Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
c531ed027d272ff9d06d988f5a39e17b.png

Sorry to ruin everyone’s hopes and dreams. LOL

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sorry to ruin everyone’s hopes and dreams.
Saw that yesterday. It's meaningless. It doesn't ruin anything. What does anyone expect him to say, in answer to that question?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Saw that yesterday. It's meaningless. It doesn't ruin anything. What does anyone expect him to say, in answer to that question?

That it’s time to put up or shut up after all these years of mediocrity

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Holy shit

Is it really only 13 days before the first pre-season game?

That seems crazy!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There are sooooo many questions heading into this season that need to be answered

It’s a make or break type season for a number of players.

Dak- can he become the franchise QB that they hope him to be? Maybe and then again maybe not. This is his make it or break it season. He needs to prove he IS the next franchise QB

D-Law- can he repeat his performance from last season and more importantly can he stay healthy and on the field for the entire season to give himself the chance to prove he deserves a big payday after this season and after being franchise tagged

T Willy- broken foot? Drunk car crash, pure idiot! is he worth a shit and even worth keeping on the team

Taco- what would he have to do this season to prove he was worth a 1st round pick last season? What would satisfy you so you wouldn’t consider him a blown pick? 5 sacks, 7 sacks, 10 sacks? What would it take to feel good about his pick?

Jaylon Smith- is he finally healthy? Can he FINALLY get back to his old self and show that he was worth taking the chance on with the second round pick? If you ask Jaylon he will tell you he is better now than he was at ND. Only time will tell if he is correct

Sean Lee- can he stay healthy for an entire season? Unlikely as he has never done it before.

T. Smith- is his back good to go for the entire season?

Randy Gregory- can he get back to his old self? Granted he’s only had one career sack so beating his season high sack total wouldn’t take much. 1 to tie his career total and 2 to double it. Can he prove that all this time, money and effort put into him since was drafted was worth it?

Rico Gathers- had some early pre-season success last year. Then gets a concussion and is ok to return by week 7. But the coaching staff doesn’t feel he’s ready and they keep him out the rest of the season.

David Irvin- suspended? drug rehab? Missing training camp? What is he going to be able to do this season? He is on a prove it year too.

WR unit- can Sanjay turn this rag tag group into something passable for the season?

DB unit- can Kris Richard take this young group and turn them into something? Can he replicate his success that he has in Seattle and build a strong or even dominant group here in Dallas? Only time will tell.

OL unit- can the O-Line get back to being dominant?

Sure there are always question like these that need to be answered heading into pre-season. But it seems like this season there are a lot more make or break type questions than there usually would be.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah vs. SF at their place.

You might be able to get tickets!

Not worth the six hour plus drive to go see a pre-season game. Hell, I’d have a hard time talking myself into doing it for a regular season game unless it had playoff implications.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Scot, remember we have LVE now. Can't you just smell that Lombardi Trophy?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I forgot all about him to be honest. I could care less about LVE until the kid proves he’s worth a damn. If he blows up in training camp then I’ll pay attention to him

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
c531ed027d272ff9d06d988f5a39e17b.png

Sorry to ruin everyone’s hopes and dreams. LOL

I’ve been saying this since last year. Red still has 1 more year on his contract so he will be here until at least then.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That it’s time to put up or shut up after all these years of mediocrity

The biggest joke I’ve heard people close to the team saying is that this is a “process” oriented team. Not a “results” oriented team. It’s just all about the process.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

Jeruh could walk in and catch Garrett bending his grandson John Steven Jones over his office desk and pounding away and Jeruh would just smack Garrett on the ass and tell him what a good job he was doing

There isn’t anything that Garrett could do that would cause good ole Jeruh to fire him

Clearly!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There are sooooo many questions heading into this season that need to be answered

It’s a make or break type season for a number of players.

Dak- can he become the franchise QB that they hope him to be? Maybe and then again maybe not. This is his make it or break it season. He needs to prove he IS the next franchise QB

D-Law- can he repeat his performance from last season and more importantly can he stay healthy and on the field for the entire season to give himself the chance to prove he deserves a big payday after this season and after being franchise tagged

T Willy- broken foot? Drunk car crash, pure idiot! is he worth a shit and even worth keeping on the team

Taco- what would he have to do this season to prove he was worth a 1st round pick last season? What would satisfy you so you wouldn’t consider him a blown pick? 5 sacks, 7 sacks, 10 sacks? What would it take to feel good about his pick?

Jaylon Smith- is he finally healthy? Can he FINALLY get back to his old self and show that he was worth taking the chance on with the second round pick? If you ask Jaylon he will tell you he is better now than he was at ND. Only time will tell if he is correct

Sean Lee- can he stay healthy for an entire season? Unlikely as he has never done it before.

T. Smith- is his back good to go for the entire season?

Randy Gregory- can he get back to his old self? Granted he’s only had one career sack so beating his season high sack total wouldn’t take much. 1 to tie his career total and 2 to double it. Can he prove that all this time, money and effort put into him since was drafted was worth it?

Rico Gathers- had some early pre-season success last year. Then gets a concussion and is ok to return by week 7. But the coaching staff doesn’t feel he’s ready and they keep him out the rest of the season.

David Irvin- suspended? drug rehab? Missing training camp? What is he going to be able to do this season? He is on a prove it year too.

WR unit- can Sanjay turn this rag tag group into something passable for the season?

DB unit- can Kris Richard take this young group and turn them into something? Can he replicate his success that he has in Seattle and build a strong or even dominant group here in Dallas? Only time will tell.

OL unit- can the O-Line get back to being dominant?

Sure there are always question like these that need to be answered heading into pre-season. But it seems like this season there are a lot more make or break type questions than there usually would be.

Crazy to think that Taco has more career sacks than Randy Gregory.

Taco will need to be at or near 10 sacks to not be considered a bust (as a 1st round pick) in my opinion.

What’s up with Tapper? Is he still on the team?

Top Bottom