Three of the guys they interview participated in the kidnapping. They also interview the DEA agent that solved the case and figured out exactly what happen. Very interesting show.

Speaking of "drugs"... there's a movie coming out with Gary Oldman starring called "Crisis" about the Opioid drug pushing scandal by Big Pharma.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Speaking of "drugs"... there's a movie coming out with Gary Oldman starring called "Crisis" about the Opioid drug pushing scandal by Big Pharma.

If it has Gary Oldman in it, I’m watching.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
51326419662_0ce4deccc4_c.jpg

Coming October 19th, 2021 on 4K UHD!

The Silence of the Lambs (1991) (30th Anniversary)
4K UHD DISC 1:
• HDR Dolby Vision
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Lossless Stereo
• Optional English Subtitles
• UHD 100 Triple Layer Disc

BLU-RAY DISC 2:
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Inside the Labyrinth: Documentary (66:28)
• Page to Screen: Documentary (41:17)
• Understanding the Madness: Featurette (19:35)
• Scoring the Silence: Featurette (16:00)
• Original 1991 Making-of Featurette (8:07)
• Jonathan Demme and Jodie Foster Interviews (52:30)
• Deleted Scenes (38:00)
• Outtakes (2:00)
• Anthony Hopkins Phone Message :)30)
• TV Spots
• Theatrical Teaser
• Hannibal Trailer
• Theatrical Trailer
• 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Lossless Stereo
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 118 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Screen legends Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins deliver sensational, Oscar-winning performances in this spellbinding thriller based on the bestselling novel by Thomas Harris (Red Dragon, Hannibal). A psychopath nicknamed Buffalo Bill (Ted Levine, Heat) is murdering women across the Midwest. Believing it takes one to know one, the FBI sends trainee Clarice Starling (Foster, The Accused) to interview a demented prisoner who may provide clues to the killer’s actions. That prisoner is psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Hopkins, Nixon), a brilliant, diabolical cannibal who agrees to help Starling only if she’ll feed his morbid curiosity with details of her own complicated life. As their relationship develops, Starling is forced to confront not only her own hidden demons, but also an evil so powerful that she may not have the courage—or strength—to stop it! This terrifying masterpiece co-starred Scott Glenn (The Challenge) and garnered five Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director for Jonathan Demme (Philadelphia) and Best Adapted Screenplay for Ted Tally (Before and After), only the third film in history to sweep the these five categories.

Top Bottom