Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
67afd4013214924259b2652d0b8bd703.png

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
12 pages of I am sure sheer Zoner stupidity in that "Brees v Romo" thread.

This is a debate? Fucking really?

Reaction score
12 pages of I am sure sheer Zoner stupidity in that "Brees v Romo" thread.

This is a debate? Fucking really?

I just got done reading it. My god some of those guys are seriously retarded. Romo is the most overrated player in Cowboys history. Dez is probably next.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would 7-9 get Red fired? Any chance?

I don't think there's any question he's gone if they fail to make the playoffs again.

Honestly barring a rash of injuries to the most important guys, I think he has to win at least 1 playoff game and maybe at LEAST get to a conference championship. If he doesn't I don't see how drunken GM can sell fans on 2019 with a coach that's failed in all but two of his 8 1/2 seasons as HC.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think there's any question he's gone if they fail to make the playoffs again.

Honestly barring a rash of injuries to the most important guys, I think he has to win at least 1 playoff game and maybe at LEAST get to a conference championship. If he doesn't I don't see how drunken GM can sell fans on 2019 with a coach that's failed in all but two of his 8 1/2 seasons as HC.

You believe he hasn't failed in all 8 1/2 seasons? How are you defining success?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You believe he hasn't failed in all 8 1/2 seasons? How are you defining success?

12-4 and 13-3 are good seasons. They didn't make the soup bowl either year, but they won the division and overall had a good season. Both those seasons they were one of the best teams in the league.

I don't think the team won 12 and 13 games because of Garrett by the way. But those seasons were not "failures" either.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
12-4 and 13-3 are good seasons. They didn't make the soup bowl either year, but they won the division and overall had a good season. Both those seasons they were one of the best teams in the league.

I don't think the team won 12 and 13 games because of Garrett by the way. But those seasons were not "failures" either.

A successful season in Dallas ends with the hoisting of the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

The occasional fluke 11 and up wins isn't any degree of success.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A successful season in Dallas ends with the hoisting of the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

The occasional fluke 11 and up wins isn't any degree of success.

That was the standard definition of "success" when Landry and Jimmy were the coaches.

That's not the standard anymore, clearly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That was the standard definition of "success" when Landry and Jimmy were the coaches.

That's not the standard anymore, clearly.
There's only ONE definition.

Think of it as a ladder climb. No matter how many rungs up you go, if you fall off at any point your climb was a failure. Success is when you are standing on the roof, looking down at the ladder. Did two, three or four rungs break off on your way up? That's okay as long as you didn't fall. You climbed thirteen rungs before falling off? Even fourteen? That's not any better or any more successful than just three or four.

I don't use the word "success" when it comes to falling off ladders, and there's no reason to use it when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys failing to win the Lombardi..

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's only ONE definition.

Think of it as a ladder climb. No matter how many rungs up you go, if you fall off at any point your climb was a failure. Success is when you are standing on the roof, looking down at the ladder. Did two, three or four rungs break off on your way up? That's okay as long as you didn't fall. You climbed thirteen rungs before falling off? Even fourteen? That's not any better or any more successful than just three or four.

I don't use the word "success" when it comes to falling off ladders, and there's no reason to use it when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys failing to win the Lombardi..

you sound like a patriots fan

Top Bottom