ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They seemed to have skipped over the red herring the US laid, the plans for the stealth coating and how we were testing it? What they thought was a computer program was actually a testing program, using bats.

We would paint a room using the stealth coating and if the bats gathered in a corner we knew the coating was no good. When they would kill themselves bashing into walls their sonar/radar couldn't tell them was there, we knew we had something. It was just that simple.
That can't be true, can it? I googled it for a second and it seemed sort of inconclusive whether that was urban legend or not.

But just to get totally OT, in googling that I did learn for the first time about the WWII Bat Bomb program we worked on for the Japanese. Crazy stuff. Pretty ingenious, really.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That can't be true, can it? I googled it for a second and it seemed sort of inconclusive whether that was urban legend or not.
Yes that was our "top secret program" the Soviets couldn't believe was true, once they got their hands on it. They dismissed it, decided it was a hoax. It was part of project "Have Blue."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Americans was particularly grisly tonight. The acting admonishment, "break a leg" came into play literally, as they broke the joints of a murder vic to fit her in a big suitcase.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
The acting admonishment, "break a leg" came into play literally, as they broke the joints of a murder vic to fit her in a big suitcase.

Hard to watch,but when Elizabeth snapped that picture and old boy realized they now owned him was pretty cool.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hard to watch,but when Elizabeth snapped that picture and old boy realized they now owned him was pretty cool.
Notice too, she is still pretty screwed up over her battle with John Boy and his friend. Teeth all screwed up and bleeding, face all bruised - she keeps covering that with makeup. So that addresses the earlier gripe about her walking away unscathed from having her head bashed into the hood of the car.

I got a good laugh when John Boy showed Beemer the two composite drawings of sKeri they made from their descriptions - neither looked anything like her and they were not alike in any way.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This coming Sunday the end of a era begins, the Mad Men final seven episodes. This is the best trailer for a TV show new season I've ever seen:

Trailer: Nostalgia: Mad Men: Season 7 - YouTube

Nostalgia. It's delicate, but potent.

It's a twinge, in your heart.

Far more powerful than memory alone.

It goes backwards, forwards....

It takes us to a place..... Where we ache, to go again.

Reaction score
Two movies I got from Redbox that were horrid:

Gambler - Wahlberg played his character well and had some interesting dialogue at times but overall was pretty dull.

A Most Violent Year - wow this was drab and boring. I couldn't wait for it to end. So so so fucking boring and pointless.

Reaction score
Watching "Grace and Frankie" on Netflix.

Really brutal. I'm old, but not Sun City old.

Well, technically, I am eligible to buy in Sun City. But I'm not old enough to watch "Grace and Frankie." I think mid-60's is the youngest demographic for this show.

It is good that there are shows for people who are older than me. Strange to see it though.

People who watch "Grace and Frankie" don't watch it on Netflix, they watch it on "the Netflix."

Big difference.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ex Machina was great, I'm disappointed there are no plans for a sequel when the story lends itself to many more movies

Reaction score
Mad Max was intense. Edge of your seat for just about the entire movie.

I had never seen the original, so I'm not sure if the storyline is a continuation or a reboot, but it felt like I maybe needed to watch the first one. They just jump in and don't really explain much.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thread reminded me to post a few shows I really like that I've come across.

The Fall. It's about a serial killer. It's kind of in the same style of "The Killer" if any of you enjoyed that show. Not sure what network it's on because I get it through that XBMC bullshit thing that I brought up months ago.

Silicon Valley. Funny. HBO series.

Top Bottom