yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
just watched a special about how bad its gotten there with homeless and drug addicts everywhere trashing the place and the local government unwilling to do anything about it and the police not empowered to stop it either

Is it really that bad?

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
watching the video.... yeah... I have seen a lot of homeless and people without job, etc ... A lot of business go out of business, lost their home... due to upscale and its known to have alot of cranes to build tall buildings .. can be business, living... etc.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Click Here for artcle: No end in sight to Seattle’s intractable tent nightmare

No end in sight to Seattle’s intractable tent nightmare
Originally published April 5, 2019 at 9:18 am
Updated April 6, 2019 at 9:54 am

9th-circuit-ONLINE-COLOR-1020x686.jpg
Court says homeless can sleep in public spaces if cities fail to provide beds.

By David Horsey
Guest cartoonist

It doesn’t matter if they become trash heaps, drug dens or open-air toilets, homeless encampments cannot be removed from public spaces if a city fails or falls behind in providing enough places to sleep for every person out on the streets.
That’s what the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled, thereby throwing a big curveball at efforts to stop the proliferation of tents in Seattle and other cities in the Western states.

See more of David Horsey’s cartoons at: st.news/davidhorsey
View other syndicated cartoonists at: st.news/cartoons

Last edited:

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
So tons of businesses went out of business since they put in $15 an hour minimum wage in Seattle? Say it ain't so! Lots of homeless from everyone losing their jobs? Say it ain't so! This is what happens when you model your city after a utopian dream you had that you had no proof would work.

They'll find some way to blame it on the conservatives though. Most every major city in the US is run by Democrats and yet they blame it on the Republicans.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
They can appeal, but the circus that is the 9th will throw it down and I'm unsure if you can even be heard by the supreme court about this at all. They dug their graves tho.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Why is a thread about Seattle and their homeless problem a sticky thread on a Dallas Cowboy website?

Seattle and it’s homeless problem has zero fuckall to do with the Dallas Cowboys!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why is a thread about Seattle and their homeless problem a sticky thread on a Dallas Cowboy website?

Seattle and it’s homeless problem has zero fuckall to do with the Dallas Cowboys!

lol, its in the "off topic" forum, what's the problem?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That’s fine that it’s in the “off topic” section

My question is why it was made sticky and always at the top of the page? Especially since it was up there forever with zero replies until tonight when I replied asking why it was sticky

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That’s fine that it’s in the “off topic” section

My question is why it was made sticky and always at the top of the page? Especially since it was up there forever with zero replies until tonight when I replied asking why it was sticky

ah, I didn't notice that, don't know, perhaps the owner will chime in

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
The owner splits loyalty between us and the Seahawks I believe I read him post that somewhere.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The owner splits loyalty between us and the Seahawks I believe I read him post that somewhere.

If I remember right, he lives in Seattle and bought this site from Dooms. I don’t think he has any allegiance to the Cowboys. He may be a Seahawk fan. But I don’t remember him being a Cowboy fan at all.

I could be wrong, it wouldn’t be the first or the last time

Top Bottom