Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hildakunt apparently losing again tonight.

Fucking hilarious.

Edit: Confirmed, she lost. I think crazy Bern won 3 or 4 states this weekend. Criminal won only once I think.

The one she won had the most delegates. I think he only gained like 6 or 7 on her.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
oh good...another person cool with baby killing

"don't tell me what to do with my body!"

but government tells lots of people what they can or cannot do with their body, like walking around topless, selling it for sex, filling it with illegal drugs, when you can consume alcohol or tobacco, etc. why should abortion be any different?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think the real answer to that question would be that the government shouldn't be telling people what to do in any of those situations.

Although I fully support them telling people not to walk around topless. Seeing old fatties with their tits on the ground isn't good for morale.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Abortion shouldnt be a form of birth control. If woman don't want to have babies, either don't have sex or use fucking birth control. And don't give me any shit about "birth control is expensive". Its not. Even if you don't have any kind of insurance if you go to the health department and get checked out most of those places will supply BC for little to no cost. Further, you can get a damn rubber for like 50 cents.

I would agree that abortions should be an option in VERY limited circumstances (rape, incest, serious threat to the mother's life) but the fucking left wing nuts that make this out to be a legitimate "choice" are ridiculous people IMO. Its murder, plain and simple.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
oh good...another person cool with baby killing

nope, that's not the choice I would make.

I just don't want anyone making that choice for me.

For anyone that does, that would be be between that person and their God.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Abortion shouldnt be a form of birth control. If woman don't want to have babies, either don't have sex or use fucking birth control. And don't give me any shit about "birth control is expensive". Its not. Even if you don't have any kind of insurance if you go to the health department and get checked out most of those places will supply BC for little to no cost. Further, you can get a damn rubber for like 50 cents.

I would agree that abortions should be an option in VERY limited circumstances (rape, incest, serious threat to the mother's life) but the fucking left wing nuts that make this out to be a legitimate "choice" are ridiculous people IMO. Its murder, plain and simple.
nope, that's not the choice I would make.

I just don't want anyone making that choice for me.

For anyone that does, that would be be between that person and their God.
I don't have any objection to abortion as a thing. For me it comes down to if abortion is a acceptable form of birth control. I knew a chick who'd had 15 abortions. For her, this was birth control. Apparently she didn't believe in "conception control."

That's the rub - all forms of birth control should be re-branded "conception control" and leave "birth control" as a term applied only to surgical or chemical methods of stopping the process once it has begun.

As to the question of when life begins? For the "abortion on demand" people, it's defined as when the newborn breathes our air. For the "life begins at conception" crowd, it's the moment the human egg is fertilized. Is there a place somewhere in between these, where people can agree?

I lean towards abortion never being banned or criminalized again. But I also don't think it should ever be considered a acceptable form of birth control - first of all it's not the safest procedure in the world for the mother either. It should be much more rare than it currently is. How we get there is another question entirely.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't have any objection to abortion as a thing. For me it comes down to if abortion is a acceptable form of birth control. I knew a chick who'd had 15 abortions. For her, this was birth control. Apparently she didn't believe in "conception control."

That's the rub - all forms of birth control should be re-branded "conception control" and leave "birth control" as a term applied only to surgical or chemical methods of stopping the process once it has begun.

Except not all forms of birth control prevent conception. There are a couple that work, in part, by inhibiting implantation of a fertilized egg.

As to the question of when life begins? For the "abortion on demand" people, it's defined as when the newborn breathes our air. For the "life begins at conception" crowd, it's the moment the human egg is fertilized. Is there a place somewhere in between these, where people can agree?

I lean towards abortion never being banned or criminalized again. But I also don't think it should ever be considered a acceptable form of birth control - first of all it's not the safest procedure in the world for the mother either. It should be much more rare than it currently is. How we get there is another question entirely.

Colorado had a little experiment. Funded privately, they distributed the 10-year IUD (one of those that doesn't necessarily block conception, but makes the uterus unsuitable for a pregnancy) to at risk populations. Over a span of just 4 years their abortion rate in the age group of 15 - 19 years dropped by 42%, and in the age group of 20 - 24 the decline was 18%.

Of course, when a vote came up to continue this program with taxpayer money it was shot down.

The reality is, both sides say they want a solution to the abortion issue but neither side actually wants the issue to go away. This is one of the few issues that casts votes all by itself. Without this, both sides risk losing voters. It's been 40 years since Roe v. Wade, and they'll gladly let this battle play out for years.

Based on Colorado's small sample, instituting such a program nationwide would reduce the number of abortions by 13% in just 4 years, and the number would undoubtedly be greater over a longer stretch of time given that women in their 20's account for over half of all abortions. Free 10-year IUD at the ages of 15-19 and you're knocking a shit ton of abortions down over the next 10 years.

Seriously, with a reduction that great in such a short period of time how can either party oppose?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seriously, with a reduction that great in such a short period of time how can either party oppose?
IUDs can have serious complications. But seriously to your point - can we have free vasectomies too? Without that they'll say it's once again the government telling women what to do with their bodies even though it's entirely voluntary.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
IUDs can have serious complications. But seriously to your point - can we have free vasectomies too? Without that they'll say it's once again the government telling women what to do with their bodies even though it's entirely voluntary.

Aspirin and NSAIDs can have serious complications. The risks of IUDs can't even be compared to the "harm" done by abortion. I dare someone to make such a claim with a straight face.

As for vasectomies, sure. Have the fuck at it. It's permanent (or it's meant to be) so maybe some of the stupid will weed themselves out by choice.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Breathing air can have serious complications too. I'm sticking with stuff that's free since we're talking about free IUDs.

"Harm" done by abortion certainly not limited to the fetus - but we never hear anything about health consequences for the carrier. Heavens forbid those stats ever get wodely publicized or talked about.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Breathing air can have serious complications too. I'm sticking with stuff that's free since we're talking about free IUDs.

"Harm" done by abortion certainly not limited to the fetus - but we never hear anything about health consequences for the carrier. Heavens forbid those stats ever get wodely publicized or talked about.

Maybe because there's a focus on a more readily apparent harm.

If you're trying to make an argument against abortion based on the potential harm to the mother, you're fucking missing the boat. Pregnancy carries risks. In fact, the risk of blood clots during pregnancy is greater than the risk of blood clots from contraceptive use.

Your ace in the hole is the morality of the issue so you should probably stick to that. Nobody gives a fuck about the junkie who voluntarily shoots up black tar heroin. Why would - or should - anyone care what they do to their own body IF that is the greatest harm being done?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you're trying to make an argument against abortion based on the potential harm to the mother, you're fucking missing the boat. Pregnancy carries risks. In fact, the risk of blood clots during pregnancy is greater than the risk of blood clots from contraceptive use.
I'm not doing that at all. I'm not against abortion. I am merely pointing out that these risks are kept quiet. If it's about choice, it should be informed choice.

Your ace in the hole is the morality of the issue so you should probably stick to that. Nobody gives a fuck about the junkie who voluntarily shoots up black tar heroin. Why would - or should - anyone care what they do to their own body IF that is the greatest harm being done?
Of which, I don't consider in the slightest.

Back on topic: The fact that Bernie Sanders is being decimated by Superdelegate redistribution might be the funniest irony I've seen since the Cleveland Browns drafted the Wide Receiver Fair Hooker. Delicious!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Havent watched all the debate, but one poll with over 300k votes I saw had 65% saying Trump won.

Also read none of the others really did anything to hurt Trump.

Dr Ben Carson endorsing Trump today as well.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I decided not to watch because the last 4 or so have been horrible. Then I get a text telling me that Trump is owning it tonight and everyone is civil, so I turn it on.

Trump did very well. Answered question, had a presidential tone, and really didn't go hard after anyone with insults.

All four guys had strong showings, but it's important to note that Rubio and Kasich got the no chance treatment from my point of view. they hardly got involved. Almost like when Ben Carson would get asked something and you'd have to google him to remember who he was.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I'd rank these slime balls that make a living out of "protesting" as utter wastes of space. In fact I think they'd be more useful to be put out in the desert and used for nuke target practice and damage assessment.

They actually go to meetings to learn how to be good protesters. Can't get a job or do something useful, need to be a "protester"

Fucking losers. Wish they'd all get hit by Mack trucks.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That was the first debate I've watched much of and I don't understand why people think Trump did the best. Not that he did anything really wrong, but I thought the other two guys, especially Rubio, did better.

But at least it was a good, civil debate. I flipped around to a couple of commentary shows afterwards and they were very critical of the others for not attacking Trump more. I don't get that. The last thing any of them needed was more of that nonsense about hand and dick size. At least they all seemed more presidential this time.

Top Bottom