Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
To early to tell but this video shows him rushing toward the officers after being told not to move. That is an excellent way to end up dead. Suicide by cop?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...oment-sammy-yatim-was-shot-by-toronto-police/

You are missing the point. I'm not arguing about whether he deserved to be shot. Guy was unstable, probably had it coming, but to shoot him 9 times? Completely unnecessary. Guy is on a bus by himself, set up chairs and wait it out.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I have heard through a source close to the investigation that the officer was a white/hispanic. "He made a motion towards his pocket" claimed the officer. The cop should invoke the pep defense.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Exactly. Twitch your leg in front of the police and expect to get shot every time.

A few more of these type of shootings and these idiots will expect to be killed for acting crazy. That is a good thing. Don't do nothing stupid and they don't have to worry about it.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol no it doesn't. Did you even watch it or read the article. He moved to the front door where he had been before and was shot. Then his leg twitched and he was shot 6 more times.

You must have watched the wrong video. While screaming like a lunatic, threating the cops with a knife he moved back and then quickly moved forward towards the cop. If would have listened to the cops and followed simple directions, he would be alive today.

Does anyone know why this man took over a streetcar? Was he on bath salts? What was the deal? The poorly written article just talks about what a great person he was before he went nuts.

Reaction score
He never left the bus. He never got any closer to the cops then he was at other points in the video. In fact he was standing at the front of the bus when the cops arrived, took two steps back, walked forward again and was shot. He was shot 6 more times after he was already down and then he had a taser used on him. I watched both videos on the link and read the article attached.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
JFC, people.

I'ts one less complete fucking whacko walking the earth.

It's not like he was on a skittles run or something.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The part where the officer says:"take one step closer and ill shoot."

I think someone that doesn't wanna get shot, they lay the knife down and they don't take the "one step closer". 9 shots is a little much, but wgas? Piece of shit got what he was after.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Pretty soon everyone will be freaking out for giving murderers life in prison.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The article says that had they waited for the guy with the tazer it might be different?

Does the police department have only 1 tazer? WTF? They have to call this guy in from across town and then wait it out until he arrives?

If there's one thing I love it's a good tazing. This guy takes it like a champ.

[video=youtube;NHb2_P1Xd7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHb2_P1Xd7g[/video]

All police officers should have a tazer and a GoPro. Honestly, they peak in the door and hit him with the tazer the entire situation is over with. I'm not sure what the fuck these guys were thinking. He doesn't appear to be stable and likely isn't thinking rationally. They're trying to yell at him to drop the knife like he's going to fucking rethink it real quick and then comply. They should have just waited him out. Park a car to block the doors when Don Knotts finally shows up with his less than lethal device, jump start his ass.

Reaction score
The article says that had they waited for the guy with the tazer it might be different?

Does the police department have only 1 tazer? WTF? They have to call this guy in from across town and then wait it out until he arrives?

If there's one thing I love it's a good tazing. This guy takes it like a champ.

[video=youtube;NHb2_P1Xd7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHb2_P1Xd7g[/video]

All police officers should have a tazer and a GoPro. Honestly, they peak in the door and hit him with the tazer the entire situation is over with. I'm not sure what the fuck these guys were thinking. He doesn't appear to be stable and likely isn't thinking rationally. They're trying to yell at him to drop the knife like he's going to fucking rethink it real quick and then comply. They should have just waited him out. Park a car to block the doors when Don Knotts finally shows up with his less than lethal device, jump start his ass.

Exactly.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
You are missing the point. I'm not arguing about whether he deserved to be shot. Guy was unstable, probably had it coming, but to shoot him 9 times? Completely unnecessary. Guy is on a bus by himself, set up chairs and wait it out.
You start shooting and you dont stop until people die, even I agree with that.

I do question how much of a threat a guy with a knife is on an empty bus, but I am sh1t at some point there is a line and it aint their job to protect crazy people from their own actions (moving towards a half dozen officers with a knife, fuck with the bull get the horns)

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
He had the opportunity to put the knife down and surrender. He chose not to.

Sammy Yatim - Was he Muslim? I thought I had read somewhere he was an immigrant.

Reaction score
Nothing better to do than antagonize the police.

Get a fucking life, loser.
[video=youtube;ngZsUs1yb-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZsUs1yb-s[/video]

Top Bottom