Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
With armed National guardsmen, of course it would work.

So you're going to have armed patrol spanning 2,000 miles?

I'm almost interested in what kind of things you could dream up for hundreds and thousands of miles of coastline on either side of the fence.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If it's done right, why not?

I know the argument is something like only 60% cross that way, eliminating 60% or whatever the percentage is, that would be a huge step in the right direction.

Or maybe you don't eliminate anything and people start using the various methods that comprise that other 40%.

Reaction score
Toss their assesvback across the border then. If court is too expensive, a few buses should work. All I read is excuses why the problem can't be fixed. It almost seems like Americans are too chicken shit to fix the problem. We have become nutless wonders.
A few buses? Come on man...

It's not an excuse, it's legitimate logisitical issues with what you're proposing. It's like saying you want to take a spacecraft and go walk on the sun. I would probably tell you that no spacecraft could get you within a million miles of the sun. And it's even more unlikely you could walk on it.

The problem can be fixed to a certain extent. But what you're proposing are just ridiculous "solutions."

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Or maybe you don't eliminate anything and people start using the various methods that comprise that other 40%.

Maybe.

But when you're spending $130ish billion yearly on this issue, and it's estimated that the wall would cost roughly $600 billion over 12 or 15 years, it seems like it might be worth a shot.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
That's kind of the reverse argument for gun control that liberals use.

Bad guys will just find a way around the law. If that's the attitude we're going to take, we should just flush all laws down the toilet and call it a day.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Maybe.

But when you're spending $130ish billion yearly on this issue, and it's estimated that the wall would cost roughly $600 billion over 12 or 15 years, it seems like it might be worth a shot.

No need to talk about the cost. Trump is going to make Mexico pay for it.

I'm just talking practicality. You don't think people who would cover hundreds or thousands of miles would still try to get around a 20 foot wall? And what are the consequences of trying to get beyond the wall? Go back to the starting line and try again?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's kind of the reverse argument for gun control that liberals use.

Bad guys will just find a way around the law. If that's the attitude we're going to take, we should just flush all laws down the toilet and call it a day.

Uh, no.

Because not everyone is a "bad guy". There are plenty of people who obey laws for reasons other than they want to.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
So you're going to have armed patrol spanning 2,000 miles?

I'm almost interested in what kind of things you could dream up for hundreds and thousands of miles of coastline on either side of the fence.
National Guard training would cover much of the manpower needed. If the wall was there, it would also cut down on the border patrol that are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's an honest question. Do you think the fence will actually work?

100%? No

Vastly help? Yes

They obviously need more manpower down there too (being 60 miles away from border doesn't do a whole hell of a lot) and there's a lot of stuff they can do with technology in conjunction with a wall/fence.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

We've got this thing called the Coast Guard, they are highly effective.

Also, the number of people trying to float here is nowhere near the disaster we have on the Mexican border with people who walk or tunnel across now.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
A few buses? Come on man...

It's not an excuse, it's legitimate logisitical issues with what you're proposing. It's like saying you want to take a spacecraft and go walk on the sun. I would probably tell you that no spacecraft could get you within a million miles of the sun. And it's even more unlikely you could walk on it.

The problem can be fixed to a certain extent. But what you're proposing are just ridiculous "solutions."
It is not ridiculous to send them home and build a wall so that they don't return. That is the problem with most Americans. They want the problem fixed, but consider it too much trouble to actually do it. This country deserves every bit of the trouble that illegals cause due to the fact that they want to hitch about the problem instead of fixing it.nyes, I was kidding about a few buses, but in reality, it is ore than is being done now.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Some posters here are against everything that involves sending the illegals home and stopping their return. What is the solution? Should we just let the illegals stay and do nothing to secure the border? Why not offer a solution or admit that you are pro-immigration? Don't be scared to admit your love of the illegals.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Some posters here are against everything that involves sending the illegals home and stopping their return. What is the solution? Should we just let the illegals stay and do nothing to secure the border? Why not offer a solution or admit that you are pro-immigration? Don't be scared to admit your love of the illegals.

Pro-immigration?

Are you against all forms of immigration, legal and otherwise?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You probably should start naming names. If you name me, you're wrong.
Why not offer a solution
That's what I'm asking for, out of you and out of The Donald. Let's see the solutions.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
You probably should start naming names. If you name me, you're wrong.That's what I'm asking for, out of you and out of The Donald. Let's see the solutions.

I wasn't speaking about you Dooms and I sure can't speak for Donald. I can only speak for myself. I would build the wall and send them back. I would also fine the companies that gives them jobs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its pretty simple but it isn't surprising that libtards don't understand the simplest things

We cant afford to let anyone and everyone in the world come here and give them all kinds of free shit...we have too many Americans out of work (which by the way, if those that are too fucking lazy to work wont take one of the jobs out there, they should immediately be removed from any welfare program)

Come here legally, fine. Come here illegally, get your stupid ass booted back to wherever you came from. Come illegally and commit major felonies (like many illegals do) then they shouldn't be deported, they should just be fried or shot. Tax payers in America shouldn't have to finance all these illegals' defense lawyers either, its fucking ridiculous.

Top Bottom