yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We need mandatory retirement ages for congress and the White House. Many corporations still have mandatory retirement, there is no reason government shouldn't have one too.

My I suggest that retirement begins for all politicians and government employees the moment they exit the womb

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It truly is a sickness.......what job would this loon have if she wasn't getting paid by taxpayer dollars?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this genre of crying by yourself online always has nuclear levels of cringe once you immediately go back and think about their process

so this person had to...
  • position the phone on the wall or shelf,
  • turn the camera on,
  • press record,
  • then sit back down and start crying
not crazy behavior AT ALL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
this genre of crying by yourself online always has nuclear levels of cringe once you immediately go back and think about their process

so this person had to...
  • position the phone on the wall or shelf,
  • turn the camera on,
  • press record,
  • then sit back down and start crying
not crazy behavior AT ALL

And it votes

• Lulz
Reactions: VTA

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK guys and gals and King (pronouns unknown).......I have a question. I saw the below Tweet reported in an article and wanted to see what you all thought. I get that the announcer made a slip of tongue. But the N word is so repulsive in my vocabulary that I don't know how a 50 something person can utter it.

I don't like what I see in terms of crime and cultural issues but I just don't utter that word. Not personally, or to my kids, or to my friends. So while I agree it's a slip of the tongue, I just can't relate to the comment. Unfortunately, it's the world we live in where we cancel someone for a mistake regardless of past history. This guy will almost be unemployable.

Thoughts?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And on the flip side of the issue, I've seen college age kids disciplined for saying the word while singing a rap song where the word was part of the lyrics. That's a bridge too far IMO but these are landmines our kids have to deal with since I don't listen to rap.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score

House follows Senate in voting for resolution to halt tougher EPA vehicle emission standards

Passed by the Senate last month in a narrow 50-49 vote, the resolution now heads to President Biden’s desk, where the White House previously said he would veto the bill in response.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And on the flip side of the issue, I've seen college age kids disciplined for saying the word while singing a rap song where the word was part of the lyrics. That's a bridge too far IMO but these are landmines our kids have to deal with since I don't listen to rap.
Didnt some prominent football prospect lose a full scholarship offer over something like that? It was in the last year or so I think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
OK guys and gals and King (pronouns unknown).......I have a question. I saw the below Tweet reported in an article and wanted to see what you all thought. I get that the announcer made a slip of tongue. But the N word is so repulsive in my vocabulary that I don't know how a 50 something person can utter it.

I don't like what I see in terms of crime and cultural issues but I just don't utter that word. Not personally, or to my kids, or to my friends. So while I agree it's a slip of the tongue, I just can't relate to the comment. Unfortunately, it's the world we live in where we cancel someone for a mistake regardless of past history. This guy will almost be unemployable.

Thoughts?

I'm with you, I would never do it (slip of the tongue or not) and never use the word.

I saw the tweet as well, I do think it was an honest slip of the tongue but the day and age we are in is different, and he will probably pay the price.

I don't like that anyone would use the word, even the people in the rap world. (And I hate rap and hip hop music anyway, so choose to never listen, but I know they use it frequently)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

House follows Senate in voting for resolution to halt tougher EPA vehicle emission standards

Passed by the Senate last month in a narrow 50-49 vote, the resolution now heads to President Biden’s desk, where the White House previously said he would veto the bill in response.
Let's Go Brandon!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thoughts?

hit him w/ the 1st degree felony not nice charges

Top Bottom