dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw an article recently that 33% of Bernie's supporters will not vote for Hillary. See how it holds up. Most people have their mind made up on party alone, this election is a perfect example of that.

A lot of independents and democrats are voting for Trump though

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
To me, Trump basically is his own third party. He just got stuck in the R party somehow.

I think there's a very fair chance his candidacy in the general is a disaster and the Pub party can point to the fact they were never really supporting of him (which is true), which will actually help them going forward.

Reaction score
I don't see how 3 parties eliminates career politicians. The only way to do that is with term limits (which absolutely should be implemented)
I didn't say it would eliminate career politicians. But more options will certainly create fewer. And term limits is something Gary Johnson is absolutely in favor of.

When you have 3 parties someone will come out and say that isn't fair, that there should be 4, or 5 or 6.
I don't care how many parties there are, as long as we're not shoe-horned into voting into one of two candidates who both want to grow the government.

The only thing 3 parties ensures is that its likely no candidate ever gets a 50%+ majority vote, in which case the other sides will always complain and say "see, the majority of people didn't want this person in office" (which is exactly what establishment republicans are saying in regards to Trump today)
Doesn't mean anything to me. It's basically 50-50 anyways as it is.

Reaction score
To me, Trump basically is his own third party. He just got stuck in the R party somehow.

I think there's a very fair chance his candidacy in the general is a disaster and the Pub party can point to the fact they were never really supporting of him (which is true), which will actually help them going forward.
So they'll be helped if Trump is destroyed in the general, even though they couldn't beat Trump in the primary?

Sounds like some Jason Garrett bullshit to me.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No really. If it were a Rubio or "establishment" candidate getting destroyed, I'd be with you. But Trump is his own candidate. The Pubs know he's barely one of them, if he is at all. It's why everyone is so reluctant to get behind him.

There's a reason many polls showed Cruz or Rubio beating Hillary, but Trump losing to her.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
No really. If it were a Rubio or "establishment" candidate getting destroyed, I'd be with you. But Trump is his own candidate. The Pubs know he's barely one of them, if he is at all. It's why everyone is so reluctant to get behind him.

There's a reason many polls showed Cruz or Rubio beating Hillary, but Trump losing to her.

They are reluctant to get behind him because the lobbyist cannot control him and the lobbyist control politicians

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They are reluctant to get behind him because the lobbyist cannot control him and the lobbyist control politicians

Yep, that's what scares the absolute shit out of all of them up there. he would disrupt business as usual, and they cant stand that.

He's real threat to their power. Its one of the reasons I have no problem saying I will vote for him in November. DC is broken beyond belief, its time for something different up there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

There's also a real reason why the far left has sicked their attack crazies on Trump and why they promise to increase the intensity.

It's because they have info showing that Trump probably is going to win. He's taking votes from all over. Some lifer dems are voting for him. Independents are voting for him. Religious people are voting for him. The south votes for him. People in the Northeast vote for him. he can definitely put longtime dem controlled states in play, and they know Hildakunt is extremely vulnerable anyway. They also know that unlike pussies like Dole, McCain and Romney in the races they were in, Trump will absolutely hammer Hillary on her negative shit and wont stop.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ok, you guys heard it here first. I'm ready to make a firm prediction.

Trump is your next POTUS.

He will absolutely crush Hillary. I've been iffy on whether or not he can win the nomination, but I think Cruz will step aside before mid April.

Trump is the only one that can go hard after Hillary and get away with it. I can't wait to see the commercials. Comedy gold.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I actually think he'll win, too. I don't know exactly why or how, but I can see him winning.

Who knows what he'll actually do if he wins. Just have to hope for the best, I guess.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
To be clear, I think Cruz drops out as soon as it's impossible for him to get to 1237. That is actually approaching rapidly.

I don't think he's interested in gaming and scheming at the convention.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The irony is that the Republicans made Trump sign a document swearing that he would support the Republican candidate and not form a third party. That was done around the time of the first debate. The fucking irony is that now the Republican party is not supporting Trump. I hate these scumbags and I'm a lifelong Republican. The party is really showing it's ass here.

I wasn't sold on Trump but I was committed to voting for the Republican candidate because we can't afford another 4 or 8 years of a Democrat President. The more these politicians come out against Trump, the more I like him. I'd bet a lot of Americans feel the same way.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the problem for the GOP is that almost every Bernie supporter will swallow their pride and vote for Hillary. OTOH, there are tons of Republicans like myself who will never vote for Trump. also, while it's true that Dem voters are less enthusiastic than Republicans this year, they reliably turn out like motherfuckers for presidential elections because that's where the real power is.

I'm assuming you voted for Romney who was far from conservative. He fucked up Massachusetts with his health care program and left wing spending. But you didn't say dick then. That's the hypocrisy of folks with your "I'm not voting for Trump" opinion.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be clear, I think Cruz drops out as soon as it's impossible for him to get to 1237. That is actually approaching rapidly.

I don't think he's interested in gaming and scheming at the convention.

They're going to take this fractured party to the convention and hope they beat Trump that way. It's the only reason why that weasel Kasich is staying in the election. If that was to happen and the candidate who didn't have the most votes gets selected, the election will be all but over and the Dems will win.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm assuming you voted for Romney who was far from conservative. He fucked up Massachusetts with his health care program and left wing spending. But you didn't say dick then. That's the hypocrisy of folks with your "I'm not voting for Trump" opinion.

Romney, while imperfect, was a Republican his whole life with executive experience. Also well-informed and sharp as a tack. Trump, a proud ignoramus who would fail a pop quiz on civics or the names of world leaders, has been a Republican for like five minutes. And no, it's not enough for him to be conservative on one out of 10 issues. In reality, he's a social liberal (planned parenthood!) with a disturbing authoritarian streak. Nor did Romney ever refer to his junk at a debate. :facepalm If I’m expected to vote for Trump or else I’m not a Republican, that’s fine by me. I will vote, or not vote, for anybody I damn well please.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They're going to take this fractured party to the convention and hope they beat Trump that way. It's the only reason why that weasel Kasich is staying in the election. If that was to happen and the candidate who didn't have the most votes gets selected, the election will be all but over and the Dems will win.

Yeah but don't lump Cruz in with those other idiots, he isn't part of them and has said he wants no part of any kind of "brokered" convention.

Trump is going to kill the democrats.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romney, while imperfect, was a Republican his whole life with executive experience. Also well-informed and sharp as a tack. Trump, a proud ignoramus who would fail a pop quiz on civics or the names of world leaders, has been a Republican for like five minutes. And no, it's not enough for him to be conservative on one out of 10 issues. In reality, he's a social liberal (planned parenthood!) with a disturbing authoritarian streak. Nor did Romney ever refer to his junk at a debate. :facepalm If I’m expected to vote for Trump or else I’m not a Republican, that’s fine by me. I will vote, or not vote, for anybody I damn well please.

Romney is a fucking pussy BB. He ran one of the worst campaigns in the history of our country. There's no way in fucking hell he should have lost that election.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Trump is going to kill the democrats.

see_you_in_november.png

she's corrupt, evil and criminal, but she'll wipe the floor with him in the debates because she's no dummy and well-informed on domestic and global issues. Trump, OTOH, gets all his news from the Internet--with hilarious consequences.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Romney is a fucking pussy BB. He ran one of the worst campaigns in the history of our country. There's no way in fucking hell he should have lost that election.

He destroyed Obama in the first debate but took his foot off the pedal. And the fact that Trump isn't "a pussy" doesn't mean he's right for the country or the long-term interests of the GOP. In fact, I can easily see him losing the election and dragging GOP candidates down with him.

Top Bottom