LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ugh.

Hopefully this not mean we are not also pursuing Elam or Pool.

I don't think we are. One guy shouldn't be allowed to hold shit up. My understanding is that Elam wants $5 million/per for 3 years, and that the Cowboys were offering $3 mill - $3.5 million/per year. I guess the Cowboys decided to walk away. For a free agency tha tis pretty lacking to begin with, these players are way overvaluing theirselves.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You are vastly overstating some of this. DRC has had one consistent yr and a couple of very up and down ones. Samuel gives up as many plays as he makes and thats why the Eagles acquired two other CB's, to replace him. He's also the worst tackling CB in the league. For that matter NA isnt a good tackler either. Jason Babin is 31 yrs old and before last yr had never had a season with mroe than 4 or 5 sacks.

Ware and Ratliff are elite players who are probably both going to have monster seasons playing for Ryan. Anthony Spencer could have a huge yr. Newman and Jenkins are good players. Marcus Spears and Kenyon Coleman are solid role players. Sean Lee could be an extremely good player in this scheme. And there's absolutely no comparison whatsoever between Rob Ryan and the OL coach Philly has running their defense.

:Clap:Clap

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I never said the Saints weren't strong. ATL didn't go 13-3 in 09. GB's talent wasn't realized in 09. The Eagles didn't have Nnamdi, Jenkins, Babin, DRC, Vick as a starter in 09. My point isn't even about 09. It's about what happened after that. All of those teams improved. All of those teams added talent. Whether it was the draft or free agency, all of those teams elevated the total level of talent in the NFC. Jerry Jones just sat around thinking "Hmmm we just got raped by 30+ points by the Vikings and we are going to win the Superbowl with this team." THAT's what the Cowboys did wrong. All these teams are improving. We aren't.

It was about '09, because that was the year we went 11-5. Fact is, you try to say that the teams weren't strong then, and that's bullshit. So what if Atlanta didn't go 13-3 in '09, that doesn't make '09 weak. That's stupid. So what if the Eagles didn't have those players in '09. They didn't have them last year either. I fail to see your point.

Where did the Falcons improve? They basically kept the same team, lost Dahl, and a ton of draft picks for one WR.

Where did the Packers improve? They kept the same team and even lost Jenkins.

And you claim the Eagles improved on paper because they added this person and that person. but like most fools, you overlook the main thing: they converted a long time Oline coach to run the defense. A long time position coach on the other side of the ball, is now runnign the entire defense. Perhpas we should promote our Dline coach, Baker, to OC and have him run the entire offense. I'm not saying that what the Eagles did may not work, because it very well may---stranger things have occured, I would imagine you'd have a baby if the Cowboys did something like that and rightfully so.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anytime you would like to debate all things Dallas Cowboys feel free. Otherwise, stick to being the one guy on this board who makes sbk look tolerable. I've yet to see a half-intelligent take from you.

Likewise. You happen to only been right about Smith, and now you are King Shit. Whoopee dooo dooo. That's your only claim to fame.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah Im not an ATL fan so I don't care about what they did in the draft or how good they think they are, but they didn't go 6-10. We didn't even make the playoffs.

But you said they improved. And yes, we didn't make the playoffs. But let's see if the Falcons make the playoffs if they lose Ryan for half the season, and then their young stud WR in Jones---if he is as advertised, and have a coaching change.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We did not "add" Dez, Sean, Josh, Victor, Brandon, Kevin and Barry. Those were all on the team at the end of last year and we were not exactly clicking on all cylinders.

What we are doing is banking on a lot, and I do mean a lot of young players to mature, almost magically, in one offseason. It just so happens that offseason included no OTAs, no minicamps and oh by the way, we have a new defensive system to learn too.

It is just Jerry gambling again. He just loves to do that.

How did he gamble? He went after a guy, and the guy chose not to be here. And what young players in particular?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It just worries me a bit, Jerry gets wind of this, or some other GM tells him he has a talented safety tandem, and AOA is the starter.

We better at least sign Elam.

What sense does tha tmake to sign two SS?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So why are a lot of fans expecting the momentum from last season to carry over?

Doesn't matter what the fans expect---that's irrelevant. It does not detract from the fact that every year is different. But to answer your question is because fans are fickle.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't hate Sensy like a lot of you do. I didn't expect/want him back, because I figured Huff or someone in that level would be fine to bring in and we develop/draft from now on to fill positions as our draft numbers hits that spot. We just had a real boring draft and a real boring FA. But I think they are saying, we gotta churn the bottom of the roster this year and come out of this season with a greater knowledge of who to just say good bye to next year, by letting them play.

Something Wade wasn't very fond of was giving the rooks or Hell anyone any chance of seeing the field if there was no injury to a vet.

We may very well not have a choice this year, or they may be thinking something else. I do know Butler is about to surpass Spencer in Spencer's contract year if what I've seen of TC is correct.

I'm excited for one reason and one reason only. We got a Head Coach that sounds a lot like Jimmy and has Jimmy as a mentor and a DC that walks the walk now. That may be the only thing I can get excited about until I see them in a game.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ThatSportsGirl Gina Miller
Sensabaugh said he had other, multi-year offers from teams but Cowboys were better deal for him, none of other deals were what he wanted.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Already said I was fine with this. I think he's an average player and we got him for a song. Again.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
calvinwatkins Calvin Watkins
Orlando Scandrick called Gerald Sensabaugh "the one year king."

Cythim

Reaction score
This will be his third "prove you're worth it" contract with us... maybe third time is a charm?

63echo

Reaction score
Damn. I almost feel bad for the guy. Then I look at my paycheck...

Sensabaugh, GFY.

Top Bottom