JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I think the opposite.

America has been more accepting of immigrants than any other country. The fact that the Pope wants to sit behind his walls and lob political liberal grenades, I think that's going to piss a lot of people off. The guy lives surrounded by a wall. What a douche. Americans should be ashamed of the fact that they want borders? Go fuck yoursel, Pope.

Really, I've always been weirded out by Pope's. A little human that wears a dress and people are scared of him and worship him? So weird.

It kind of lends some clarity to what atheists/agnostics think of me believing in God.

Damn, that is a good post. I agree 100%.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm with you, Dodger.

He's fricken weird. Just watch his speeches on primary night. He'll talk for 30 seconds, pause for clapping, then watch his face.

He gets this weird bitter beer face thing going where he laughs for a split second, then gathers himself, goes right into preacher mode. He does it every time.

Creepy mfer.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Cruz resembles Yul Brenner in Westwood. An old creepy movie. I was 2 in 1973.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He looks like he had a stroke that only fucked up the middle of his face.

Reaction score
Trump v. Clinton is no choice at all. I'll probably vote for Gary Johnson, assuming he gets the Libertarian nomination. May be a wasted vote true, but I don't think I could live with myself if I voted for Trump or Clinton.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's fricken weird. Just watch his speeches on primary night. He'll talk for 30 seconds, pause for clapping, then watch his face.

He gets this weird bitter beer face thing going where he laughs for a split second, then gathers himself, goes right into preacher mode. He does it every time.

Creepy mfer.

My wife and I were talking about the same thing last night. Fucking weird. And I really hate to be critical about stuff like that because I'm not the cold hearted shallow prick that you guys are.

But he just seems like another grimy politician who throws out shit and looks you in the eye and would lie to you. I mean, how do you even get up in front of your supports and talk about how you beat Trump again and again; and you didn't even win a single state last night. Just pathetic.

These scumbags are all hoping to be chosen at the convention with back door deals rather than just winning outright, thus bypassing the will of the people. They would undermine the Republican party and the electorate for their own personal gain, even in a losing cause because Trump supporters would mutiny and stay home rather than vote in a rigged election. Why else would a hump like Kasich stay in the race?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trump at least says business as usual up there has to stop, understands all the waste and corruption going on and has given absolutely no attention (or taken money from) special interests/lobby's etc etc. He's also taken a hardline stance with the border and I doubt anyone still in has as much clue as he does about how things should be run and how money works.

Those things by themselves make me want to give him a legit chance. If it doesn't work then so be it, but what we've been doing the last 4 terms isn't working either. Electing Hillary ensures there's a 5th term of the same ol same ol.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Clinton-Bush-Obama has been a disaster. At least Trump appears to care about the border and our ridiculous trade imbalance.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Come on bro... vote third party. #politicalpeerpressure

the problem for the GOP is that almost every Bernie supporter will swallow their pride and vote for Hillary. OTOH, there are tons of Republicans like myself who will never vote for Trump. also, while it's true that Dem voters are less enthusiastic than Republicans this year, they reliably turn out like motherfuckers for presidential elections because that's where the real power is.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the problem for the GOP is that almost every Bernie supporter will swallow their pride and vote for Hillary. OTOH, there are tons of Republicans like myself who will never vote for Trump..
Which is why so many polls show Hillary beating him... Ugh.

Reaction score
the problem for the GOP is that almost every Bernie supporter will swallow their pride and vote for Hillary. OTOH, there are tons of Republicans like myself who will never vote for Trump. also, while it's true that Dem voters are less enthusiastic than Republicans this year, they reliably turn out like motherfuckers for presidential elections because that's where the real power is.
Agreed. But we need a third party to emerge here. And I'm not naive enough to think a third party can win right now, but if there's a significant percentage of voters who refuse to support one of the two major party candidates, it could get some momentum going to bring about change... whether that's a legit third party emerging, or multiple legit parties, I don't know.

It feels like there might be a plurality of voters unsatisfied with the two nominees. If those people don't just decide not to vote, or go with what they feel is the lesser of two evils, it could be a sea change in American politics.

At least I'm hopeful that it would be.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
third party = dissatisfaction with GOP = splitting the vote in election after election = a party in permanent exile = Dems doing this :getjiggy

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. But we need a third party to emerge here. And I'm not naive enough to think a third party can win right now, but if there's a significant percentage of voters who refuse to support one of the two major party candidates, it could get some momentum going to bring about change... whether that's a legit third party emerging, or multiple legit parties, I don't know.

It feels like there might be a plurality of voters unsatisfied with the two nominees. If those people don't just decide not to vote, or go with what they feel is the lesser of two evils, it could be a sea change in American politics.

At least I'm hopeful that it would be.

What good does 3 parties do? Serious question.

Reaction score
More choice and more competition is always good... just like the economy. You would have fewer career politicians. I think you would have more legit debate, and fewer people just picking sides based on what party the candidate is affiliated with. These are just a few good things a third party would bring.

Reaction score
third party = dissatisfaction with GOP = splitting the vote in election after election = a party in permanent exile = Dems doing this :getjiggy
If you normally vote GOP, then not voting would accomplish the same thing. And maybe it doesn't turn into splitting the vote... maybe it turns into the GOP moving in a different direction and away from the clusterfuck it is right now.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Saw an article recently that 33% of Bernie's supporters will not vote for Hillary. See how it holds up. Most people have their mind made up on party alone, this election is a perfect example of that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More choice and more competition is always good... just like the economy. You would have fewer career politicians. I think you would have more legit debate, and fewer people just picking sides based on what party the candidate is affiliated with. These are just a few good things a third party would bring.

I don't see how 3 parties eliminates career politicians. The only way to do that is with term limits (which absolutely should be implemented)

When you have 3 parties someone will come out and say that isn't fair, that there should be 4, or 5 or 6.

The only thing 3 parties ensures is that its likely no candidate ever gets a 50%+ majority vote, in which case the other sides will always complain and say "see, the majority of people didn't want this person in office" (which is exactly what establishment republicans are saying in regards to Trump today)

Top Bottom