Status
Not open for further replies.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
as the resident self-proclaimed patriots expert if for the only reason being that i live there:

brady is not coming to the cowboys.

you would have to cater the offense entirely to brady. mccarthy/moore are not doing that. youre not going to delete half of your playbook to accommodate a guy who will be losing arm strength on a weekly basis after the 1st month of the season.

and not for nothing but tom brady couldnt give a single shit about mentoring anybody so throw that out of the window. there is ZERO likihood of a "trade dak to draft your next guy & let brady develop him". not going to happen. never happened in NE. not going to happen here.

brady to dallas can only happen in a video game

or brady does dallas might be a movie tho ??

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So what is the possibility that the Cowboys could just trade Dak for Brady? Would NE include a pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So what is the possibility that the Cowboys could just trade Dak for Brady? Would NE include a pick?
Wouldn't need to trade. Brady will be an unrestricted free agent.

We should tag Dak with the non-exclusive tag so he can field offers, and sign Brady. Worst case is nobody bites and we're stuck paying Dak 27 mil for 2020 as a backup. Best case is somebody ponys up and signs him, and has to then give us two first round picks.

This is a fucking no-brainer, there's no way we get hurt.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't need to trade. Brady will be an unrestricted free agent.

We should tag Dak with the non-exclusive tag so he can field offers, and sign Brady. Worst case is nobody bites and we're stuck paying Dak 27 mil for 2020 as a backup. Best case is somebody ponys up and signs him, and has to then give us two first round picks.

This is a fucking no-brainer, there's no way we get hurt.
except youre dealing w/ the joneses, who pretty much cant wipe their own asses w/o getting shit on their fingers

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have this crazy feeling that we sign Dak in the $36-$38 mil range for some reason. It’s just a matter of if it happens before or after Mahomes signs for $40

And all this talk about unicorns and leprechauns is just fantasy. That shit ain’t happening. We ain’t signing Brady!

We ain’t signing any motherfucker who ain’t named Dak

It’s that simple

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I imagine it will be very hard for Jerry to resist the sudden and lasting relevance a Brady signing would bring to the company. He knows he's not going to see another opportunity even close to this, in his lifetime - to have the whole world once again talking about him and his company, for at least a solid year straight, over a player signing.

Pretty sure everyone here knows it ain't happening though. Cooler heads and more reasonable voices in the FO will prevail.

You really want Brady if you're McCarthy? It would put him in a no-win situation. If it worked well and we won a SB, people would be saying it's all because of Brady. If not, if it's a mediocre outcome people will be saying "he couldn't even win with Brady as his QB." So if he is a thinking man he'll be against bringing him in.

It's only intriguing because it's something that only comes along once a generation. Payton Manning was the last comparable situation.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
It's only intriguing because it's something that only comes along once a generation. Payton Manning was the last comparable situation.

Favre situation maybe, but he had already reached the " Let me end our season with a back breaking interception" phase of his career.

Edit: goddammit reading comprehension is important. Manning was in fact the last one. Oh well, fuck Favre anyway.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
Tom Brady to the Cowboys may not be as crazy as it sounds

gettyimages-1184514762-e1581383044982.jpg

Getty Images

Former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin made a stir by saying that that “some very significant people” told him that Tom Brady could sign with Dallas. Despite Irvin’s effort to jam the toothpaste back into the tube, he said what he said and it really may not be as crazy as it sounds.

Even though Irvin took to Twitter to say that the “very significant people” from which he heard the Brady-to-the-‘Boys possibility isn’t Jerry Jones or anyone who works for him, the fact remains that “some very significant people” led Irvin to say that it’s a possibility. So maybe it is.

Consider this: Dak Prescott has the Cowboys by the cujones, and he’s squeezing. Hard. He has rejected all offers on a long-term deal, forcing them to consider the franchise tag. And if he’s tagged, Prescott may stay away from all offseason, training camp, and preseason work, showing up a week before the regular season begin. That would make it very difficult for the team to thrive in the first season of Mike McCarthy’s tenure as head coach.

Meanwhile, Jones remains desperate to win a Super Bowl with a team that he built. Although Prescott has shown that he can thrive as the team’s quarterback for the next decade, Brady has shown that he can win Super Bowls, given that he has six of them. And as much as I think Prescott has earned a massive contract, if the goal is to win a Super Bowl in 2020, Brady may give the Cowboys a better chance to do it — especially if he’d be there from Day One of the offseason program.

It would still be a surprise if the Cowboys tag and trade Prescott while signing Brady. But it’s not as crazy as it seems, given Jones’ burning desire to hoist one more Lombardi in his lifetime. Again, Irvin heard about it from someone who knows something about the NFL. The fact that he so quickly clarified that he heard none of it from the Cowboys (possibly at the behest of the Cowboys) doesn’t change that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cant see it, nor would I really want it. Brady looked pretty damn close to done this year. Some clod in CZ would say "yeah but Brady led them to 12-4!!!!!!!!!!!!". Brady didnt lead them to anything, the best coach of the last 20 years, a great defense and elite special teams led them to 12-4, not Tom Brady. he was strictly along for the ride this year.

Dodger will want to puke, but at this point in their careers Prescott is simply a better player than Brady.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dodger will want to puke, but at this point in their careers Prescott is simply a better player than Brady.

I don't know if Dak's a better player but bringing in Brady when you have no one to develop is silly. Plus Brady is just a bit above average at this point and his skills will continue to decline. I kind of know what I have in both players although Brady gives the team a better shot at the SB, even if that's a long shot.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if Dak's a better player but bringing in Brady when you have no one to develop is silly. Plus Brady is just a bit above average at this point and his skills will continue to decline. I kind of know what I have in both players although Brady gives the team a better shot at the SB, even if that's a long shot.
There in lies my only concern with bringing Brady in is whether our FO has a plan beyond that...I don't want them to get caught in the hoopla and lose sight of the long term...ideal scenario for me is get Brady, non-exclusive tag Dak and then hope he gets an offer from someone, which I think he would, and then parlay the 2 picks either this year for Herbert or next year for Lawrence...I'd love to see what a real QB talent could do with this offense

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There in lies my only concern with bringing Brady in is whether our FO has a plan beyond that...I don't want them to get caught in the hoopla and lose sight of the long term...ideal scenario for me is get Brady, non-exclusive tag Dak and then hope he gets an offer from someone, which I think he would, and then parlay the 2 picks either this year for Herbert or next year for Lawrence...I'd love to see what a real QB talent could do with this offense

What team in your opinion would give up 2 first rounders for Dak?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Evidently, he's already playing for that team.
In other Tom Brady news, read a blurb today that the Pats want Brady to shit or get off the pot about talking to other teams.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well none but I thought the non-exclusive tag would only require 1 first rounder?
If its 2 first rounders then forget it, no one is going to give that up for Dak.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If its 2 first rounders then forget it, no one is going to give that up for Dak.
KC gave up a first and a second for a DE (Frank Clark). A young starting QB like Dak should bring at least that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom