MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I’m about to finish the most recent season of Ozark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ozark is one our favorites!

Everyone is talking about Tiger King, but after reading the synopsis I just don’t see the draw

Has anyone here watched it and can give their opinion on it?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Everyone is talking about Tiger King, but after reading the synopsis I just don’t see the draw

i havent seen it but i really want to.

from whative heard/read: its about an outspoken, hyper-entrepreneurial, homosexual redneck with more tigers than the bush gardens

and every other character is a train wreck too

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I watched it. It actually was pretty good. It’s like watching a train wreck. The guy is a cartoon character with a ton of tigers. Then you find out there there are more like him. In a way it kind of reminded me of the movie/documentary The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
i havent seen it but i really want to.

from whative heard/read: its about an outspoken, hyper-entrepreneurial, homosexual redneck with more tigers than the bush gardens

and every other character is a train wreck too

And 2 “straight” husbands.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Right this second first Psych binge-athon on USA, just what the doctor ordered.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ozark is a great show and it makes me appreciate Justin Bateman as an actor. He was great in the Outsider on HBO and after the first coupe of episodes, the show just dropped completely off after they killed off his character.

If anyone hasn't seen Ozark, they should give it a try. It's a fun show to watch.....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My son and I have been watching The Last Dance about Michael Jordan and the Bulls. It's pretty good but it jumps around a lot and it loses it's flow too often. But I do appreciate the fact that that Jordan is honest and doesn't hold back during his interviews. He was incredible to watch and it makes me appreciate him more. Kobe and LeBron were/are great, but Jordan was on another level. He saved the NBA. I just don't get the same level of appreciation for LeBron.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My son and I have been watching The Last Dance about Michael Jordan and the Bulls. It's pretty good but it jumps around a lot and it loses it's flow too often. But I do appreciate the fact that that Jordan is honest and doesn't hold back during his interviews. He was incredible to watch and it makes me appreciate him more. Kobe and LeBron were/are great, but Jordan was on another level. He saved the NBA. I just don't get the same level of appreciation for LeBron.
I hadn't watched it originally, but I just happened to have the channel on when they reran it on ABC Saturday night. Five minutes in and I was hooked watching the rest.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
For those of you in to hip hop the Wu Tang story on Hulu is pretty good. So is Waco on Netflix.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jordan doc is great and makes everyone under 25 experience the difference between jordan and lebron

the joke is that jordan played vs mailmen and accountants. i think there was a ton of good tape in the doc that you could obviously see that was not the case. MJ was not 6'8" and built like a house like lebron. jordan played most of his career in a much, much more physical league. in 1998 the league started the hand checking rules, neutering the center position defensively, outlawed using forearms outside the freethrow line to impede a players progress, basically letting you have an easier path to the basket. every player after MJ benefited from a bunch of rule changes made by the league to try to increase offense. not sure if they ever claimed it was to increase player safety at the time. even then "player safety" wasn't as much a thing then as it is now. jordan overcame the physical abuse by bulking up during the offseason. lebron overcame the physicaly abuse by flopping and crying.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jordan doc is great and makes everyone under 25 experience the difference between jordan and lebron

the joke is that jordan played vs mailmen and accountants. i think there was a ton of good tape in the doc that you could obviously see that was not the case. MJ was not 6'8" and built like a house like lebron. jordan played most of his career in a much, much more physical league. in 1998 the league started the hand checking rules, neutering the center position defensively, outlawed using forearms outside the freethrow line to impede a players progress, basically letting you have an easier path to the basket. every player after MJ benefited from a bunch of rule changes made by the league to try to increase offense. not sure if they ever claimed it was to increase player safety at the time. even then "player safety" wasn't as much a thing then as it is now. jordan overcame the physical abuse by bulking up during the offseason. lebron overcame the physicaly abuse by flopping and crying.

Great post and points. Jordan was just on another planet and his career needs and deserves a 10 part documentary. I can't watch LeBron and even compare him to Jordan. Same with Kobe. Some of the things the guy did with the ball are just not of this world. And his desire to compete and win separated him from his peers. I also like Jordan's honesty during the documentary....he really doesn't hold back and I find it refreshing.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
I watched the excellent Harrison Ford thriller "WHAT LIES BENEATH" on demand on Pluto TV tonight.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Space Force yet?

Top Bottom