Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope #82 catches at least 5 more TD’s this season so he knocks Dez off as the all time Cowboy leader in TD’s. Then Dez will hold none of the all time Cowboy receiving records.

It still bothers me that Dez took the record from Bob Hayes by 2 TD’s

That would leave Witten as the all time leader in targets, receptions, yards, and TD’s

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hope #82 catches at least 5 more TD’s this season so he knocks Dez off as the all time Cowboy leader in TD’s. Then Dez will hold none of the all time Cowboy receiving records.

It still bothers me that Dez took the record from Bob Hayes by 2 TD’s

That would leave Witten as the all time leader in targets, receptions, yards, and TD’s
Bob Hayes played during the 3 yards and a cloud of dust era. You have to look at it that way. He actually changed the way the game was played ultimately. One of the more important but seldom talked about players in NFL history.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
If Dak has turned a corner and is wise enough to not take all he could get for salary, he'll make it back 5+x via longevity & wins due to fielding a better team

No position has the ability to reap more off the field than QB and no team can yield that player more than the Cowboys

players and their agents need to understand this

I believe, at this stage in his career, that Dak is more hungry for a ring than for armored cars full of cash and no ring. IOW, I believe that Dak is willing to be reasonable so that there could be enough cap space to field a SB winning team.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The defense looked a little rusty, but it's still only week 1. And it was primarily the lack of pass rush. We'll have to see how it looks a few weeks from now after Quinn comes back and if and when Gregory comes back.

What's the deal with Taco? Crawford is absolutely terrible at pass rushing. If we're going into next week's game with the same D-Line they might as well start Taco opposite Tank. Can't do worse than this week. Keep Crawford inside.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I believe, at this stage in his career, that Dak is more hungry for a ring than for armored cars full of cash and no ring. IOW, I believe that Dak is willing to be reasonable so that there could be enough cap space to field a SB winning team.

I think he might as well, I fear his agents and the players association will talk him out of it, hopefully he sees the big picture and stays reasonable. You win a Super Bowl in Dallas as a QB and you print money for life, also true for many other players on a winning team as well

Not to mention, Jeri will take care of you for life.

I hope jeri leverages the helicopter, plane, bus and yacht to entice players to play for Dallas as well

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There has been plenty of rumors that they have been shopping him around for a trade

Especially since he seemed to turn it on at the end of the preseason

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
run defense left a lot to be desired but not every rb is saquon barkley

at the end of the day, the defense played well on 3rd down and had 2 turnovers

dak was brilliant and he seemed to be excited to throw deep at will. dak can really sell his fakes/playactions so use it as a weapon so the fake hand off and quick pass to slant gotta be a bread and butter play

it looked like they can go to cooper or gallup 1v1 any time and feel pretty good about their odds.

in its first real game, the kellen moore offense attacked mismatches and kept the defense guessing. something linehan hasnt been able to figure out after decades of coaching.

should not be understated how awesome it is to have frederick back but maybe they should be worried about martin's nagging health issues

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
not every rb is saquon barkley
Not every defense is this putrid Giants D either. Much of what we saw was just horrible defense. I greatly enjoyed the game however, haven't had that feeling in a long time. But I'm far from the hype train, in fact I'm not even at the station yet.
inaccuracy issues, of which there are many. That first TD was horribly thrown and he got some completions over the middle where a receiver had to reach back to make the catch; possibly ruining bigger plays.
This was long my lament on Romo, verbatim. That and the ones where the wide open receiver had to stop, to catch his underthrown passes. Remember? This was explained by Ginger as "we don't want to overthrow, we want the completion?" However with Romo it seemed to go unnoticed by most, or was okay with ones who did notice. He wasn't much of a passer, but how dare me ever say that. But it's fact.

Unlike Romo though, most of Dak's "inaccuracy" issues of the past were the receiver's fault, not running crisp routes or not following through on routes. Yesterday we saw what crisp route running actually looks like. Doesn't hurt that Moore also seems to have updated the route tree itself somewhat.

Unchaining Dak and letting him throw downfield was refreshing. Been saying it all along, let the kid PLAY. let him throw deep. Stop limiting him. Trust him some.

All that said, there's no way I'm going to be happy with a defense that gives up 500-plus yards in a game. Had the Giants had some smarts, they would have fed us a lot bigger helping of Barkley, who we had NO answer for all game. I suppose our answer for him was our own point production, which made the Giants sit Barkley a lot more than they should have. He might have ripped us for 250 yards rushing, had they turned him loose on us.

Only stat that really matters is points though. So there you are.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Congrats on your win over my sad excuse for a team. I knew it was gonna be hard for us to win but I at least expected a closer game as most of our games tend to be. But damn, our D is atrocious & uncle Rico woulda tossed 6 TDs vs our swiss cheese secondary, we had zero pass rush & that doesn't help the back 4 when the QB has time to send texts to his agent, have a cup a joe & wave to the fans. Dak's 2 best games have come against us in the past 2 games, I really wouldn't get too giddy on Dak based on who he has done it against. It will be between you guys & Philly this yr for the crown. But beating on a 8-25 team (past 2+ yrs combined record) in rebuilding mode in your house is really not much to brag about. Let's see how you guys do vs the world champs in their house in week 11. Beat them & you might be onto something great this yr.

As for my team, I'm thinking we might be lucky to go 3-13 this yr & get the #1 pick, which I hope we use on a stud pass rusher as we currently have none & then get a stud WR with #2 pick, another stud OLman with #3 pick & then with DJ at QB next yr, we might finally contend for a playoff spot again.

Till next time we meet, stay injury free & take care.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wil Lutz gets redemption and knocks off the Texans, hell of a finish.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NFL Research‏ @NFLResearch 4 minutes ago

In tonight's loss to the Saints, J.J. Watt failed to record at least 1 tackle or 1 QB hit for the first time in 105 career games.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
things look better for sure but I pretty much throw out all results until after game 6 as the first 4-6 games have turned into pseudo pre-season

it will be interesting to see who is still looking good after week 6

Really not until after week 7. Saints, Packers, Jets, and Eagles are the opponents 4-7. That stretch is the first real big test for the team and will tell us a lot about who they are. I think that is when their identity will really get established.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The one thing that I will say is at least we have something to look forward to after game one of the season.

Usually it’s just more of the same. The same old boring predictable offense that we have seen year after year, and have been asking for them to change up for years.

At least it appears that Helen Moore is bringing something new to the play calling and at least for me, is giving me something to look forward to this season.

Which in the past was not something I could say.

We may end up back at Garrett’s season average of 8-8 when it’s all said and done. But at least they are trying something new and trying to make changes to win one last one before Jeruh kicks the bucket. He likely sees this year or next as his last real shot at glory before he lights his eternal flame in the end zone of Jerry’s world.

Top Bottom