rai786

Spectator
Reaction score
Same thing happened last year. Teams got better and we tried to keep the same crap. When we went 11-5 the NFC wasn't as strong. No ATL, No GB, and No PHI. Now, all these teams have like 10 pro bowlers and we have Sensabust and Poots.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sensabaugh signing a 1yr deal means he had better perform in camp, or he may not be here in week one.

I really didnt want to see him back, but on a 1yr deal its more tolerable.

I still hope we sign Brodney Pool.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Same thing happened last year. Teams got better and we tried to keep the same crap. When we went 11-5 the NFC wasn't as strong. No ATL, No GB, and No PHI. Now, all these teams have like 10 pro bowlers and we have Sensabust and Poots.

Yeah, this team is totally void of talented players.

What a dope.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
oh well..

Hopefully his attitude is improved and he is ready to work.

X Dawg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sensabaugh signing a 1yr deal means he had better perform in camp, or he may not be here in week one.

I really didnt want to see him back, but on a 1yr deal its more tolerable.

I still hope we sign Brodney Pool.

ELAM is better than Pool - Pool is better than Sensabag

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sunshine pumpers can say what they want. He was and is horrible. Bad decision, bad signing. Rob Ryan has his work cut out for him. We are going to be vulnerable to the long ball unless Ryan can really bring the pressure.

This is going to be a long year. The offense is going to have to go off every game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sunshine pumpers can say what they want. He was and is horrible. Bad decision, bad signing. Rob Ryan has his work cut out for him. We are going to be vulnerable to the long ball unless Ryan can really bring the pressure.

This is going to be a long year. The offense is going to have to go off every game.

Wouldnt it be smarter to give up after actually seeing the product on the field some first?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wouldnt it be smarter to give up after actually seeing the product on the field some first?

haven't given up but I know I've seen enough of Sensabaugh to know that he is awful.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
haven't given up but I know I've seen enough of Sensabaugh to know that he is awful.

I admit I didnt want to see him back either, but maybe Ryan can make him a more consistent player.

This scheme isnt going to be anything liek wht we've seen in a long, long time. I'm willing to wait and see on stuff before I hit the panic button that so many others seem to be hitting. There is alot of quality on this defense, especially in the front 7.

rai786

Spectator
Reaction score
You're right, Ryan's defense might be really good. We all know he had crap in Cleveland and he killed Brady with nobodies.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're right, Ryan's defense might be really good. We all know he had crap in Cleveland and he killed Brady with nobodies.

He didnt have anybody even remotely close to D Ware or Ratliff. Really didnt have much at any other position either. Other than safety, they were worse everywhere than we are.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I admit I didnt want to see him back either, but maybe Ryan can make him a more consistent player.

This scheme isnt going to be anything liek wht we've seen in a long, long time. I'm willing to wait and see on stuff before I hit the panic button that so many others seem to be hitting. There is alot of quality on this defense, especially in the front 7.

The one problem remains, safety play. Why the people in charge refuse to actually address and fix it is mindboggling to me. Sensabaugh can not cover to save his life. Rob Ryan can line him up in the right place but he can't fix his awful coverage ability.

You may not believe this but when the lockout ended/free agency began, I was optimistic. I thought Jerry would want to fix the problems. Even though Mike Huff, Abram Elam, etc. aren't the dream safety I have been pining for, that at least they would be a significant upgrade over the crap we had last year. I hate Jerry and I am still in shock with what has happened. I don't see how Jerry expects us to be better without acquiring more talented players. Is Kenyon Coleman an upgrade over Stephen Bowen? Is Kevin Ogletree a better on-field talent than Roy Williams. Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter, and DeMarco Murray are a couple of seasons away from having a major impact for us.

Rob Ryan will make us better. Jason's discipline, compared to Wade's carefree demeanor, will make us better. I just don't think that's enough.

Last edited:

rai786

Spectator
Reaction score
He didnt have anybody even remotely close to D Ware or Ratliff. Really didnt have much at any other position either. Other than safety, they were worse everywhere than we are.

That's the problem. Cowboys fan have only those two guys to rely on for our team's future. Think of it this way, if you were an Eagles fan and Rob was your DC, you could be excited about Nnamdi, jenkins, DRC, Samuel, Cole, Babin. I would take six in-their-prime pro bowlers over two. Newman is old, Jenkins and Spencer are unproven, and we have only serviceable DEs.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

*sigh* More idiots coming out the woodwork. Must be sbk's revenge. Gee... I recall that when the Cowboys went 11-5 in 2009 I assume you are referring to, the Eagles also went 11-5. We beat them in the first round of the playoffs. The Packers also went 11-5 and lost to the Cardinals in the first round. In addtion there was a Saints team that eventually became the SB Champs. So how the fuck you sit up here and say the NFC was not strong that year when they produced the SB Champs?

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Stick to talking about Tyron Smith, because that's about any and all you know.

Top Bottom