MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This is some serious b/s dude. How do you know they haven't made legit long term deal offers to him? (Hint, they've made at least one since the end of the season, it made the news) Just because he hasn't signed one of them doesn't mean they weren't legit offers. Or are you suggesting they shouldn't have franchised him again, and took the chance that the best defensive player on the team could walk without us getting anything?

or maybe you were ok with the Cowboys just saying "now Demarcus, here's a blank check, you just fill in whatever numbers you feel you warrant, we're good"

Jerry has always said that deadlines make deals. It’s obvious that’s what they’re doing here. Yes they made him an offer, and again it’s obvious it was a lowball offer or he would have signed it. Do I want them to just hand him a blank check? No but the longer they wait to sign him the longer it’s going to take for him to get back on the field after he has his shoulder surgery.

They obviously HAD to franchise him to avoid letting him walk for nothing but come, get this shit done already so we can move on with the other signings. They still need to get Cooper signed and make a decision on Byron Jones. In my opinion it would have been better to pay Lawrence and then franchise Jones in order to trade him because the one that they are likely going to let walk without any compensation (other than a comp pick in 2020).

You guys are going to flip your kids when they pay Dak $27-$30 mil a year, which is the current rumor.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No hard feelings. He was a nifty little receiver for us and I wish him well.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lawrence back still concerns me so I dont have a problem franchising him, or if another team makes a stupid offer trading him, not winning with or without him so.....

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now that Beasley is no longer a Cowboy he will pretty much never be heard from again. Especially in Buffalo

I doubt we see a Single Beasley highlight this upcoming season on the NFL Network

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry has always said that deadlines make deals. It’s obvious that’s what they’re doing here. Yes they made him an offer, and again it’s obvious it was a lowball offer or he would have signed it. Do I want them to just hand him a blank check? No but the longer they wait to sign him the longer it’s going to take for him to get back on the field after he has his shoulder surgery.

They obviously HAD to franchise him to avoid letting him walk for nothing but come, get this shit done already so we can move on with the other signings. They still need to get Cooper signed and make a decision on Byron Jones. In my opinion it would have been better to pay Lawrence and then franchise Jones in order to trade him because the one that they are likely going to let walk without any compensation (other than a comp pick in 2020).

You guys are going to flip your kids when they pay Dak $27-$30 mil a year, which is the current rumor.

Again, that's an utter b/s take dude. it's called "negotiating" Your saying the only offer that would have been legit is one he would have signed, what if he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league? What if he is asking for a deal that totally resets the entire market?

They tried to pay Lawrence, he didn't like the first deal they offered.

As for Jones, they don't need to franchise him now. He has 1 more yr.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lawrence back still concerns me so I dont have a problem franchising him, or if another team makes a stupid offer trading him, not winning with or without him so.....

He's been healthy for two years since the last surgery, he even played through a major shoulder injury.

I think he deserves a long term deal here, but I do agree with them being prudent on this. They have a bunch of guys due large extensions, they have to be smart about this otherwise we'll be back to cap hell pretty quick.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
remember this former cowboy ?

Being a Dallas Cowboy can ruin your life!

How many does that make now that leave the team and their life just seems to fall apart?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok spending money on people that dallas doesnt even use on gameday

bold strategy, lets see how it plays out

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Hey Jerrah... what you do speaks so loudly I can’t hear what you say. You’re not interested in winning..just stringing a hungry fan base along with the same ole same ole. I pray you see a Super Bowl before the Good Lord calls your number. I know Jeff Heath is breathing a sigh of relief today!

Top Bottom