dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's all subjective; people who support Trump are insulted.

I was a Cruz person and even contributed to his campaign. I'm extremely disappointed in him.

I watched most of his speech and found it mostly innocuous, but like the other guy here stated, his remarks today don’t reflect a generalization and he basically admitted he's holding a grudge.

Most of his speech was actually very good. He didn't need to say "I endorse Trump" bt he could have said "We are all behind the nominee and need to beat Hillary" or something along those lines, and he didn't.

That said, I don’t think it is bravery. It seems Cruz, being ‘established’ is the one who’s angry that Trump won’t fall at the altar of the GOP establishment and play by the established rules.

Yep

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I have no problem with anything Cruz stands for position wise. We need more people like him. However, he comes across like a sleazy used car salesman or a televangelist which makes him unelectable in a general election. From the start of this whole thing it was obvious that Trump was the only one of the 16 that could get elected in the general.

Reaction score
Most people arent seeing it that way. They view him as being pretty spineless actually.

The more he talks today the worse he looks.

He's probably done as a politician.
You're saying he would be deemed more courageous for selling out hiw wife and father for the good of the party and so he could run for office again in the future? That's as selfish and gutless as a person could be. And I don't care how "most people" see it.

Reaction score
Ppl are mad at Cruz because when asked during the debate if he would support the nominee even if it was Trump he said yes he would

Now when it came time to do so he refused and went back on his word

It's that simple

Yeah, but things changed since then... At that point Trump hadn't called Cruz's wife ugly. Fuck a meaningless "pledge," if that happened to me I would do the same thing.

Reaction score
I have no problem with anything Cruz stands for position wise. We need more people like him. However, he comes across like a sleazy used car salesman or a televangelist which makes him unelectable in a general election. From the start of this whole thing it was obvious that Trump was the only one of the 16 that could get elected in the general.
Cruz definitely gives off that vibe... I thought last night was a pleasant change for him in standing up for his family.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Cruz definitely gives off that vibe... I thought last night was a pleasant change for him in standing up for his family.

Here's the problem. Last night I dont remember him saying anything about sticking up for his family. That all came out today when he was asked point blank about not keeping his word of supporting the nominee like he said he would. That whole family excuse was thrown out there to justify his actions while he was being called out for them.

If he didnt want to endorse Trump he should have just said no thank you when asked to speak.

Personally, I didnt really have a problem with what he said last night because he did not say anything negative about Trump. I didnt see it as this huge traitorous act that so many others did, because I dont think it had to be taken that way. But today he made himself look bad when he was under the gun and trying to take the heat off. It didnt work and actually made him look worse and just added fuel to the fire. He could have said he was taken in the wrong way and clarified it to cover his backside.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Yeah, but things changed since then... At that point Trump hadn't called Cruz's wife ugly. Fuck a meaningless "pledge," if that happened to me I would do the same thing.

Then he should have never gotten up on the stage. Nobody would have questioned whether or not he kept his word. That whole "pledge" wouldnt even be an issue. But now he made it an issue.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You're saying he would be deemed more courageous for selling out hiw wife and father for the good of the party and so he could run for office again in the future? That's as selfish and gutless as a person could be. And I don't care how "most people" see it.

No, I said others arent looking at it the same way you are.

The RNC isnt the time or place for a pissing contest. Some times you have to swallow your pride a little, man up and take the high road. Nobody would ever criticize him for manning up. Now he is being made out to be a fool.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Didn't Cruz or his people put something pretty vile out on Melania Trump?

Edit: yep. His Super PAC did. That prompted Trump's response.

Personally I don't think any candidate of either party should be bringing family members into political discussions unless the spouses political views are some how relevant to the discussions. Young children should never be brought into political discussions (Cant remember which liberal fishwrap ran the cartoon of Cruz walking his "pet monkey" kids but that was a disgrace)

Last edited:

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Didn't Cruz or his people put something pretty vile out on Melania Trump?

Edit: yep. His Super PAC did. That prompted Trump's response.

Personally I don't think any candidate of either party should be bringing family members into political discussions unless the spouses political views are some how relevant to the discussions. Young children should never be brought into political discussions (Cant remember which liberal fishwrap ran the cartoon of Cruz walking his "pet monkey" kids but that was a disgrace)

Liberals are all a disgrace

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well I have my triple bourbon sour ready and I'm sitting back to watch the final night of the RNC

Here's to hoping it doesn't turn into a shit show with Trump going off the reservation

I sincerely hope he can act Presidential for the first time and deliver the type of speech he needs to to win this damn election!

"Fingers crossed"

And after my second triple bourbon sour my eyes will be crossed too. lol

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Well I have my triple bourbon sour ready and I'm sitting back to watch the final night of the RNC

Here's to hoping it doesn't turn into a shit show with Trump going off the reservation

I sincerely hope he can act Presidential for the first time and deliver the type of speech he needs to to win this damn election!

"Fingers crossed"

And after my second triple bourbon sour my eyes will be crossed too. lol

You make Jerry proud

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The second one is dependent on Trumps speech

If he goes off reservation and starts calling Hillary fat and ugly I'll have the second one

If he nails the speech I won't need the second one.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with this part. What makes someone fit for the job? A career politician? A community organizer? A peanut farmer from Georgia? A former actor from California? An oilman and former MLB team owner? A career politician from Arkansas who couldn't even win his own state and needed a third party to spit the Republican ticket to win? A former first lady who had no business being Senator in NY and didn't even fucking live there?

I see the warts. But I'm also sick and tired of these politicians who are running for their own personal gain and power. The Republican party was elected the majority in the Congress and Senate and they're fucking impotent. People are just sick of these scrubs.

Yes, Trump has warts. But him being a non-politician is appealing for a lot of people.Yes, he's rich but more people relate to him as an "average" man who speaks his mind and doesn't fall at the alter of political correctness.

You can list the qualifications you feel necessary but I doubt such a list would be all that extensive for either of them. She deliberately evaded the FOIA and Trump has never stood for anything because he's basically stood for everything depending on day of the week.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Trump were a little less of an uncouth dork, I might actually listen to him.

He's a complete joke of a candidate. Perhaps one of the worst ever.

Sadly, Clinton is not any better.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It is too bad we didn't have a Trump/Sanders face off.

It would have been hilariously funny to watch.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought Trump killed it tonight.

And his kids are impressive as hell.

He may not win like the landslides Reagan had in 80 and 84 but I bet he beats Hillary easily in November.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If he is halfway decent in the debates, which he has to be careful not to come off as a big bully beating up on the woman, he will win very easily.

As I watch CNN/MSNBC, these pundits are MAD, they are flailing around and shouting down conservative guests, talking down the speech, then they cut to real people who are supposedly undecided, and these people are being won over.

You compare these Media types attitudes over the last two elections, then look at their demeanor now, at this stage, in this election, they are freaking the fuck out. They know what is happening.

Trump doesn't have to blow Hillary away in the debates, he just has to do ok. If he can do that, he's the next POTUS.

Top Bottom