cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We sent a 6th to Baltimore for McClain and a 7th.

Nick Saban was still fighting for him so maybe he reached out to Garrett to give him one more shot. I like the move. It's a small gamble. Hopefully Rolando takes this chance seriously.

Reaction score
When he was with the Raiders, wasn't he the LB who jacked up Witten's spleen during the preseason ?

Anyway I hope realizes this is his last shot period.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
He's young and didn't cost us much so there's that...

But really how much can we expect out of a guy who has been arrested 3 times since turning pro and has retired twice?

Just seems like wishful thinking that the light finally turns on for him with us.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
^ Baltimore's approach: Ray Lewis retired, we'd like you to compete with a veteran and a rookie for the job.

Cowboys approach: OMG We need you!!!!!

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm sure we can get way more out of him than that sorry organization in Baltimore.

And I am sure Garrett's connections to Saban are the key here.

Nevermind that Newsome guy...who has deep ties to Alabama and has the emotional capital invested in this player after spending the 8th pick in the draft on him.

I like what is being built here.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
who has deep ties to Alabama and has the emotional capital invested in this player after spending the 8th pick in the draft on him.

Ozzie didn't draft him, the Raiders did. Baltimore signed him to a 2-year cap-friendly deal.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
And I am sure Garrett's connections to Saban are the key here.

Nevermind that Newsome guy...who has deep ties to Alabama and has the emotional capital invested in this player after spending the 8th pick in the draft on him.

I like what is being built here.

He was picked by Oakland wasn't he?

Reaction score
Don't understand the hate on this move.

We lost the best 8 game a year player in league history and have a gaping hole at MLB. We let go of a 6th rounder for him and a 7th.

Will the move pan out? Probably not. But are his odds significantly worse than a 6th round rookie?

Top Bottom