Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I keep seeing this question asked and haven't seen any answer yet.

"Why don't the activists, the race baiters, and the democrat politicians ever decry inner city black-on-black gun violence, which by far is the bulk of gun violence in this country?"

I think the answer might be that this type of gun violence helps feed their narrative that we have too much gun violence. They cite total firearm-involved murder numbers which of course are greatly inflated by the inner-city warfare that takes place 24/7/365 and mostly in cities with the most strict gun control laws. If they didn't count those, our gun crimes numbers actually are much closer to places like Australia.

Or is it that they don't want to address this, because it clearly shows their stricter gun controls don't work?

Or is it a combination of both, or something else entirely? Surely, the thousands of blacks killed by inner-city firearms assaults can't be okay with them. Don't those black lives matter?

One partial solution I thought of was to make the existing federal felon in possession of a firearm law, much more strict - like a 20 year beef instead of the five it is now, and make it mandatory - no deals get cut, to give it a lot more teeth. This law typically is used today mostly as a bargaining chip, not actually prosecuted very often. I doubt we'd find a bunch of people objecting to felons who are caught in possession of a firearm getting put away for a good long time - and over some years it would definitely start cleaning up the mess that the inner cities are. Put these fucks in jail, not back out on the streets.

Discuss.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't think someone with a felony weed case should have to do a 20 year stretch for having a gun. That's fucked up.

Black lives matter, yo. But only the minority of the time they're killed by a cop, which has to count for .00000001% of the time a black person is killed by a gun.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think someone with a felony weed case should have to do a 20 year stretch for having a gun. That's fucked up.
After getting out of prison for the felony, this person then gets a gun illegally, and is caught with it. What do you think this perp should get?

"Felony weed case" is gonna be lots of weed either possessing or caught growing. Having personal use amount on you isn't a felony, anywhere.

You think certain felony crimes should be exempt from the firearms ban?

Here's the thing - when you decide to commit a felony crime, you are playing a game of craps and the stake is some of your rights - the right to vote, the right to keep and bear arms, not to mention personal liberty and freedom. When you lose this game of craps, you don't think you should lose what you staked?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I couldn't focus long enough to read the post. Is there a question in there?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One thing comes to mind with your 20 year mandatory gun felony bid

Prison for profit

Our prisons are over flowing as it is

Where the hell would we house all these new "long term" felons?

I'm all for it

I just don't see a way we could physically handle the influx of long timers

If a law like that ever passed I'm immediately investing in all these new prisons

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Prison for profit

I'm all for it

If a law like that ever passed I'm immediately investing in all these new prisons

we got islands in the pacific- have our own Devils Island for the worst of the worst and a couple others for the not so bad.

Cheap relatively speaking and we certainly would not have to wory about escapes or guards and if the numbies riot who cares.

I have never had any sympathy for those stupid enough to do drugs and they deserve none. We need fewer stupid people breeding and that would be one way to reduce the problem.

The worst? why should anyone care? I see all this garbage about making executions so painless, etc. WHY? Think of the victims? All those anti death penaly A holes never talk about the innocent VICTIMS.

I think a murderer should be executed in exactly the same way as he killed his victim. An eye for an eye.

As regards the black on black problem of course no liberal wants to face the truth that they bring this on themselves. Its ALWAYS someone elses fault. Johnsons so called war on poverty only made sure that there would be generation after generation on welfare and destroyed the black family unit. Which is the reason for what we have now. That and the so called black culture that reveres gangsters and looks down on education.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Prison for profit

I'm all for it

You're assuming 20 years wouldn't be a big deterrent, especially when we throw in a national no questions asked buy back to announce the new penalty. Give 'em all a chance to voluntarily turn those firearms in and get cash for them.

What exactly is wrong with 'prison for profit' instead of letting it be a huge tax burden? The companies aren't doing the sentencing and are regulated exactly like publicly funded prisons are.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The worst? why should anyone care? I see all this garbage about making executions so painless, etc. WHY? Think of the victims? All those anti death penaly A holes never talk about the innocent VICTIMS.

I think a murderer should be executed in exactly the same way as he killed his victim. An eye for an eye.

This. Especially the ones where there is no possible question regarding the evidence or the person admits it. Just fucking put the person to death immediately instead of wasting tax payers dollars defending the loser, appeals, incarceration and all the upkeep that goes with that etc etc.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're assuming 20 years wouldn't be a big deterrent, especially when we throw in a national no questions asked buy back to announce the new penalty. Give 'em all a chance to voluntarily turn those firearms in and get cash for them.

What exactly is wrong with 'prison for profit' instead of letting it be a huge tax burden? The companies aren't doing the sentencing and are regulated exactly like publicly funded prisons are.

I didn't say I had a problem with prison for profit

I'm just saying we are going to need a shit ton of new prisons just to house all the extra felons that would normally get a 5 year bid, then be out in 2-3 to help with over crowding

I'm all for a mandatory 20 year non negotiable bid for a firearm felony. No getting out with good behavior, no reduced sentencing in exchange for testimony

You know ahead of time that if you "choose" to commit a felony using a firearm and get caught that you will be doing a 20 year bid no matter what, well that just sounds like one hell of a deterrent to me. Maybe we can get back to the good old days of when gang members just beat the shit out of each other instead of shooting each other (and others)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm just saying we are going to need a shit ton of new prisons just to house all the extra felons that would normally get a 5 year bid, then be out in 2-3 to help with over crowding
Like I said, that's assuming the new 20 year federal beef wouldn't be a great deterrent. "5 years maybe" sure isn't.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Of course, you might have a point here - clearly the most stringent gun control laws in the country, for these inner-cities haven't deterred shooters. The risk of getting shot, hasn't deterred these shooters. Why would a 20 year beef hanging over their heads deter them?

That's why you make it 20 years - put them away, they are now deterred.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Of course, you might have a point here - clearly the most stringent gun control laws in the country, for these inner-cities haven't deterred shooters. The risk of getting shot, hasn't deterred these shooters. Why would a 20 year beef hanging over their heads deter them?

That's why you make it 20 years - put them away, they are now deterred.

I think the only ppl the 20 mandatory bid will actually deter is the occasional wanna be bad ass. You know the type, he's the guy who wants to be the bad ass and takes out a gun to "prove himself" and does something dumb

But stupid is as stupid does, there will always be those career type criminals. The ones who are in and out of prison their entire life multiple times. Those are the ones the 20 year mandatory bid will have the most impact on. No longer will they be able to pop in and out of prison repeatedly throughout their entire life. I would hope that one 20 year bid would be enough to straighten them up. Of course that's not always going to be the case. So the dumbass gets out and buys himself another 20 year bid. Fine by me. So he's processed twice instead of 3-5 or more times in his lifetime. Plus you have less of these types out on the streets teaching the youngins how to be a bad ass like they are so in turn you have less overall career criminals

I would think the 20 year mandatory bid should decrease the overall number of "career criminals" or at the very least cut their careers short in the long run

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Plus you have less of these types out on the streets teaching the youngins how to be a bad ass like they are so in turn you have less overall career criminals
Yeah when the "badass" is in prison, that's not really too inspirational to the younguns.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The way the prisons work now is a minor criminal goes in and 2-3 years later a hardened criminal comes out. They are basically gang member training camps

At least with a 20 year bid the harder criminal coming out will be a minimum of 38 years old (if they went in at 18)

Hopefully with age comes some wisdom, or at least less of a desire to be a "badass"

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The way the prisons work now is a minor criminal goes in and 2-3 years later a hardened criminal comes out. They are basically gang member training camps

At least with a 20 year bid the harder criminal coming out will be a minimum of 38 years old (if they went in at 18)

Hopefully with age comes some wisdom, or at least less of a desire to be a "badass"

we do need a way much better then we have for when they get out to transition them back into society so that they have a real chance of straightening out. As it is right now it hardly works at all.

Actually it needs to be a two tiered system. Clear cases where someone is just biding his time to do more bad things when they get out vs someone who actually gets it. We need to be able to handle both.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree that there needs to be a better system to reform the inmate

The entire idea of the prison system is to reform individual while they are in prison. To give them tools to better help them assimilate into society.

Hopefully keeping a small time criminal from becoming a big time or career criminal

As it stands now that concept is pretty much a complete failure. There are programs in place but as we can all plainly see, they hardly ever work.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Black on black violence is completely ignored by both our president(little p on purpose) and the main stream media because it does not drive their divisive agenda.

Top Bottom