Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
By the way IK, the confusion is about Apple not supporting the PUSH protocols. You can jump through the hoops to install a PWA on Apple devices but you won't get the PROMPTS to do so. And the alerts native to a PWA such as PUSH, won't work on Apple devices. This is why when someone says he doesn't see the prompt and someone else says "Apple doesn't support it" they are correct.

iPhone users should get the PWA though and definitely ditch tapatalk.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
By the way IK, the confusion is about Apple not supporting the PUSH protocols. You can jump through the hoops to install a PWA on Apple devices but you won't get the PROMPTS to do so. And the alerts native to a PWA such as PUSH, won't work on Apple devices. This is why when someone says he doesn't see the prompt and someone else says "Apple doesn't support it" they are correct.

iPhone users should get the PWA though and definitely ditch tapatalk.

It works with all websites pwa or not. If you clicked the home icon and see address bar that’s mean pwa is not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It works with all websites pwa or not. If you clicked the home icon and see address bar that’s mean pwa is not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure you understand. Only recently did Apple support PWAs. It still does not support the prompts, alerts or PUSH it comes with. Meaning iphone users won't get the message to install the app.

Using .json for our webmanifest makes iphone like it better, is all.

Iphone has always been able to add websites as icon on home screen.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ditch it. You have OUR app now.

I'm planning on having a talk with you in the near future about deleting TT from DCU.

Can the DCU app run unlimited forums in one single easy to use app?

Tapatalk can and that’s why I use it. One single interface for ALL of the forums I visit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Can the DCU app run unlimited forums in one single easy to use app?
We aren't interested in other forums or applications. Why would we be?

Tapatalk can and that’s why I use it. One single interface for ALL of the forums I visit.
You'll still be able to use TT all you want, except for DCU. Still a long way off from any changes. I DO suggest trying out the DCU app though, to see what it's all about.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We aren't interested in other forums or applications. Why would we be?.

I know the feeling

I have an app that works for this forum and all the others that I visit

Why would I be interested in a separate app with a singular purpose that only works for this forum?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why would I be interested in a separate app with a singular purpose that only works for this forum?
In order to continue being here. Again, we're a long way off from making any wholesale changes. Meanwhile please try out the new app.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
We aren't interested in other forums or applications. Why would we be?

You'll still be able to use TT all you want, except for DCU. Still a long way off from any changes. I DO suggest trying out the DCU app though, to see what it's all about.
on your apple phone like i said does pwa, just set the website www.dcu.blue as home screen as i instructed and it will be pwa if no address bar at top

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
on your apple phone like i said does pwa, just set the website www.dcu.blue as home screen as i instructed and it will be pwa if no address bar at top
There's more to the pwa than no addressbar. ONLY way to get it on iphone is as you say. But it won't have alerts, PUSH, or the other features apple doesn't support. It's little more than a browser shortcut, on apple products.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In order to continue being here. Again, we're a long way off from making any wholesale changes. Meanwhile please try out the new app.

I’ll take a look

But if it’s not easier or more convenient to use then I’ll stick with Tapatalk

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
FYI, don't see a prompt on this unit ( galaxy tab A ) but that doesn't bother me too much, as this is pretty much is a miniature Chromebook as far as me using the browser.
The play store tells me this thing isn't optimized for this or that app occasionally.
Installed like a shot on my note 8, though, works like a champ.

Top Bottom