Reaction score
Main problem I had with SW 7 is the blatant Mary Sue character that is godmode in everything. Notice how she combines and surpasses all the abilities of the original adventuring group? No need for a pilot, hacker, mechanic, linguist, or Jedi with godmode chick. Can't even make a credible adversary for her now either.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Main problem I had with SW 7 is the blatant Mary Sue character that is godmode in everything. Notice how she combines and surpasses all the abilities of the original adventuring group? No need for a pilot, hacker, mechanic, linguist, or Jedi with godmode chick. Can't even make a credible adversary for her now either.
Can't possibly have a female character anymore that's in any way realistic. You'd be very politically incorrect if you did.

They screw up all the good stuff, with their politics.

Reaction score
Can't possibly have a female character anymore that's in any way realistic. You'd be very politically incorrect if you did.

They screw up all the good stuff, with their politics.

Just horrible story telling by Abrams. Long term is shot because of the Mary Sue, and the thinly veiled remake-yet-not-a-remake just screams quick cash grab, because let's face it. You could take the movie "Ass" from Idiocracy, and rename it "Star Wars Episode 8: Ass", and it would make hundreds of millions in profit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just horrible story telling by Abrams. Long term is shot because of the Mary Sue, and the thinly veiled remake-yet-not-a-remake just screams quick cash grab, because let's face it. You could take the movie "Ass" from Idiocracy, and rename it "Star Wars Episode 8: Ass", and it would make hundreds of millions in profit.
Yup. Plus there's millions of idiot Abrams fanbois who happily pay to watch his unimaginative, mostly "re-imagined" crap. Love that term by the way, re-imagined. Actually means we have no actual imagination, no original ideas, and are not all that different from Jesse's two friends Badger and Skinny Pete, in 'Breaking Bad' sitting around making up Star trek episodes.

Breaking Bad - Badger and Skinny Pete - Star Trek pie eating contest - YouTube

If you have never seen this scene you really have to, this is exactly how Abrams and his crew and the ilk, come up with their moronic ideas.

Due to CGI, really all they do now is write their "scripts" to the visuals they want to film. They tell the story to the visuals, instead of the visuals being needed because of the story.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Sundance is showing the entire run of Breaking Bad.
4 episodes at a time every Wednesday night.
Not sure why but it's edited somewhat.
Mostly for language and so far I have not noticed continuity problems.
To me it's still just as good as the first time I saw it.
Last watched was season 2,ep.5 where Walt tells Jesse he has to take care of Skinny Pete getting ripped off.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
49940748842_0526eb24e1_o.jpg

Top Bottom