Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If Jerruh had gotten his way and Midget Manziel was our first pick? Everything else the same, lost Romo and Dez, but had Johnny Football to trot out there these last few games.

Although I don't like him at all, I am pretty sure he is better than anything we've had under center since Romo went down. And, possibility that if he is playing every week, his off-field issues don't show up?

Discuss.

Reaction score
I haven't seen the browns play so I can't speak to what kind of player he is.

That said, he's had off the field issues in Cleveland. No way he would've survived in Dallas. There likely would've been a suspension already.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I could tolerate losing if it's with a young QB who is developing towards something.

My problem with drafting Manziel last year was the circus it would have created here. If Money Manziel gets cut or the Browns were willing to deal him for a 7th, I'd take him (Everlasting now loves me). I think this experience has humbled him and at the same time, a lot more people realize exactly what Romo is to this team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I haven't seen the browns play so I can't speak to what kind of player he is.
He started for the Brown Bugs tonight, and is giving the 7-0 Bungles, fits. He is 1-0 as a NFL starting QB.
My problem with drafting Manziel last year was the circus it would have created here. If Money Manziel gets cut or the Browns were willing to deal him for a 7th, I'd take him (Everlasting now loves me). I think this experience has humbled him and at the same time, a lot more people realize exactly what Romo is to this team.
We now know Jerruh wanted him, and was either talked out of it or overridden by Stevie. The way the Midget is playing tonight, and us staring at a six game losing streak, I bet Jerruh is getting all boozed up and telling Stevie, "See, I fucking told you so."

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Jerry still thinks today that Manziel should have been taken over Zack Martin he is dumber than any of us imagined.

Reaction score
If Jerry still thinks today that Manziel should have been taken over Zack Martin he is dumber than any of us imagined.

Not dumb. You don't get where he is in life being dumb.

He just prioritizes marketing angles and his ego over winning on Sundays.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Eight dropped passes when wide open, four of them by one guy I would cut on the plane ride home, doomed Manziel's efforts tonight. That and the fact the Cleveland D could never really stop Cincy consistently. But, quarterback wasn't the Brown Bugs problem tonight.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Martin was a key contributor to our 12-4 team last year and was one of three convincing factors why Jerry needed to take the oline more serious. Leading to his aggressive approach with Collins. So you take Martin out of that equation... Who knows where we'd be at oline.

Meanwhile Manziel creates more of a circus and maybe one or two wins during this losing span.

Reaction score
I just hope Manziel can get out of Cleveland. I hate that he is stuck there. That organization is complete mess. Cowboys are dysfunctional, but not to that extent. I don’t know if Manziel would have helped durning the 5 game losing streak because the Cowboys offense is so conservative. It’s some of the worst football i have seen from the Cowboys in a while. Manziel does look improved this season, he just needs more reps and some help from his teammates. Still my biggest concern is his temper and drug abuse problem.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just hope Manziel can get out of Cleveland. I hate that he is stuck there.... ....Still my biggest concern is his temper and drug abuse problem.
They talk about his off field problems but did they ever have to fucking live up there in the Cleveland area? It drove ME to drink too, and I was angry all the time too, it really sucks that much. It sucks so much, even the Edmund Fitzgerald SANK rather than have to return there!
Martin was a key contributor to our 12-4 team last year and was one of three convincing factors why Jerry needed to take the oline more serious. Leading to his aggressive approach with Collins. So you take Martin out of that equation... Who knows where we'd be at oline.

Meanwhile Manziel creates more of a circus and maybe one or two wins during this losing span.
Jerruh boozing it up, telling Stevie-boyee "look at HIM! we coulda had HIM when Romo went out!!!" Doesn't make it a good thing. We don't need anything that confirms in Jerruh's boozed up, pickled brain that he could possibly have been right.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think it's mostly his ego and the fact that the team is a toy for him, so he plays at being a football man. As long as his first concerns, his income statement and balance sheet, are fine, he has zero incentive to stop trying to prove Jimmy wrong.

When he thinks his money could be affected, as with his new stajium in 2002, he gets serious and hires a Parcells. That move alone shows he knows on some level that he isn't the best person for the job.

That's why in a way I hated last year. Right when the team's popularity could have started to wane after years of 8-8, that year guaranteed him years of the printing press running wide open.

Top Bottom