Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If its 2 first rounders then forget it, no one is going to give that up for Dak.
Nobody has to give up jack shit. The two first round picks are COMPENSATORY. Provided by the league. Not the team that signs him. This is ONLY IF we use the non-exclusive tag.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well none but I thought the non-exclusive tag would only require 1 first rounder?
If its 2 first rounders then forget it, no one is going to give that up for Dak.

Yeah it's two first rounders if Dallas chooses not to match. It almost never happens.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With the players we have now the Cowboys limped to an 8-8 season. Paying Dak a ridiculous amount of money and losing key players is not a recipe for success. But will Jones see this? Probably not. Better hope your new coach is like Jesus Christ.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
KC gave up a first and a second for a DE (Frank Clark). A young starting QB like Dak should bring at least that.
It really depends on how Dak is viewed around the league and whether or not someone believes he's the kind of QB that can elevated the people around him.
I have yet to see that which is why I doubt anyone gives up 2 first round picks though 1 first rounder would be doable.
If we sign him to what I am hearing we are fucked and frankly Dak is starting to piss me off...

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dak's talks have stalled the moment he wanted top QB money. He wanted to cash in after the first 3 games and then shit the bed the rest of the season. He and his agent got greedy, played hardball and lost.
But, but Dak has all the yardz!!

America's Team

Spectator
Reaction score
Even at 42 years old, Brady is still too good for Dallas.

I'd love to see him with the star but it won't happen.

langston

Spectator
Reaction score
What if Jerry was able to get Tom Brady for a 2 year deal? What if Jerry traded Dak to Cincinnati for the #1 draft pick and cincy threw in an additional pick in rounds 2. Then you have options to pick up a QB on the rookie pay scale, or take Chase Young.

What if Jerry was able to sign and trade Amari Cooper to get into the 10-14 draft pick position and take Ceedee Lamb.

Those moves would free up money and get rid of top heavy salaried players and get a fresh injection of new era players from college.

That's all good if Brady signs with the cowboys and I sure wouldn't mind wearing a Cowboys jersey with Brady on it. Psssss. Jerry that's a lot of merchandise sales there wink wink lol.

That's how I would fix the Dak and Amari drama.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What if Jerry was able to get Tom Brady for a 2 year deal? What if Jerry traded Dak to Cincinnati for the #1 draft pick and cincy threw in an additional pick in rounds 2. Then you have options to pick up a QB on the rookie pay scale, or take Chase Young.

What if Jerry was able to sign and trade Amari Cooper to get into the 10-14 draft pick position and take Ceedee Lamb.

I actually like the concept behind your 3rd idea. Basically swapping out WRs and gaining cap space in the process. A bit risky, but I like the thought process.

I even like the Brady idea to some extent. New coach. A really good RB and nice WRs. The Cowboys would be relevant again. I also think Brady has something left in the tank.

It's your 2nd what if that gives me a little chuckle. If the owner of Cinci, who I believe is also the GM and a bum, did something so moronic as you described, you'd have to immediately commit him to the nearest psychiatric facility. That would make the Herchel Walker trade look good in comparison.

langston

Spectator
Reaction score
You never know but everyone in the media keeps hyping Daks stats as one of the top 5 in 2019, Cowboys don't have to sell the idea its already sold. Cincy FO isn't the brightest but true DC isn't moving on their pick position, Jerry should take the risk reward for trading Dak for a pick position somewhere between 1, 3, 4, 6. I don't see DC or NYG making a trade with the Cowboys. Move Amari and get a fair trade position in a draft class loaded with talented WR. I like Devin DuVernay as a late pick in the slot and get either Ceedee Lamb or either WR from Bama with a Cooper trade. DROOLING haha

I'm still all in for the need to draft quality on the defensive side too.

This is all or partly hinged on getting Brady to wear the STAR.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What if Jerry traded Dak to Cincinnati for the #1 draft pick and cincy threw in an additional pick in rounds 2.
Asked and answered earlier. Nobody's going to pay the big contract to a 4th year guy when they can draft #1 and pay him on the cheap for four years. Nobody's that stupid, especially when it's a QB with no accomplishments, no skins on the wall.

langston

Spectator
Reaction score
Cowboys could use the non-exclusive franchise tag on Dak which would allow every NFL team to negotiate with Dak and then give the Cowboys the right to match any offer sheets or receive 2 first round picks for Dak should the Cowboys decide to not match the offer sheet.

Take a look at Miami #5 pick and #18 should Miami take the deal and take Dak and give the Cowboys the 2 picks is a win win for both teams. Then Cowboys can draft a QB and sign a free agent QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cowboys could use the non-exclusive franchise tag on Dak which would allow every NFL team to negotiate with Dak and then give the Cowboys the right to match any offer sheets or receive 2 first round picks for Dak should the Cowboys decide to not match the offer sheet.

We litigated this already too. Same problem as before. Nobody's gonna give up two 1st round picks for a 5th year QB they'll have to pay huge for. Especially if they're in position to pick in the top ten this year. Nobody's that stupid.

The big holdup between the Joneses and Dak is length of contract. Dallas wants to lock him up long term, talking a 6 year deal. Dak wants to gamble again, wanting just a two year deal so he can potentially get more get more down the road.

This FO stupidly believes there will be high demand on the open market for a 5th year guy with no skins on the wall. So they're not about to expose him to the market in any way. They'll use the exclusive tag on him.

langston

Spectator
Reaction score
Giving Dak 35+ million per season for what he provides is money going down the toilet. Getting rid of Dak is best for the team. Trading him for a high first round pick or using the non-exclusive franchise tag is the smart thing to do.

Lets hypothetically say this in this scenario that the cowboys use the non-exclusive tag and teams negotiate with Dak and offers come in in the range below 30M. Who has more leverage now? A player wanting 35+M or the league telling him that you ain't worth that.

Dak is not the answer, he will never take the cowboys to the promise land. His stats from last year are padded stats he had tons of positive numbers against weak teams and sucked vs quality teams.

langston

Spectator
Reaction score
I firmly believe that Miami would give away 2 first round picks for a so called established QB and build a team around him under the non-exclusive tag. Rather than draft a player like Tua and wait and see if he is a NFL bust or not.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Giving Dak 35+ million per season for what he provides is money going down the toilet. Getting rid of Dak is best for the team. Trading him for a high first round pick or using the non-exclusive franchise tag is the smart thing to do.
They fall in love with certain players. Jerry's already compared Dak to his son Stephen, saying there's no way forward without him. They're not businesslike when it comes to their pets. We've seen this before with several players.

langston

Spectator
Reaction score
Jerry lovin his players is cool but business is business we the fans are the ones Jerry needs to be lovin. That's where his money is coming from and happy fans are money making fans for the cowboys. This is how I see it grown men playing a kids game and getting paid huge money to play it lol. No hard feelings if they get traded, its all business.

Message to Jerry move Dak to another team, y'all got each others phone numbers and be sure to send cards to each other during Christmas and each others birthday. Y'all can facetime each other when you miss each other LOL

Its like the Hershel Walker trade. Dak is of no use to the Cowboys in the mean time Miami is getting Fools Gold. Dak looks pretty and shiny but Dak ain't no real gold. Let Miami deal with him and be a .500 team for years to come.

Besides if you give Dak all that money, the team gets weaker year after year when the cowboys don't have enough money to keep key positions.

If the cowboys really wanted to keep Dak he would have gotten a contract during the season. Otherwise Jerry made a bad decision to wait after the season to see players like Mahommes raise the ceiling on QB value. Jerry could have gotten Dak on the cheap had he signed him early or is Jerry pulling petals off the flower …...I want Dak……..I don't want Dak……...I want Dak……….I don't want Dak (LMAO)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's where his money is coming from
Actually no, it's not. His business model insulates the company completely, from results on the field. He makes his money from ad revenue and managing the events at the stadium. Stadium owned by the city of Arlington, the Cowboys only lease it and operate it, keeping all concession, parking, branding (AT&T and others), and gate reciepts for all events hosted. Cowboys swag is a revenue stream that keeps pumping regardless. The team itself barely makes a profit. Everything else is the profit.

He doesn't give a shit about Cowboys fans. He doesn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom