Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you're on an either iOS or android device give our new PWA a shot! (Progressive Web App.)

Beats the shit out of using tapatalk and is blazing fast too.

Post here, your comments and experiences.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Tapatalk is definitely very hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This PWA has the same feel of any app, but it is tailored to give you the full web experience including all the addons, bells and whistles tapatalk leaves out. I implore all TT users to try it and report back in this thread.

There is a prompt to install in various places when you access the site itself via browser such as chrome. Once you install the app you no longer need to use a browser for DCU. You just tap the icon on your phone's home page and you're there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Do you know how it is listed in the App Store? I can’t find it.

It ain't in any app store Mayng. It's a native app. You get it here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I should say, it is a WEB app native to the site. You find it on the site with a browser. Then when you download and install you get the home screen icon and no longer need the browser. You also get PUSH alerts through the app if you want them, and other features.

Reactions: MrB

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Do you know how it is listed in the App Store? I can’t find it.

We'll see about getting it in the app stores. Both Apple and Google accept PWAs now.

Reactions: MrB

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I haven’t had a chance to get online and really check it out yet. Other than my work computer I don’t actually have a computer at home and only work goes on my laptop. So I have to do it through my phone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
IK has been working on our app and has some progress. He's also working on getting us in the app stores but it's a lot of hoops to jump through. Still lots of work to do.

Also he fixed a glitch that was blocking the PWA prompt for most devices. You should easily be able to get the PWA now.

Finally getting some worthwhile work outta him! Give him a "hell yeah" and maybe even send him a few bucks for his hosting fellas.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Hey Apple iOS users

I just found out from a buddy that iOS does have pwa.

here how.... that is in safari maybe other browsers on iOS device.

tap that then...

124D47F6-BFE7-482E-B92A-2B96AEBBCFC5.jpeg

Tap that and will be added to your Home Screen.

65A4E3B7-5F7C-419F-80D6-67771A516752.jpeg

Icon:

AD71D59B-B82D-4B5E-9313-2AF0B03734C8.jpeg

pwa on iOS:

9EA57A13-5CBA-4326-A604-522C562D3A78.jpeg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just found out from a buddy that iOS does have pwa
Which is what I've been saying. I didn't bother correcting you but it's great someone else did. Someday it will dawn on you that Mr. James knows what he's talkin' bout on tech shit.

Top Bottom