Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The tweets don’t appear like they did on the other board

All they show is the link, and when I click on it nothing happens

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I don't think this is overly earth shattering information. Schultz is the only TE we have that I think has some upside, and he may be a career #2. Jarwin is more of a receiver only, and Gathers is an utter waste of roster space.

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would agree with most here. Our biggest needs are safety and offensive line . With the exception of our corners I believe our secondary is horrible . Jeff Heath is atrocious and Xavier woods can lay the lumber but his ball skills are horrible . The offensive line got their asses whipped by the front line of the rams in that playoff game . I was extremely disappointed with rookie Conner Williams all season long and Laiell Collins was a penalty machine .

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I would agree with most here. Our biggest needs are safety and offensive line . With the exception of our corners I believe our secondary is horrible . Jeff Heath is atrocious and Xavier woods can lay the lumber but his ball skills are horrible . The offensive line got their asses whipped by the front line of the rams in that playoff game . I was extremely disappointed with rookie Conner Williams all season long and Laiell Collins was a penalty machine .
They need a 1T on D Line. A position they dont wanna address. An upgrade at the 3T wouldnt hurt either.

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They need a 1T on D Line. A position they dont wanna address. An upgrade at the 3T wouldnt hurt either.
With the exception of that rams game , I believe the defensive line play was astounding . Pressure on the QB was constant all year . Run stopping was above average . I was referring to more of the “ immediate impact “ of getting better at the safety position . A better ball skill and tackling safety, I think that puts our defense now towards the top 3 .

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Umm, no. "Astounding" is more like the Bears DL. Ours was well below average actually.
Mack and hicks are a huge problem... hicks was affordable when he hit FA after he left the pats. Wish he was on DALs radar

Reaction score

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m not as concerned about the TE position as I was midway thru the season. Jarwin seemed to come on late in the season and show some promise

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With the exception of that rams game , I believe the defensive line play was astounding .

With the exception of that final voyage, the Titanic was a fine ship.

The DL flopped all night and were getting mauled. No pressure whatsoever. I get it, they had the wrong cleats.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Our biggest needs are safety and offensive line . The offensive line got their asses whipped by the front line of the rams in that playoff game . I was extremely disappointed with rookie Conner Williams all season long and Laiell Collins was a penalty machine .

The OL will be vastly better with Frederick back and C Williams having a full yr to gobble cheeseburgers/steak/potatoes and kill it in the gym. Collins does need to improve but he is not awful. Having Martin and T Smith 100% will also be a big boost.

If you read the tea leaves on the interwebs, it seems like some are hinting Williams could end up at C. If that happened, obviously Fred would move into the LG spot.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Travis Frederick is expected to make the off season training timeline and seems to be progressing in his recovery

That’s some good news. Hopefully he remains on track and is available to start the season at 100%

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess the good news is at least he wouldn't be the QB coach anymore.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys have considered promoting QBs coach Kellen Moore to offensive coordinator.

Moore joins TEs coach Doug Nussmeier as one of the leading in-house candidates to replace Scott Linehan, who was let go on Friday. The Cowboys have also been linked to Georgia OC James Coley. A Boise State product, Moore spent six seasons in the league as a backup quarterback including three with Dallas before joining the coaching ranks last season. If Moore takes over as offensive coordinator, the Cowboys could target Jon Kitna to replace him as QBs coach.

Top Bottom