Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Biden is spending money like his wife is about to file for divorce!

Anyone have the numbers on how much Biden has already spent during the first year in office compared to what Trump and Obama sent in their entire presidencies?

With this new &1.2 Trillion on the infrastructure bill I’m curious to see the numbers. But not curious enough to look them up myself

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With this new &1.2 Trillion on the infrastructure bill I’m curious to see the numbers. But not curious enough to look them up myself
That's about half of Obama's "infrastructure bill" that was gonna fix everything and provide a million "shovel-ready jobs" everyone except for me forgot about. Infrastructure remained a "crisis" and here we are again. Imagine that.

And not ONE Republican or Journalist, not any of the talking heads like Hannity, have ever brought this up.

Same scam, different decade.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
If Trump had done this, there would be snark and "questions" from the MSM. But oh, it's Biden, so... "Funny, Ha Ha" from the Lame Stream Media.

touchdown

Reaction score
Cuomo exit isn’t stopping push for answers on nursing homes

“If he committed a crime, just because he resigns those investigations are not going to go away,” said Assembly member Ron Kim, a Democrat from Queens, whose uncle died in a nursing home. “Justice for the women is the first step. Getting the justice for the families who lost loved ones is a longer journey because it involves a whole ecosystem.”

Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul, who will become governor after Cuomo’s departure, vowed her administration will be “fully transparent” when it comes to releasing data on nursing home deaths.

A federal investigation could also bring answers. The Trump Justice Department began requesting nursing home records from New York a year ago and widened its inquiry last summer after a report by The Associated Press found the state’s official toll of COVID-19 deaths in long-term care facilities was probably a significant undercount.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Kraken!

This one will be interesting. Even if Rudy and Sydney were "lying", how far do you go to sue lawyers for defamation if they say that their client is innocent and part of a police cover-up? Post OJ Simpson, this has been a common tactic of defense attorney's to attack the credibility of law enforcement. Or how about a lawyer that makes some other outlandish claims as part of the defense of their client? Maybe even point the finger at another person....does that person have a claim of defamation?

One of the points that was brought up by the judge was that Powell and Giuliani should have known better since the government was telling them no crime was committed. That's not the bar or the standard that we have to believe everything the government tells us. Will a defense attorney defending someone arrested by the government just take the government's word that his client is guilty? That he should have known better than to make any other claims against any other possible suspect? Will a police officer have a claim against a defense attorney who calls him a liar while he's testifying? Very interesting stuff moving forward.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
This one will be interesting. Even if Rudy and Sydney were "lying", how far do you go to sue lawyers for defamation if they say that their client is innocent and part of a police cover-up? Post OJ Simpson, this has been a common tactic of defense attorney's to attack the credibility of law enforcement. Or how about a lawyer that makes some other outlandish claims as part of the defense of their client? Maybe even point the finger at another person....does that person have a claim of defamation?

One of the points that was brought up by the judge was that Powell and Giuliani should have known better since the government was telling them no crime was committed. That's not the bar or the standard that we have to believe everything the government tells us. Will a defense attorney defending someone arrested by the government just take the government's word that his client is guilty? That he should have known better than to make any other claims against any other possible suspect? Will a police officer have a claim against a defense attorney who calls him a liar while he's testifying? Very interesting stuff moving forward.
The interesting part of these cases will be how far the judge allows the defendants to go in discovery. Dominion has, for example, resisted any attempt to give up t's server admin passwords, even fighting subpoenas issued by the Arizona senate. Will the judge force Dominion to turn those over to the lawyers for the defendants in this case? What else will be requested as evidence?

I have said from the very beginning of this case that the Trump lawyers, including Giuliani, made a terrible strategic error in claiming they had proof of fraud and asking judges to overturn results without providing proof. What they had was evidence of fraud, which is not proof. Powell and the other went too far with their claims against Dominion. Now they will have to prove that the evidence would lead a reasonable person to conclude that Dominion was involved in the fraud.

The one thing that troubles me is this though is if the claims of fraud are considered to be so outrageous that no one believes them then how exactly has Dominion been damaged? If the charges are ridiculous then how can Dominion claim they were damaging? If the charges are not so ridiculous they how are the defendants being unreasonable by concluding they are true?

touchdown

Reaction score
What my TX US Rep. Beth Van Duyne has been doing this week:

This week, I introduced the Safe and Certain Elections Act to further election security in Texas and around the country. This bill will require the use of paper backup for audits, prohibit connecting voting systems to the internet, directs the removal of ineligible voters from the registration list, and study the usage of blockchain technology to improve the security of elections. All Americans have a voice in this country. I am working to guarantee their voices are heard, and that we work together to eliminate voter malpractice.

I also introduced the RENTAL Act, which prohibits a Federal official from establishing, extending, maintaining, implementing, or enforcing a moratorium on evictions unless explicitly authorized by Federal statute. Neither Joe Biden, the CDC, nor any other unelected bureaucrat should be able to supersede Congress and the Supreme Court by single-handedly imposing or extending an eviction moratorium. This is why I intend to ensure the White House can't unilaterally change the law of the land without checks and balances.

I joined the Texas Delegation in sending a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas expressing our concern over President Biden’s immigration policies. Catch-and-release of COVID positive illegal immigrants is a public health crisis and is putting border communities and the entire state in further danger.

I had the privilege of touring K.L. Breedon & Sons, a trucking company located in DFW. We discussed issues facing their industry such as driver shortages and the web of regulations that have rendered hiring nearly impossible. KLB was also kind enough to let me test-run one of their trucks.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What my TX US Rep. Beth Van Duyne has been doing this week:

This week, I introduced the Safe and Certain Elections Act to further election security in Texas and around the country. This bill will require the use of paper backup for audits, prohibit connecting voting systems to the internet, directs the removal of ineligible voters from the registration list, and study the usage of blockchain technology to improve the security of elections. All Americans have a voice in this country. I am working to guarantee their voices are heard, and that we work together to eliminate voter malpractice.

I also introduced the RENTAL Act, which prohibits a Federal official from establishing, extending, maintaining, implementing, or enforcing a moratorium on evictions unless explicitly authorized by Federal statute. Neither Joe Biden, the CDC, nor any other unelected bureaucrat should be able to supersede Congress and the Supreme Court by single-handedly imposing or extending an eviction moratorium. This is why I intend to ensure the White House can't unilaterally change the law of the land without checks and balances.

I joined the Texas Delegation in sending a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas expressing our concern over President Biden’s immigration policies. Catch-and-release of COVID positive illegal immigrants is a public health crisis and is putting border communities and the entire state in further danger.

I had the privilege of touring K.L. Breedon & Sons, a trucking company located in DFW. We discussed issues facing their industry such as driver shortages and the web of regulations that have rendered hiring nearly impossible. KLB was also kind enough to let me test-run one of their trucks.

I never understood this moratorium on evictions. If the government denies landlords from evicting tenants that do not pay their rent then the government should make good on those rent payments. Otherwise how do landlords meet their tax and mortgage obligations? Why would anyone pay rent under these rules?

Our government is out of control and totally ignoring the constitution and the law. It is disconcerting that the American people are not just ignoring it, they are favoring these policies. Of course when the consequences come they will look for someone to blame.

touchdown

Reaction score
Here is a video testimony from June 23 of Congressman Lamborn asking Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley about their plans given the Taliban's acceleration, closing Baghram Air Base and about women. The potential for this kind of defeat was fully considered. They claimed to have a plan that they kept updating. 1:06:50

touchdown

Reaction score
Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

touchdown

Reaction score
Texas Supreme Court says House Democrats can be arrested and brought to the Capitol, siding with Republicans trying to secure a quorum

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Texas Supreme Court says House Democrats can be arrested and brought to the Capitol, siding with Republicans trying to secure a quorum

"Elections have consequences" unless of course you're a democrat in the minority. Then, it's okay to break the fuckin law.

touchdown

Reaction score
"Elections have consequences" unless of course you're a democrat in the minority. Then, it's okay to break the fuckin law.
Yep Dems are heroes when they break the law and encourage others to do the same.
But Reps are villains when do it.

touchdown

Reaction score
These videos produced by Amit Sengupta are from an Indian perspective. That said, I found many of the points he made to be valid. Particularly how Pakistan and their Army and ISI played the US, and they played the Afghan Taliban fighters as well.

He speaks rapidly, so I watched them at .75 speed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom