dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What an utterly disappointing night for Republicans. In what should have been a massive rout in the house, we've woke up today to find out that not only is there no massive win, but that they may not even take a small majority control either.

The senate will likely stay the same or may even swing +1 more towards Dems.

It was a great night in Florida, but almost nowhere else.

I'm convinced of a few things:

1) We are one of the most corrupt, dysfunctional countries on the earth. Our elections are a complete joke.

2) The Republicans have to get rid of all the RINO leaders once and for all.

3) I'm convinced Dems don't care about the individual states or how most of those races go. All they care about (and with few exceptions they prove it by where they direct their money) is what happens in Washington so they can continue the abuse of power at a federal level.

4) DeSantis is the Republicans only hope in 2024 and they need to get behind him 100%. This will no doubt create a huge Donald Trump problem, as I kind of wonder if the R's abandon him and move to DeSantis, if Trump might be tempted to run as an independent.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No red wave, maybe not even a red ripple. For Republicans, it was a very disappointing election considering everything. 72% of Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction and yet they elected Democrats again. It is the definition of insanity. We'll see how Democrats react to this surprise. If they go further left, the country is finished. I think it is finished anyway, but that is at least delayed for now.

I think there was some election funny business in Arizona, Michigan, and maybe Pennsylvania. But That is not the reason Republicans lost so many races they should have won. We are dealing with a particularly entrenched Democrat voter. Years ago, there was no chance a candidate like Fetterman could win an election. Yet today, with a non-functioning brain, he won. I think it is an embarrassment to PA, and to the country frankly, but here we are with a Democrat President who is clearly senile and a Democrat senator who has severe brain damage. This is how much Democrats hate Republicans.

Why? Because of years of media bias, brainwashing of our children, targeted immigration, and the deaths of the baby boomers, the generation that was born of parents who fought the last world war to save the freedom for Europe and Asia. There has been no serious threat to our freedom since. Today the slow erosion of our freedoms is actually demanded by the modern Democrat voter.

Also, I wonder if the migration of people from the north to places like Texas and Florida has left the northern states even more blue, while turned Florida more red.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, I wonder if the migration of people from the north to places like Texas and Florida has left the northern states even more blue, while turned Florida more red.
Indeed. On FOX they were talking about the massive amount of people who have left NY in recent months and how that likely cost Zeldin a legit chance to win. They also had several house seats that were thought to be near locks for R's that they've either lost or are in a toss up situation now.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
What an utterly disappointing night for Republicans. In what should have been a massive rout in the house, we've woke up today to find out that not only is there no massive win, but that they may not even take a small majority control either.

The senate will likely stay the same or may even swing +1 more towards Dems.

It was a great night in Florida, but almost nowhere else.

I'm convinced of a few things:

1) We are one of the most corrupt, dysfunctional countries on the earth. Our elections are a complete joke.

2) The Republicans have to get rid of all the RINO leaders once and for all.

3) I'm convinced Dems don't care about the individual states or how most of those races go. All they care about (and with few exceptions they prove it by where they direct their money) is what happens in Washington so they can continue the abuse of power at a federal level.

4) DeSantis is the Republicans only hope in 2024 and they need to get behind him 100%. This will no doubt create a huge Donald Trump problem, as I kind of wonder if the R's abandon him and move to DeSantis, if Trump might be tempted to run as an independent.

I am glad you said this because I agree. Trump is a huge problem for the Republican party. He is our Hillary Clinton in the sense that he is so polarizing. It is not that I don't like Trump or his politics. Quite the opposite. But he energizes the other side, the way Hillary energized Republicans. His popularity even in the Republican party is waning. He went so far as to take a shot at Ron DeSantis 3 days before the elections. DeSantis won anyway but it showed how self-centered Trump is. While Republican voters went to be disappointed last night, Trump was using social media to proclaim what a great night he had posting his wins and losses. We need unity in the Republican party. We need to give people hope of something better. It is not Trump's fault. The media has gone all out, lying constantly to taint him and it has had an effect.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Where do the stupidest people in America reside?

Props, you are beyond the most pathetic and ignorant people that have ever existed.

The districts of these people.

• Members of the progressive “Squad” were re-elected in their respective seats: Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., Cori Bush, D-Mo., and Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Where do the stupidest people in America reside?

Props, you are beyond the most pathetic and ignorant people that have ever existed.

The districts of these people.

• Members of the progressive “Squad” were re-elected in their respective seats: Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., Cori Bush, D-Mo., and Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y.

It has to be Pennsylvania where a guy who died won and so did brain dead Fetterman.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I let several people within the R party know today that I will not be putting dollars behind the national party anymore until they have new leadership, and preferably new leadership that supports term limits for the Congress and Senate.

Not putting this into the original Constitution is maybe the only thing the Founders fucked up.

NO MORE CAREER POLITICIANS

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I let several people within the R party know today that I will not be putting dollars behind the national party anymore until they have new leadership, and preferably new leadership that supports term limits for the Congress and Senate.

Not putting this into the original Constitution is maybe the only thing the Founders fucked up.

NO MORE CAREER POLITICIANS

I used to be against term limits because I believed that the people are the term limiters. But we have shown we will vote for the incumbent how has been in Washington for 40 years rather than a new guy. The problem is, the party determines who gets to run in a primary and who get the money to campaign. So now I believe term limits are necessary to end corruption in our government.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
A couple of my observations from the election.

The polls for the most part, were pretty accurate this time. The races that were close in the polls turned out to be close in the election. Democrats with small leads in the polls won in the elections by small margins. Oz, Bolduc, Dixon, etc. were all behind by slim margins in the polls and lost. Why we assumed they would win is something we need to look at.

Which brings me to the theoretical shy Trump supporters. These are the people some pollsters said would not answer polls because they did not want to admit they supported Trump. Some pollsters cautioned that these voters were undercounted in the poll results so Republicans could have more support than the polls showed. It turns out this was not the case. We did not see Trump voters in excess of the poll responses. Many predicted a red wave because these voters would show up on election day.

Bad Republican candidates are not going to win no matter who endorses them. They have to win on their own merits. Dr. Oz was a flawed candidate who barely won the primary because Republicans in PA did not trust him to be a reliable Republican. I don't think it is the same for Democrats. Dem voters will vote for anyone with a D next to their names, Kathy Hochul is awful. Fetterman has obvious brain damage, Biden is clearly senile. AOC is as dumb as a rock. Ilhan Omar hates America, hates Jews and has lots of other personal baggage. It does not bother Democrats that these people are so flawed. As I posed. Democrats in PA elected a guys who died to office this election. This is no joke. They voted for a corpse. Another opportunity for Biden to ask, "where is he? Is he here?"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like they just called Wisconsin officially for Ron Johnson.

Herschel is officially going to run a off with Warnock, so ala 2020 the senate may very well come down to a GA runoff that should probably not have happened.

Adam Laxalt has nearly 50% of the vote and looks like he may be in good shape to win. If so he gets us to 50, with only Herschel (GA) and Masters (AZ) remaining.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Herschel is officially going to run a off with Warnock, so ala 2020 the senate may very well come down to a GA runoff that should probably not have happened.

Adam Laxalt has nearly 50% of the vote and looks like he may be in good shape to win. If so he gets us to 50, with only Herschel (GA) and Masters (AZ) remaining.

I hope Masters pull it out because I do not trust Georgia with a runoff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope Masters pull it out because I do not trust Georgia with a runoff.
Nope, same MO for them as two years ago.

Kemp came out yesterday though and said he believes Herschel will win. There will be a massive turnout I think too, and that should bode well for us.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Murkowski is going to a ranked-choice runoff too, against Kelly Tshibaka, also a Republican But Murkowski is a Democrat as far as I am concerned and McConnell threw tons of money into her campaign. But she needs to go. If she loses then we can feel safer knowing there is one less traitor to vote against her party if the Republicans get a small majority. We still have Collins and Romney to worry about too.

I don't usually make donations to politicians but I am considering sending some money to Walker's campaign.

Top Bottom