dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dooms, he ordered a bunch of Exec Orders that the Supreme Court overturned. If it was within his rights to do what he ordered, the SC wouldn't have overturned it.

The only reason it didn't go "active" is because courts blocked him from doing it, because he didn't have the authority to do what he ordered.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
trump should just walk in and create an executive order that has the letters MAGA on it. Then he could just do whatever for 4 years. if the scotus tries to overturn the MAGA order, he just go "Yeah? Fuck off!!!!!"

game
set
match

Reaction score
really?

How does that work?

So Obama could select a bunch of people who are not in jail and have never been convicted of any crimes and decide to pardon them for all future crimes they may or may not commit?

How is that possible?

instead of attempting to answer my barrage of questions, feel free to link me to some sources where I can find the answers myself

It can't be given before an offense is committed, but it can come any time after that... If it comes after conviction and/or during sentence it's called a "reprieve."

http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/2/essays/89/pardon-power

Reaction score
Just curious, Pep, you aren't okay with deporting people who came here illegally?

My opinion is there are some sticky situations that would be encountered, so it can't be a broad brush approach. For one, anchor babies, I'm not sure how you treat that situation, but it's gotta be addressed, you have to put something in place that doesn't incentivze coming here to shit out a baby.

Maybe the children can keep their status, but get ZERO government assistance? I don't know, but something has to change IMO.
Personally, I think at this point if these people want to stay we should let them. We should definitely give them some sort of legal status so they can be tracked and all pay taxes (though most of them already do IIRC).

Government assistance is a different issue IMO... We need to be cutting entitlements, so I agree they on lessening government assistance, potentially erasing it. And if that happens, then the only incentives to coming here would be to get a better job than what they can get in Mexico.

But really, they're providing work that is needed, and assuming they're paying taxes and buying shit, then they're going to be a positive economic influence.

None of this addresses if they are coming here and committing crimes. If they don't pass background checks or commit crimes when here, deport them.

Reaction score
I don't think the R and D labels or old grudges are the problem. If a true libertarian won the presidency with a Dem congress, the libertarian who wanted a smaller government and fewer regulations would still face opposition from the ones wanting bigger government plus more money and control. There are real philosophical differences here.
Sure, there are true philosophical differences, which probably can't be agreed on.

But the general treatment of people who don't agree with positions is unnecessary and makes working together to compromise on philosophical differences more difficult.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dooms, he ordered a bunch of Exec Orders that the Supreme Court overturned. If it was within his rights to do what he ordered, the SC wouldn't have overturned it.

The only reason it didn't go "active" is because courts blocked him from doing it, because he didn't have the authority to do what he ordered.
What I said was and still is, accurate. Same as any other President. He didn't do anything that wasn't within his enumerated powers. Period.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Does the Libertarean party really argue for states' rights over government ones?? I saw somebody post in a Rand Paul thread referring to that.

I was a Rand Paul advocate because I really liked some of his policies, but if that's what he's about, then fuck that.

Any of them if true, remember the Civil War?

Reaction score
All these leftards threatening to move to Canada are racist. Why are they not choosing Mexico? They must hate Mexicans, and prefer a lily white country like Canada.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Does the Libertarean party really argue for states' rights over government ones?? I saw somebody post in a Rand Paul thread referring to that.

I was a Rand Paul advocate because I really liked some of his policies, but if that's what he's about, then fuck that.

Any of them if true, remember the Civil War?

We should all be for states rights. The less the federal government does the better.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This election, beyond being historic, was a learning experience for me and I've been around a pretty long time. One thing I've learned is just how insane the left is. I go on CNN and other liberal rags just to see what they are saying. The libs don't even see that they have evolved into the party of the well to do. They make millions and then claim to understand the working man. Sure Trump is rich but he doesn't deny it. Any working class folks know their boss will probably be wealthier than them.

This was the opening paragraph of a CNN opinion piece:

(CNN)Since the presidential election, pundits have struggled to explain Donald Trump's upset win. Liberal columnists are united in shock that so many people voted for a man who inflamed racial, ethnic and religious tensions, insulted and mistreated women, and was deemed temperamentally unfit to be president, even by many of his supporters.

Why the white working class ditched Clinton - CNN.com

I could argue that this paragraph describes Obama to a tee but the left is so blinded by their agenda that they just can't see what the scumbag has done. He's insulted Christians and white people by claiming some hidden and underlying racism. This was particularly shocking since the country voted for Obama who is black (obviously). He couldn't have won the Presidency without the "white" vote and then he turns around and claims that same America that elected the first black President is racist. Hey dickhead, fuck you.

He's minimized the working class and small business owners from day 1 with his "you didn't build that" comment. And Obama really believes that opinion because he and others like him have made millions by doing nothing; they didn't employ one person; they never paid a dime in payroll taxes; they never paid a dime to maintain an inventory; they never filed corporate taxes or had to pay property taxes on a commercially zoned property. No, Obama and others like him had their education handed to them while the working dog co-signs for loans for their kids or tries to make ends meet helping their kids pay for their education. No, they built their fortunes by taking advantage of the system.

This concept that Trump has been talking about and the working class voters that he's been talking to resonated. When folks start thinking that they're better off being poor so they can get housing, food stamps and discounted education for their kids, that's a real problem. When I take my elderly Dad to a home so he can get rehab after surgery and I can't afford to keep him there, that's a problem, especially when the place is filled with long term elderly residents who hang foreign flags in their rooms and I know have never paid into the system.

In our zeal to help the poor, we forgot about the working class who fund the very system that supports the poor. And when that working class struggled, the more they paid into the system until they were dragged down by the weight of their struggle. The more folks objected, the more they were called racists and privileged. They are so blinded they can't even see that what they are saying and tweeting is the very epitome of racism. The left thought Trump and his supporters were fascists who condoned violence to further their cause. But they excuse their rioting, beatings, looting and burning as an expression of free speech and they can't even see that they are the very thing they believed of the other side. And the left wing media can't even come to accept it despite all the evidence.

I don't' know what a Trump presidency will bring and I would have supported the Republican candidate either way. But I knew what the left would have done and the path we would have continued down. I'm not going to lie; I have a real despise for the left and what they've done to the working class in this country. And hearing them now after the election only adds to my despise of these basement dwelling bums.

Rant over........

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
These people running through the streets rioting, damaging property and threatening or injuring others all need to be lined up and shot.

This stuff is truly ridiculous.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I've always been extremely pro-military, my father was 20+ year USMC and my grandfather was also a career military man.

That said, I never enlisted myself (decision I have since always regretted) and for most of my life believed joining the military should be one's option, not a requirement.

Yesterday I was with a client for most of the afternoon and we were discussing the current state of affairs and started discussing the above topic, and I am now coming around to the belief that maybe we'd be better off as a country if it became mandatory for all high school graduates (in reasonably good health) to serve 1-2 years in one of the branches before going to college or moving onto something else.

The lack of respect for the rule of law, the constitution, total lack of responsibility and sense of entitlement is going to sink this country.

How do others feel about this?

This Bud's 4U

Drew Pearson cheated!ᵀᴹ
Reaction score
I've always been extremely pro-military, my father was 20+ year USMC and my grandfather was also a career military man.

That said, I never enlisted myself (decision I have since always regretted) and for most of my life believed joining the military should be one's option, not a requirement.

Yesterday I was with a client for most of the afternoon and we were discussing the current state of affairs and started discussing the above topic, and I am now coming around to the belief that maybe we'd be better off as a country if it became mandatory for all high school graduates (in reasonably good health) to serve 1-2 years in one of the branches before going to college or moving onto something else.

The lack of respect for the rule of law, the constitution, total lack of responsibility and sense of entitlement is going to sink this country.

The military is now awash with progressivism....I don't see how it would help much.

Reaction score
What is this fascination with making things mandatory? You don't want it to be mandated that you purchase health insurance. You don't want it mandated that you have to pray to Allah.

But when you accept certain government mandates because you agree with that position, you set the precedent for the government potentially mandating things you don't agree with. When the majority of people don't agree with you, and you don't agree with the government policy, that's when you get those mandates that infringe on your rights.

I will criticize every government mandate, even if I may agree that the thing mandated is a good thing, because one day when the government and I are at odds, I don't want to be mandated to do something I think is a bad thing.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score

This would give them incentive to eat poorly not exercise

In all seriousness israel does this and it works but America could never do it. Too many pussies

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
What is this fascination with making things mandatory? You don't want it to be mandated that you purchase health insurance. You don't want it mandated that you have to pray to Allah.

But when you accept certain government mandates because you agree with that position, you set the precedent for the government potentially mandating things you don't agree with. When the majority of people don't agree with you, and you don't agree with the government policy, that's when you get those mandates that infringe on your rights.

I will criticize every government mandate, even if I may agree that the thing mandated is a good thing, because one day when the government and I are at odds, I don't want to be mandated to do something I think is a bad thing.

Absolutely. I believe in individual freedoms. As long as you don't harm others, you should be able to do what you want.

Which I thought was a conservative principle. But too often it seems it only is if it is convenient these days

Top Bottom