MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So we frontload the bulk of that guaranteed money this year which means years 2-5 he's around $17m/year average.

Another way to look at it - this is basically a 3 year 'minimum' deal for $65 million (~$21m/year) which is going to look like a massive steal in another year or two when players of his caliber (and less, tbh) are getting 25/year deals

It is essentially a 3 yr/$65 mil deal. Year 4 and 5 of the contract are non-guaranteed. Worst case scenario they could cut him after year 3 with zero impact on the cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tank is set to have his surgery next week. I’m glad to see that he’s not fucking around and waiting to get it done

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Tank is set to have his surgery next week. I’m glad to see that he’s not fucking around and waiting to get it done

Best case scenario he’ll be back by the end of camp.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Best case scenario he’ll be back by the end of camp.

Let’s hope so

I just have a feeling he is going to take longer to recover than expected

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Let’s hope so

I just have a feeling he is going to take longer to recover than expected

Worst case scenario I believe it’s still October. That would be a 6 month recovery.

Cortlan

Spectator
Reaction score
It is essentially a 3 yr/$65 mil deal. Year 4 and 5 of the contract are non-guaranteed. Worst case scenario they could cut him after year 3 with zero impact on the cap.

As prev said.

Cortlan

Spectator
Reaction score
So is the team jockstrap collector

Neither of them are on the roster or going to be on the field next season

He may not be on the field, but Gregory is on the roster. Someone else didn’t get that reserve spot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He wants a 6 year 140 million dollar contract with 85 Mil Guaranteed. That's 23.3 a year. We're also not getting shit for him in a trade let alone a 1st and a 3rd. We'd be lucky to get a 4th and that's wishful thinking. He has priced himself at Mack level, so all teams have to do is wait it out and sign him for that or less without giving up any picks in the off season.

Wow, talk about misinformed. Zoner quality stuff here dude.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Worst case scenario I believe it’s still October. That would be a 6 month recovery.

Where are you getting this stuff from? The articles posted on this the other day said he'd likely be playing in preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence will undergo shoulder surgery next week.
The Cowboys knew about Lawrence's shoulder before signing him to a five-year extension. Lawrence will miss OTAs but should be on track for training camp. There's no concern over his Week 1 status.

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
Apr 6, 2019, 3:02 PM

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You were grossly misinformed then

What are you hearing then? Don’t just say someone is wrong, try actually contributing to the conversation.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Where are you getting this stuff from? The articles posted on this the other day said he'd likely be playing in preseason.

Sports talk. Bryan Brodus, Mike Basik, and those guys said that the recovery time is anywhere from 3-6 months. That would put him 2-3 weeks into camp at best and October as the worst case. You must be reading the Cowboys website if you’re hearing that he’s going to be playing in preseason. His recovery time would need to be about 2-2 1/2 months for him to be ready to play in preseason. I would be shocked if he’s playing any preseason games.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence will undergo shoulder surgery next week.
The Cowboys knew about Lawrence's shoulder before signing him to a five-year extension. Lawrence will miss OTAs but should be on track for training camp. There's no concern over his Week 1 status.

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
Apr 6, 2019, 3:02 PM

I will still be surprised if he plays in any preseason games. The dress rehearsal MAYBE but definitely not the majority of preseason. It will be great if he is ready by week 1 but I’ll believe it when I see it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reports are that Lawrence's agent was working on deals with two AFC teams. Dallas must have given permission for DLaw to try and get a trade and new deal elsewhere.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Reports are that Lawrence's agent was working on deals with two AFC teams. Dallas must have given permission for DLaw to try and get a trade and new deal elsewhere.

Colts and? Who else has a ton of cap space and picks to spare?

Top Bottom