Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Was celebrating with booze, and missed this little tribute.

Victory formation..... Had the old Landry "Hitch" added to the OL last night.

https://vine.co/v/OZ2llY736bz

And on national prime time TV too.

Reaction score
That's a great touch! So nice to see it.

Damn, this team is trying to get me to like them again ....

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing that all the time. It brings unity to the OL unit.

But yeah, wish I had noticed it at the time. Really classy of them to do that. It tells me they are forming a brotherhood of sorts, among themselves.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I bet that's a Garrett move, I know everyone hates Garrett but I think he's a lot better than most people think, not the best coach in the world but I still believe he's the best coach to work within our GM constraints

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I bet that's a Garrett move
I highly doubt it. It's far more likely this O-Line got together and did this themselves.

I don't see Garrett saying "Okay guys, look when we take the knee from Victory formation, I want you O-Linemen to do the 'hitch' from the old days." And then spending valuable practice time, getting it right?

Nah. I doubt Garrett even knows about the hitch, or its history.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo did a double take when they did it - he didn't know about it. These guys sprung this on everyone.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
omg, Hos will have a three-day boner after seeing that.

but why wait til garbage time? do it before a real play.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

At the zone they are using this to slather slobber all over Carrot Top's dick, saying what a genius he is for thinking of this. :rolleyes

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lots of the hitch in this video:

[video=youtube_share;RpJGrn6wS9Q]http://youtu.be/RpJGrn6wS9Q[/video]

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
In Hostile's mind, it more than makes up for the years Parcells brought Giant greats to Dallas practices.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Not impressive to do it from victory formation, especially since the point of the hitch to begin with was to temporarily disguise the backfield alignment.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I thought the NFL implemented a rule preventing teams from doing this?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I highly doubt it. It's far more likely this O-Line got together and did this themselves.

I don't see Garrett saying "Okay guys, look when we take the knee from Victory formation, I want you O-Linemen to do the 'hitch' from the old days." And then spending valuable practice time, getting it right?

Nah. I doubt Garrett even knows about the hitch, or its history.

look's like you're right about the players but Garrett obviously knew about its history. I get all the frustration about Garrett & the Cowboys in general but we'd all be happy if Garrett proved us wrong and turned out to be a good coach in this league so as long as he's here, I'm rooting for him to succeed (& save your keystrokes everyone, I'm well aware y'all hate him and think he has no shot)

Cowboys’ Homage To Landry Was A Player Decision

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-DavidHelman/Cowboys’-Homage-To-Landry-Was-A-Player-Decision/a3c0d954-1ee7-4422-a6f1-c64042bef9dc

Last edited:

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
enough with the chest bumps or playfully slapping the helmets of players as they come off the field. you're their boss, not their teammate.

Top Bottom